Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Four hours for a baseball game is TOO DAMB LONG!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Four hours for a baseball game is TOO DAMB LONG!

Oct 18, 2018, 10:27 PM

Couldn’t sleep last night, so sat up and watched the Red Sox/Astros game. It didn’t end until after 1 AM! Tonight, they are only into the fifth inning and it’s over two hours already!

Jeez, I remember going to a Braves game with Greg Maddux pitching, and the game lasting barely two hours.

Brutal!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Re: Four hours for a baseball game is TOO DAMB LONG!

Oct 18, 2018, 10:33 PM

These playoff games always seem to take longer. I’ll be glad when the Sox get this over with. I’m tired of hearing these two homers complain about the umps. They must be wolfpackers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As a Red Sox fan, I can say...

Oct 18, 2018, 10:33 PM

I TOTALLY AGREE!

How can I watch a whole game during the work week when I start work at 7 am?

Knock it out in 3 hours or less!

And every Red Sox v. Yankees game takes at least 4 hrs. to complete. Wrap this crap up!!!

~JKB

Re: As a Red Sox fan, I can say...

Oct 18, 2018, 10:49 PM

Normally I would say that this game is wrapped up but the usually excellent closer is struggling right now. Kimberly needs to relax and go out and throw strikes. He pressing right now and he’s to good to do that.

That’s offensive to all Kimberlys in the world!

Oct 18, 2018, 11:03 PM

Kimbrel hasn’t been Kim-level good throughout the postseason so far.

It ticks me off. You pitch 98-99 mph, dood. ATTACK BATTERS!!! Quit trying to nibble and THROW STRIKES!!!

~JKB

Re: That’s offensive to all Kimberlys in the world!

Oct 19, 2018, 8:09 AM

Entire MLB season is too long .

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That’s offensive to all Kimberlys in the world!

Oct 19, 2018, 8:10 AM [ in reply to That’s offensive to all Kimberlys in the world! ]

Entire MLB season is too long .

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

as a LL fan,

Oct 19, 2018, 1:07 AM [ in reply to As a Red Sox fan, I can say... ]

cut out the glove adjustments, jock-pulling, 15 seconds of mind melding with bat on every pitch, and voila...2 hour game.

blame the 45 seconds between each pitch***

Oct 18, 2018, 10:51 PM

Re: blame the 45 seconds between each pitch***

Oct 18, 2018, 11:19 PM

Yep. And let’s not forget the 3 min between each half inning - that’s almost an hour right there... sigh!

Guess I don’t need to tell you what I think about the guy in the red shirt during football games...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Oct 19, 2018, 7:55 AM [ in reply to blame the 45 seconds between each pitch*** ]

Three times I timed Price at more than a minute between pitches. I even went back and forth between the football game and the baseball game a few times watching Three snaps and never missed a pitch.

Oct 19, 2018, 7:55 AM [ in reply to blame the 45 seconds between each pitch*** ]

Three times I timed Price at more than a minute between pitches. I even went back and forth between the football game and the baseball game a few times watching Three snaps and never missed a pitch.

Oct 19, 2018, 7:57 AM

Sorry, lousy connection here.

Grumpy old man Board HOF material.***

Oct 18, 2018, 11:35 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 19, 2018, 12:36 AM

Randy Johnson's perfect games were even shorter.

Oct 19, 2018, 12:38 AM

watching baseball is how I cured my insomnia.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 19, 2018, 6:28 AM

A few possibles... Split screen for commercials....Have players immediately jog to their position..Have the pitcher warm up in bull pen when his team gets to one out...Have home plate ump call "play ball" as soon as players get to their positions, no more pitcher warm ups...No more 1 free trip to mound from dugout... No stepping out of batters box between pitches... No more catcher-pitchers conference...15 seconds between pitches... You know these $$$$ millionaires would howl at the moon if these items were introduced...I would howl in laughter.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 19, 2018, 7:49 AM

One manager challenge per game. In the p,ayoffs they get 2, and if they are correct with the challenge, they get the challenge back. So, effectively, they get 3 or more a game. It’s too much and leads to challenging minor plays. 1 challenge, and when you use it you lose it regardless of outcome.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic