Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
between now and signing day
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

between now and signing day

Jan 8, 2016, 4:41 PM

Any ideas on how Clemson will fair with new commits between now and Feb 4th?? or who we have a chance with on signing day? I know rashaun gary is a long shot, but do we stand a chance with any other 4-5 stars left. Seems like clemson focussed more on quality, rather than quantity this year. Still impressive to be in top 5 with only 16 commits

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: between now and signing day

Jan 8, 2016, 4:48 PM

I know I'm new around here and all in some eyes so you can just chalk this pick up to beginners luck but Gary is ours.

Jan 8, 2016, 4:55 PM

Most realistic non-surprise shots left would be with Trayvon Mullen and John Simpson. Both 5-stars. If Gary leans away from Michigan (unlikely) I fear it will be to Ole Miss, not us. We've seen this movie before... Strange things are afoot in Oxford!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 8, 2016, 4:56 PM

Typo, meant to say both 4-star, not 5.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 8, 2016, 4:55 PM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=1541689

Keep an eye on these folks:

4 Star OL recruit John Simpson has scheduled visits to Florida on January 16th, Clemson on January 23rd and Alabama on January 30th.

4* S Romeo Finley will be visiting Clemson on January 23rd.

Top DL Rashan Gary released a Top 8 which included Clemson and the Tigers are in the mix to get his final visit. Gary has an uncle who lives in the upstate. As I've said all along- if we can get him in for a visit then one could safely assume our chances greatly improve.

Perhaps the most interesting news on the trail is that Clemson has offered former Penn State commit Lavert Hill of Detroit, MI. He'll be visiting on the 20th and is rated the #6 CB by 247sports.

4* DL Michael Carter (6-4 310) has slated a visit to Clemson on January 15th. He'll also see Georgia, Georgia Tech, and possibly Alabama and Auburn. He is expected to announce of Signing Day.

Highly touted 4* CB prospect Trayvon Mullen will visit Clemson on January 15th. He's been to FSU, TCU, UofL and will see LSU the week after he visits Clemson. “I love Clemson, I love the coaches, I just love everything about it,” Mullen said. "I watch them a lot because that’s one school that I feel like I’m going to hold with till the end, till like Signing Day. That’s like my dream school.” One note on UofL is that freshman QB Lamar Jackson is his cousin. They are close and it was Jackson who pushed for him to visit the Cardinals.

US Army Bowl ATH Malek Young told reporters on Sunday that his top four are Clemson, South Carolina, Miami and Ohio State. Young will officially visit Clemson (Jan. 15), Miami (Jan. 22) and South Carolina (Jan. 29) before announcing a decision on National Signing Day. “I always kept in touch with Clemson. I just watch their defensive backs coach every game and I love the way he coaches them.”

Clemson has been in talks with Savannah RB Arkeem Byrd but no offer has been extended. Mike Reed is interested in potentially taking him as a DB. Clemson is also interested in S Daniel Thomas of Alabama who totaled 87 tackles, 7 INTs and two punt returns for a TD last season

Also watch out for S Marcelino Ball who has been in talks with our staff lately.

Jan 8, 2016, 5:00 PM

Mullen and/or Hill would be great gets a CB. We are solid everywhere else really just adding extra. WE TOO DEEP

Jan 8, 2016, 5:00 PM [ in reply to Re: between now and signing day ]

Thank you btw. Great stuff!

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic