Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
cOOTs "will" have new FB HC after 2 more yrs since SPUR's 68
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

cOOTs "will" have new FB HC after 2 more yrs since SPUR's 68

Jul 5, 2014, 12:29 PM

now I believe..and in that I've lived the 70 bit, I can tell you some things just lose their worth and/or need for it at this tenure in life.

So, who would USC bring in this time with loads of available money..since they've opened the wallet big time in the past with several NC HC's..and now they have more money than ever due to Spur & SEC success.

What say you?! GoTiGERS..and DaBO & Staff!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Spurrier will bolt once they have down season....

Jul 5, 2014, 1:15 PM

which could very well happen this season, with all the inexperience they have. Spurrier would have been gone after the 2010 season if Florida, UGA, and UT didn't have down or mini down seasons. The only thing that has kept Spurrier at SCU is UT and UF having down periods. If it wasn't for those schools downturn SCU would never have experienced the success they have had over the past 4 years.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Spurrier will bolt once they have down season....

Jul 5, 2014, 10:12 PM

And of course the Clemson downturn in the rivalry has helped him tremendously. But along those same lines, if the ACC had more than only 3 or 4 really good teams in the past four years, the Tigers wouldn't have had their recent successes either.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 5, 2014, 11:21 PM

Yeah we'd have really struggled recently if we had teams like UGA, LSU, Auburn and Ohio State in the ACC...

oh wait...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 5, 2014, 11:47 PM

......or South Florida, West Virginia, oh wait...and of course, South Carolina?

Fair enough...one thing is for sure though...gamecock fans

Jul 6, 2014, 12:02 AM [ in reply to Re: Spurrier will bolt once they have down season.... ]

that continuously beat their chest about being in the SEC are dumbarses... They will NEVER sniff a playoff with likes of the Auburn, Bama, A&M, LSU, UGA, Ole Miss and maybe soon UT, UF, and Mizzou to contend with. You praise playing in a tough conference and THAT will be yall's downfall. Let the ACC be weak for all I care. So long as we take care of business in the ACC with a W against the coots at the end of the season, we'll ALWAYS be in contention for the playoff...even more likely if it ever goes to an eight team playoff.

We have it made here in the ACC...we'll continue to play in games like the Orange Bowl while you guys sit on the outside. Don't hand me that technicality crap either...NO ONE outside of a lamecock even plays that card...and it is all out of jealousy.

Re: Fair enough...one thing is for sure though...gamecock fans

Jul 6, 2014, 5:51 PM

Tall Tiger, I actually agree with you. That wasn't my argument. I merely pointed out that SC did benefit from a down league recently, but so did Clemson. The system now favors Clemson much better than SC for playoff goodies. I was questioning the wisdom of the Tigers staying in the ACC a couple of years ago, but the playoffs make the ACC look a whole lot better! P.S. I really don't know many Gamecock fans that are presently jealous of Clemson, but I do know several Clemson fans that appear to be very jealous of the Gamecocks these days.

Re: cOOTs "will" have new FB HC after 2 more yrs since SPUR's 68

Jul 5, 2014, 5:19 PM

SOS is 69,will be 70 in April 2015.So now that can
be one more year.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 5, 2014, 5:24 PM

I personally hope Spurrier stays at least 4 or 5 more years. He's 6-3 against us now. Given that I see us beating them this year, and the fact that we typically beat SC in 3-4 year runs, we need him to stay a few more years to send him out a loser against us. Otherwise if he leaves this year or next he will be the only SC coach to have a winning record against us.

When he does decide to retire I feel Mark Dantonio from Michigan St will be SCs first choice. He's an alumni of SC and a very good coach who could be the longterm hire they need that will stay and build on what Spurrier has done. I hate to say it but that may not be good for us. We may look back later and realize that Spurrier was SCs Moses and Dantonio was their Joshua.

Another scenario is that Texas will likely fire Charlie Strong in 3-4 years after he doesnt live up to that fan base's high expectations. Spurrier would likely hire him again as his DC and coach in waiting.

Jul 5, 2014, 6:58 PM

I hope he stays until he is a doddering old fool, and can barely walk..wait... never mind.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 5, 2014, 10:20 PM

And since that "doddering old fool" has whipped Dabo 5 straight...wait..never mind.

Jul 6, 2014, 2:22 AM

Yea, and the fans were 'bout ready to fire his ### after several years of mediocre play concluding with Dabo beating him (after replacing T Bowden). That's a fact.

Anyway, seeing as they have raised his state salary from 350k to 1,050,000 just this year, it looks like he is trying to maximize his retirement pay as the state looks at your last three years of pay for calculating retirement pay. He's got two more years.

Jul 6, 2014, 8:24 AM

Not rue on either account. Get your "facts" straight.

Any by the way, for you to bring up coaches salaries after Dabo and company contracts and salaries makes you look real silly.

Just saying

Jul 6, 2014, 9:37 AM

Bill, Spurrier is 69 so he'll be 70 on his next birthday. Since you're 70+, what's your opinion on being a head coach at that age?

Bill Snyder was hired to be KSU's coach again at the end of the 2008 season after being retired for 3 years. He took the job as a 69 year old. He went 10-3 in 2011 at 72 years old and 11-2 in 2012 at 73 years old. He just signed a contract extension thru 2017......he'll be 78.

I don't know when Spurrier will hang it up at SCAR but I think he's there for more than two more years.

As a guy who is self employed and enjoys what he does for a living, I plan on working until I die. I enjoy being a sloth with nothing to do as much as anyone but if I'm 70 and still mentally and physically able, I'd prefer to keep working instead of just kind of "checking out".......what say you Bill?

I say: If I was Spur & kicking TiGs arses...I'd stay til 80!

Jul 6, 2014, 11:14 AM

GoTiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think Coach Spurrier has had one great goal in mind

Jul 6, 2014, 11:26 AM

all along, and that is the SEC crown.

The five-peat against Clemson has been a feather in his cap, but I doubt that's been his ultimate goal.

Thus, more than likely he'll remain until he either has that SEC crown or realizes that it's unattainable. His age means nothing to me, because many folks his age or older continue to work and enjoy it. Heck, I'm 247 and still going strong!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think Coach Spurrier has had one great goal in mind

Jul 6, 2014, 1:44 PM

So you were 9 when we became the USA.I realize you
were over 100 when we played our first Football
game but did you go to it?I'm excited to being
able too ask a 247 yr.old questions.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think Coach Spurrier has had one great goal in mind

Jul 6, 2014, 5:37 PM [ in reply to I think Coach Spurrier has had one great goal in mind ]

hartins, you are absolutely correct on all counts, per usual.

Jul 6, 2014, 7:19 PM

Bob Stoops is the coach in waiting.

***shivers in fear***

Jul 6, 2014, 7:27 PM

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic