Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Clemson announces metal detector pilot program for 2018 football season
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 65
| visibility 1

TNET: Clemson announces metal detector pilot program for 2018 football season

Aug 22, 2018, 12:21 PM

Clemson announces metal detector pilot program for 2018 football season

CLEMSON, S.C. — In an effort to ensure that Memorial Stadium is the safest possible venue for fans during the 2018 season and beyond, Clemson Athletics, in conj Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Clemson announces metal detector pilot program for 2018 football season

Aug 22, 2018, 12:26 PM

Argh!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Clemson announces metal detector pilot program for 2018 football season

Aug 22, 2018, 12:27 PM

Do pilots really carry so much metal this is a concern? How do you know if someone is a pilot. And what is the alternative screening process? ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, but the thing they fly usually has a LOT of metal in it

Aug 22, 2018, 12:53 PM

Hope they catch 'em for they hit the stadium.

Aug 22, 2018, 11:32 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson announces metal detector pilot program for 2018 football season ]

Seeking answers...

So let me get this straight...the detectors will be placed at "select gates" "rotating throughout the season":

1) Why is it necessary to keep the gates rotating all season long...seems like a waste of a lot of electricity..
2) Will I be injured while trying to enter a "rotating" gate?
3) When I exit the "rotating" gate and come out dizzy, will it be assumed that I've been "over served" and be subjected to a field sobriety test?...
and on a more serious note...
4) If a crazed individual (or a student with a six pack or flask) wanted to get into the game...wouldn't he just go to a gate without the detector?...

Please help!

Aug 22, 2018, 12:32 PM

:(

does this mean I have to pull the 6 pack of beer out of my

Aug 22, 2018, 12:34 PM

cargo pants and put them in a tray before I walk through?

Re: does this mean I have to pull the 6 pack of beer out of my

Aug 22, 2018, 12:36 PM

not if you use corked bottles.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: does this mean I have to pull the 6 pack of beer out of my

Aug 22, 2018, 12:41 PM [ in reply to does this mean I have to pull the 6 pack of beer out of my ]

Just get a foldable water pouch like the undergrads.

I saw a guy at LSU's stadium get wanded holding an entire bottle of whiskey in a rolled up program above his head. The security people never noticed.

Schools will only start to really care about people sneaking in alcohol when they start selling it.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It’s an awful shame

Aug 22, 2018, 12:54 PM

That America (and the world) has gotten to this level of behavior. One well equipped drone could practically wipe out Death Valley in a matter of seconds. I hope the powers that be pay attention to those kind of possibilities.

Re: It’s an awful shame

Aug 23, 2018, 1:08 AM

Make a double wall clear bag using that clear in appearance flex seal to spray over and inside bag and take your plastic flask in that way with the things that is acceptable in the outer wall bag. It can be worked out, and if you're ever caught, they will just take the bag as long as it was only alcohol in the center conceal bag;) and say nice try....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks, Antifa and Coots!

Aug 22, 2018, 12:50 PM

You are the reason we can't have nice things.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Blame the "good ole boys" like Dylann Roof

Aug 23, 2018, 9:34 AM

You know... The type you typically see in cuffs when mass shootings occur in this country.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The ones you typically see when the media chooses to cover

Aug 26, 2018, 2:45 PM

a shooting, you mean.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the rest were just common instances of "workplace violence"***

Aug 26, 2018, 2:49 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 22, 2018, 1:00 PM

This is going to be a hot topic on Tigernet I do believe.

I personally hate the idea of metal detectors before entering as it gives off a bad image and I question the effectiveness of them in general. Understand the thought process and it is a crazy freaking world now but is this where we are now at this point?

Everyone hates airports because the delay the bs TSA screenings cause and I believe his will cause massive delays entering an already jam packed entrance.

I only see this as an issue right before kickoff

Aug 22, 2018, 1:11 PM

I went to a Braves game a few weeks ago and they have them too. We walked in early and there was no problem. Same thing with the Augusta National. The people that won’t like this are the ones waiting until the last minute to show up.

Be early and be loud! Go Tigers!

Re: I only see this as an issue right before kickoff

Aug 22, 2018, 1:18 PM

and they are already ticked because of the crappy traffic flow getting there

Nope, it will be a huge ###########, just like at the ACC CG

Aug 22, 2018, 3:21 PM [ in reply to I only see this as an issue right before kickoff ]

where getting there an hour before kickoff means the line is only 35 minutes long

It was also a clustefuck at the Well the year we played

Aug 22, 2018, 3:24 PM

there

Re: Nope, it will be a huge ###########, just like at the ACC CG

Aug 22, 2018, 8:35 PM [ in reply to Nope, it will be a huge ###########, just like at the ACC CG ]

THIS! I waited in Charlotte for the ACCCG and wound up missing the first quarter. This will be an unnecessary cluster ----! Thank and Arab, and thank a stupid administrator for this one. This ranks right up there with the idiot who made the stupid decision that emptied "The Hill".

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Get there earlier***

Aug 23, 2018, 9:35 AM

Yeah, that will solve the problem, just wait in line earlier

Aug 23, 2018, 12:39 PM

not

Re: Get there earlier***

Aug 27, 2018, 10:07 AM [ in reply to Get there earlier*** ]

Interesting that you don't seem to mind wasting an extra hour (or more) that could be spent at a tailgate with friends in the shade vs sitting in the blazing sun (or maybe rain, etc) at the stadium, or standing around underneath the stadium in the very crowded concession area for an extra hour or more. Not to mention the extra time spent for every person to be "wanded" or to pass through metal detectors. I do not really want that inconvenience, but I will do whatever I have to to to watch the game.

Aug 22, 2018, 1:25 PM

Better arrive early. Lines will be jacked up. Yes jacked up.

Aug 22, 2018, 1:48 PM

#### that ####.

Aug 22, 2018, 1:49 PM

Y'all reckon a diaper bag will count as "medically necessary" or will I have to dump my baby's diapers into a clear bag for all the world to see after he stews them up?

Aug 22, 2018, 1:50 PM

It takes long enough to get in now, and this will only make it worse. They better open up the parking lots earlier, or people will miss the first half.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If I was planning an attack, I would attack the massive blob

Aug 22, 2018, 1:56 PM

of people trying to get in the stadium.

To me, that's where the danger lies. Some idiot hanging out on the ramp to go to the North Upper Deck while masses of people are trying to get in lower deck.

The danger is not in the stadium itself.

Re: If I was planning an attack, I would attack the massive blob

Aug 22, 2018, 4:06 PM

that's what I've always said. Truth is, they probably don't feel responsible for your safety when you are on the outside of the stadium.

wouldn't affect liability, you would still be on school

Aug 22, 2018, 4:08 PM

property

Re: wouldn't affect liability, you would still be on school

Aug 22, 2018, 8:40 PM

Bet they never even thought about that. Just another stupid decision similar to "The Hill" fiasco that helped take away a huge tradition so many have enjoyed for eons. I hope whoever thought this up is looking for a job after the first game and the ---- hits the fan.

If I can't my trusty pocket knife to a football game, it'll

Aug 22, 2018, 2:04 PM

be this ole boys last one.

%&*$^&$! $^&& you Kommie @#$^$&@&*

Re: If I can't my trusty pocket knife to a football game, it'll

Aug 22, 2018, 8:42 PM

I threw away a brand new one I just bough in Switzerland at the game in Charlotte. How stupid they are!

This is a good idea for the AD to consider

Aug 23, 2018, 10:22 AM

Provide a way for fans to retrieve items that they had to leave behind at the detectors. Maybe give people a claim check for their pocketknife or whatever.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 22, 2018, 2:12 PM

Had to deal with this at the Natty in Tampa. Almost missed kickoff. Not enough detectors or staff to man them there. Real cluster.

At the Sugar Bowl too. There, it was much smoother. More detectors and staff to man them.

Leave early to get to your seat or you may miss kickoff.

It's been a clusefuck everywhere it has been deployed,

Aug 22, 2018, 3:40 PM

Good job Clemson

Re: It's been a clusefuck everywhere it has been deployed,

Aug 22, 2018, 8:43 PM

You are so right!!!

truth hurts***

Aug 22, 2018, 9:04 PM [ in reply to It's been a clusefuck everywhere it has been deployed, ]

Aug 22, 2018, 3:00 PM

Saddest thing I’ve read on here in a long time. Why would any business want to adopt the airlines methods for treating their customers?

Fear... Your POTUS has been peddling it since he got elected***

Aug 23, 2018, 9:39 AM

So..... we implement new security measures that make it take

Aug 22, 2018, 3:06 PM

longer for people to get in to the stadium, create more of a backup at the gate, and subsequently put larger numbers of people in a very compact area. Somehow that doesn't sound more secure to me, just sounds like the creation of a new target rich environment.... Just sayin.

Re: So..... we implement new security measures that make it take

Aug 22, 2018, 8:56 PM

My thoughts too! We must have hired a coot to help with this plan. I guess, since they (coots)make such good stadium clean up staff, someone must have deduced they would make good stadium occupancy regulations staff. The truth is, they should stick to cleaning up the garbage left after the games. That is something about which they have experience. Engaging in planning is way above their pay grade.

Re: Well, at least Sakerlina will breeze right through in

Aug 22, 2018, 3:09 PM

November. After all, they only have 1 conference trophy to their name.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

This will pretty much end the passout policy...In the name

Aug 22, 2018, 3:39 PM

of saving us from a threat that never existed to begin with

Re: This will pretty much end the passout policy...In the name

Aug 22, 2018, 6:30 PM

Yup .. agree 100%. Won’t be able to leave at halftime soon enough.

Aug 22, 2018, 4:11 PM

I hope they will keep out Vape devices!

because water vapor bothers you?***

Aug 22, 2018, 4:14 PM

Re: because water vapor bothers you?***

Aug 22, 2018, 6:14 PM

Wonder if they will still do pass out checks

Sure, they'll still grant them, you'll just have to wait in

Aug 22, 2018, 6:18 PM

line to get scanned again...Very clever by Clemson, don't take them away, just make them a giant pain in the ###...All in the name of safety

Re: Sure, they'll still grant them, you'll just have to wait in

Aug 22, 2018, 7:46 PM

They have these at some of the high school games now in Spartanburg.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

they still allow them as long as you promise not to use them

Aug 23, 2018, 1:44 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson announces metal detector pilot program for 2018 football season ]

and as long as people aren't ##### vaporizers are not an issue unlike you're attitude towards them

I didn't see metal flasks on the list...

Aug 22, 2018, 8:24 PM

...I must be good to go. :)

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 22, 2018, 8:30 PM

THIS SUX!!!

Aug 22, 2018, 8:40 PM

The balloons were the precursor of things to come. Remember sane people are not in charge when it comes to making sane decisions.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Boooooooo***

Aug 22, 2018, 8:42 PM

Aug 22, 2018, 8:57 PM

I carry a medical card that says I'm not to be subjected to walk through medal detector or the wand medal detectors bc I have a spinal cord stimulator, but I would have to surrender to a pat down or strip search if ask!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 22, 2018, 9:01 PM
6bpho.jpg(47.8 K)

Make sure not to wrap your cucumber in tin foil!

Since the impacted Gates will rotate wouldn’t a bad guy with half a brain just

Aug 23, 2018, 12:24 AM

Go to a gate without it??

I swear there is a coot in the ADs office finding a way to “fix” a lot of stuff that isn’t broken such as this, the hill and balloons. Heaven help us if he gets to work on dippin dots.

Aug 23, 2018, 7:19 AM

Translation: prepare to stand in an annoyed crowd for an extra 45 minutes.

I understand the need, but this is not going to be fun. I also give myself about 3 games before I forget I have my pocketknife (which I carry everywhere) and will end up having to bury it under a rock outside the stadium.

I don't see the need***

Aug 23, 2018, 12:41 PM

Aug 23, 2018, 9:04 AM

I wonder if any of those old guys on the beach with metal detectors have ever dug up a buried metal detector ?
You know , forcing them into an existential situation right there on the beach , in their stupid fishing vest and floppy hat.

DB23

So much fear being peddled in this country...

Aug 23, 2018, 9:49 AM

And now it's affecting my Clemson gameday experience. Makes me wanna puke.

I'll probably just sit in my tailgate spot and watch on TV

Aug 23, 2018, 10:08 AM

This is getting ridiculous.

Will be clustery***

Aug 23, 2018, 11:55 AM

"You don't get control of the game when you're air-balling layups." - Brent Venables

For our safety, I presume. Does that mean

Aug 26, 2018, 2:41 PM

that they will be checking all of the vendors and the massive amounts of trucks that provision the stadium before the game? Without that, this is a BS TSA-ish move that provides employment for a bunch of Barney Fife wannabes while making double extra sure that no actual bad guys that might actually want to cause harm are inconvenienced in their attempts.

Replies: 65
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic