Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
basically the argument is bama deserves to get in
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 1

basically the argument is bama deserves to get in

Dec 1, 2018, 6:06 PM

even with a loss..because they won all of the other games that didnt have any championship on the line in dominant fashion..at that rate lets just give them national championship trophy if we are just going to base everything on eye test..lets just crown the champion based on eye test as well

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: basically the argument is bama deserves to get in

Dec 1, 2018, 6:08 PM

Do you think they are one of the 4 best teams or are they outside the top 4 best teams?

honestly i think OU would give htem a game

Dec 1, 2018, 6:11 PM

same with ohio state when clicking ..for as dominant as they have looked this year against teams with decent defenses and what not they have showed they arent as dominant..last week vs auburn they struggled in the first half and miss state shut them down defensively

Re: honestly i think OU would give htem a game

Dec 1, 2018, 6:13 PM

I think they are top 4 still, but man Tua has looked so bad. Then again, maybe Tua would look better vs Oklahoma's D. One thing I do know is that that this playoff is wide open as far as who can win it.

wich is why i said ohio state as well

Dec 1, 2018, 6:15 PM

they play enough defense and have speed to keep up with bama as well

Re: wich is why i said ohio state as well

Dec 1, 2018, 6:23 PM

While Ohio State's defense is miles above OU's defense, they are still pretty bad. They are 56th in scoring defense, 67th in total defense, 75th in pass defense and 62nd in rush defense. Those ranks put them in the bottom 20 percent of the Power Five teams.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: wich is why i said ohio state as well

Dec 1, 2018, 6:26 PM [ in reply to wich is why i said ohio state as well ]

True

Re: honestly i think OU would give htem a game

Dec 1, 2018, 6:18 PM [ in reply to honestly i think OU would give htem a game ]

I would love more than anything for Bama to get left out primarily bc they are the only team that I don't feel 100 percent confident that we would beat. I'm not saying we can't beat them, but it would be by far the toughest matchup.

The crazy thing is that in those aforementioned games where Bama hasn't looked as dominant (LSU, Miss St, Citadel and Auburn), they have still won those games by 29 pts, 24 pts, 33 pts and 31 pts. When a team is winning games by an average of 29.3 points in their bad games, that's pretty darn impressive.

I completely understand the argument that OU and OSU could potentially be more deserving since they would have won their conference with the same record as Bama without a conference title, but if we're talking about the four best teams then Bama is clearly in that group.

Dec 1, 2018, 6:12 PM [ in reply to Re: basically the argument is bama deserves to get in ]

If Bama loses there LAST GAME, which is also they’re conference championship...

...THEY SHOULD ABSOLUTELY BE LEFT OUT OF THE FINAL FOUR!!!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

if the goal is eye test then by that logic

Dec 1, 2018, 6:13 PM

why not just dominate all year and lose late in the season so you wont have to play an extra game

Re: if the goal is eye test then by that logic

Dec 1, 2018, 6:19 PM

That's basically what bama is doing. Thwy did it last year. And gheyre blowing it this year. Theres no way bama is playing this bad without it being on purpose. Saban knows theyll get in off of bamas legacy alone

Re: if the goal is eye test then by that logic

Dec 1, 2018, 6:20 PM [ in reply to if the goal is eye test then by that logic ]

That's basically what bama is doing. Thwy did it last year. And gheyre blowing it this year. Theres no way bama is playing this bad without it being on purpose. Saban knows theyll get in off of bamas legacy alone

Dec 1, 2018, 6:17 PM [ in reply to Re: basically the argument is bama deserves to get in ]

I think the best 4 teams should be in. If they lose this game it's just another loss, like the Sooners loss or Ohio State's loss. You have to look at the competition of everyone and how they played and who the losses were to as well and how they all went down. It's just the best 4 teams. That said, I don't know who the best 4 teams are.

I would go

Clemson
Georgia
Bama
??? not ND

clemson ,nd, uga and oklahoma not hard

Dec 1, 2018, 6:18 PM

oklahomas one loss got made up today when they beat the team that beat them

Re: clemson ,nd, uga and oklahoma not hard

Dec 1, 2018, 6:25 PM

Yeah, but Texas kind of sucks.

Dec 1, 2018, 6:28 PM [ in reply to Re: basically the argument is bama deserves to get in ]

That’s what I’m saying! You’ll have 2 one loss conference champions assuming OSU wins tonight.

Dec 1, 2018, 6:14 PM [ in reply to Re: basically the argument is bama deserves to get in ]

Who cares whowe think are the 4 best teams? We can only base such an opinion on the actual results of games? Bama was probably the best team the year FSU won the Natty. Ohio State was the best team the year Bama beat us in the Natty.

Guess what, the game and results are all that should matter. Your thereotical NCAA rating is pure hypothetical and it's asisne to rely on it.

also keep in mind by technically

oklahoma is undefeated as well...because they avenged their one loss today against texas

Re: also keep in mind by technically

Dec 1, 2018, 6:35 PM

How can anyone argue with that bulletproof logic? LMAO!

Dec 1, 2018, 6:18 PM [ in reply to Re: basically the argument is bama deserves to get in ]

The committee cares who the best 4 teams are.

Dec 1, 2018, 6:26 PM

They didn't care when Ohio State got left out in 15.

The committee has no secret knowledge. Their only judgment tool is the regular season, just like us. Unfortunately they also seem to care a lot about the Preseason magazines

Dec 1, 2018, 6:27 PM

Last year they said they cared. They have stated this year that the goal is the 4 best teams.

Dec 1, 2018, 6:37 PM

And politican want the best for you and me. That's just PR talk. There is no way to pick the 4 best teams. Only the 4 most deserving teams.

Dec 1, 2018, 6:39 PM [ in reply to Re: basically the argument is bama deserves to get in ]

It’s interesting that you are a “tiger fan” yet claim that Ohio State was the best team in the country when Clemson was #1 in every CFP poll and the only team to finish the regular season undefeated. There’s not a Clemson fan around that would make that claim. So if your pulse didn’t out you as the Coot you are then this claim does. How was that loss last week Coot?

Dec 1, 2018, 6:26 PM [ in reply to Re: basically the argument is bama deserves to get in ]

I just can’t imagine Bama getting in over 2 one loss conference champions should Bama lose and OSU win.

makes it easy on committee. Bama gets in

don’t have to argue about Oklahoma vs Ohio State

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There is a reason lsu has remained in the top 10 all year...

Dec 1, 2018, 6:16 PM

as a quality win for bama...

and a quality...twenty point loss....for uga

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2018, 6:19 PM

They already have lol. Didn't you hear about Vegas sports books paying out all bets on bama as champ's

Dec 1, 2018, 6:23 PM

What do you think would happen to Clemson if we lost , , Bye Bye

Dec 1, 2018, 6:24 PM

Yeah you know that's a guarantee that are going to play that card no matter what.

Before this game, they were saying...well as long as they don't get blown out.

Now they've already started the PR Excuse Machine running and as you said they have claimed that what they have done to this point in the season is enough since it's next to impossible to be undefeated at this point anyways.

And what they will run with is the 'Because Tua was hurt..." blame game. Otherwise, if not for that, as we all know this game would go to 100 overtimes when they officially declare it a TIE and make a major announcement that in an unprecedented decision it is become readily apparent they are both EQUALLY dominant and will both be co-ranked #1 and both in the CFBP and the seeds will be 1, 1, 3 and 4.

But what this game has shown is that Bama has been exposed as basically a two man show, Tua and Jeudy and that their defense is nowhere near as good their prior years and just has had the luxury to play fearlessly to this point since nothing they did was ever needed until now.

Dec 1, 2018, 6:29 PM

And also, if they end up losing pretty badly, Lil Nicky will instantly be out their campaigning and making the point loud and clear that Tua will have the time needed to heal and will be at FULL HEALTH by game time if they are given the opportunity to be in a Playoff game.

Then the media will all parrot that and add on the narrative that the only reason they lost 'badly' (if they do) or at all was because of Tua being hurt in the first place so they are clearly one of the 4 best teams with a healthy Tua. ;)

Dec 1, 2018, 6:36 PM

Thats not an excuse, they have a seasoned back up qb whose won a national championship. Right now this is an embarrassment. And bama shouldnt get in. Oklahoma played a tougher schedule than bama. And they wont their conference championship

If they don't look better than they do right now...no way

Dec 1, 2018, 6:29 PM

Bama should get into the top four.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: If they don't look better than they do right now...no way

Dec 1, 2018, 6:31 PM

But they will because they have their excuse card to play now man.

I've already called it. The 'It never would have happen if not for Tua going down and coming back gimpy..." excuse. But oh yes, oh yes, he will be FULLY healed by Playoff time don't ya know. Is what they will say.

Bama loses they are out.

Dec 1, 2018, 6:35 PM

In this scenario they are no doubt ONE of the top SIX teams. You want the best it's called elimination games, which is what Championship week is.Only team that will not be held accountable of course is ND.They will get that 12 Game, Non Champion "Bama Spot" from last year.

Also assuming Ohio St wins their Conference Championship tonight as well.You don't leap frog TWO conference champions just so you can pencil in a One LOSS, NON Conference Champion Alabama!Oklahoma or Ohio St get the final 4th spot.Sorry for those who listen to the talking heads far too much.Last year was because of TWO loss conference champions. The only reason Bama got in.

1 Clemson
2 Georgia
3 ND

4 Oklahoma?BIG12 Champs
4 Ohio St?BIG10 Champs

5 Bama-Thanks for playing.You'll get a nice bowl game not related to the CFP Natty.

Re: Bama loses they are out.

Dec 1, 2018, 6:52 PM

No way Ohio State gets in. Oklahoma's offense is better for the ratings. That is until our D shows up and takes care of business as usual. If Bama loses tonight our path to another Natty gets even easier

Replies: 35
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic