Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ABC did not carry the full story tonight they said the Trump
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 76
| visibility 1

ABC did not carry the full story tonight they said the Trump

Sep 24, 2020, 9:17 PM

administration would not answer the question below. Shameful'

https://twitter.com/i/status/1309183818524434440

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

who actually believes there won't be a peaceful...

Sep 24, 2020, 9:26 PM

transfer of power? People just want to be outraged about something.

If Biden wins, I guarantee you the conservatives will not spend the next 4 years trying to overturn the election results.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: who actually believes there won't be a peaceful...

Sep 24, 2020, 9:29 PM

The problem is when Trump wins and they don’t flip the Senate.
It will be anything but peaceful when they throw their temper tantrums again.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

I've seen videos of plenty of progressives and dem...

Sep 24, 2020, 9:31 PM

politicians calling to fight the results of the 2020 election if it doesn't work in their favor. Media highlights the fact that Trump says he'd have to see the results before conceding and everybody craps their pants.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 24, 2020, 9:33 PM [ in reply to Re: who actually believes there won't be a peaceful... ]

Sep 24, 2020, 9:44 PM [ in reply to who actually believes there won't be a peaceful... ]

The election results will come in slowly, and Trump will declare victory before the truth is even close to being known.

You must realize this is obvious. It will be the latest version of everything he's done so far. From "biggest inauguration crowd" to "total exoneration" to "saved 1.8 million lives from Covid."

On election night he will declare victory, and he'll accuse anyone who says otherwise of trying to rig the election.

Message was edited by: spooneye® because typo

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

based on the route we have chosen...

Sep 24, 2020, 9:51 PM

and some states allowing mail-in ballots to be submitted the day of the election, it might take a week to tally the votes. This will be a contributor to any chaos. But this is the road we've chosen.

When the votes are in and he is behind, he will leave and there will be no rioting by his supporters.

Re: based on the route we have chosen...

Sep 25, 2020, 12:51 AM

he will be on twitter saying it was rigged and not to trust the results.. And when the man says he is going to do something, and I have to give trump credit for this, he does it. Marching your press secretary out to say it for you means nothing. We need to hear it from his own mouth. It is a fair question that deserves an honest response.

Regardless, it was a dumb move on hs part. The Biden campaign has a sound bite, one they do not have to doctor or take out of context, that they can use against him for the rest of the campaign cycle.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I understood exactly what he said the first time he said it

Sep 25, 2020, 1:02 AM

Re: I understood exactly what he said the first time he said it

Sep 25, 2020, 1:16 AM

that is NOT how it works. The american people decide the election, not the unelected judges. We do not live in a Banana Republic.

Re: I understood exactly what he said the first time he said it

Sep 25, 2020, 1:20 AM

yeah, that worked out great

Sep 25, 2020, 1:32 AM

Al Gore conceded, like a gentlemen. that is when the transition of power was initiated. And the SCOTUS ruled against a recount in Florida, they did not decide the election

Re: yeah, that worked out great

Sep 25, 2020, 1:52 AM

Sep 24, 2020, 10:15 PM [ in reply to Re: who actually believes there won't be a peaceful... ]

Weird how all the late ballots fav Dems. I guess they are all out working long hours etc.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^franc, pay attention to this***

Sep 24, 2020, 10:33 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

lol...I'm old enough to remember 2000...

Sep 24, 2020, 10:39 PM

you know I'm not saying there won't be some crazy claims made and fighting going on

I don't believe Trump or his followers will disrupt the peaceful transfer of power if he loses

Disrupt? That’s nothing. There are some well-educated

Sep 24, 2020, 10:44 PM

Board members like Cata who have one of the wagers on their election night parlay card being that he seizes the military and barricades himself in the White House.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Disrupt? That’s nothing. There are some well-educated

Sep 24, 2020, 10:55 PM

Heh, don't think that's quite what I said. But I do believe he won't go quietly, and I think he will explore all options to stay in office despite a loss. That will include looking to the military (but I don't think the higher ups there will comply).

This is man who, in any other weaker nation, would have already set the wheels in motion for a dictatorship and probably would have already started arresting political opponents. He'd thrive in Belarus.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

I ain’t calling total BS, but yer tone-softening....

Sep 24, 2020, 10:59 PM

In the early fascist alert days, you were absolutely convinced he would, with military assistance, refuse to leave the Presidency. It only sticks out for me because it sounded so outlandish to me that I asked you to clarify.

It is good to see our opinions slowly converging towards the reality of the ultimate transfer.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I ain’t calling total BS, but yer tone-softening....

Sep 24, 2020, 11:01 PM

I think I said he would attempt to enlist the military or some type of force to maintain control, or even the fear that there would be enough in the armed forces to obey him. That seems less likely now for them to comply, but I do think he still explores such an option.

He's a nutjob.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

I admit, I thought Cata was crazy in the past...

Sep 24, 2020, 11:02 PM [ in reply to I ain’t calling total BS, but yer tone-softening.... ]

I have grown to see him as pretty reasonable and intelligent

Re: I admit, I thought Cata was crazy in the past...

Sep 24, 2020, 11:06 PM

Thanks bruh! But who says I ain't crazy? I am a smart ####### but I also drink a lot and like a good old fashioned wild conspiracy now and then.

But like the harmless kind of conspiracies. Not the crazy QAnon Deep State stuff.

I think he's intelligent too, and if

Sep 24, 2020, 11:20 PM [ in reply to I admit, I thought Cata was crazy in the past... ]

you don't believe me, just ask him!

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Did we all just become besties?***

Sep 24, 2020, 11:25 PM

Pffft, don't be dumb. Despite my better instincts,

Sep 24, 2020, 11:26 PM

I've liked you for the better part of a decade.

To quote Brokeback Mountain...."Ah wish ah could quit yuuu".

I love all this love

Sep 25, 2020, 12:11 AM

But how much have y’all had to drink?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I love all this love

Sep 25, 2020, 12:17 AM

I'm Southern Baptist

So you won't smile at me in the liquor store?***

Sep 25, 2020, 8:10 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He said he was Southern Baptist

Sep 25, 2020, 10:12 AM

he don't go to the liquor store. He goes to the still

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

I love all this love

Sep 25, 2020, 12:12 AM [ in reply to Pffft, don't be dumb. Despite my better instincts, ]

But how much have y’all had to drink?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Pffft, don't be dumb. Despite my better instincts,

Sep 25, 2020, 7:58 AM [ in reply to Pffft, don't be dumb. Despite my better instincts, ]

Re: lol...I'm old enough to remember 2000...

Sep 24, 2020, 10:53 PM [ in reply to lol...I'm old enough to remember 2000... ]

I think you're underestimating his most rabid supporters. They're not a massive group, but they're enough to cause some problems.

Bruh......

Sep 24, 2020, 10:56 PM

You’re not going to gain a lot of strategic ground trying to conquer the Jersey shore with a fleet of 30 foot sea rays.

Re: Bruh......

Sep 24, 2020, 10:59 PM

Yeah, but them sumbitches could probably take Lake Murray and then we're looking at people launching Yeti coolers at Ft. Sumter.

Yep, it's why she said "free and fair election"

Sep 24, 2020, 10:35 PM [ in reply to Re: who actually believes there won't be a peaceful... ]

Laying the groundwork to claim neither is the case

good luck with your fretting***

Sep 24, 2020, 10:41 PM

I don't appear to be the only one.***

Sep 24, 2020, 10:57 PM

it was a general "your"

Sep 24, 2020, 11:00 PM

I agree

ah, fair enough.

Sep 24, 2020, 11:07 PM

Good luck with your fretting too.

the older I (specific) get...

Sep 24, 2020, 11:10 PM

the less fretting I (specific) do.

I admit to being much more alarmist 5-10 years ago.

If Biden wins, it won't be the end of my world.

Usually it's (general) the opposite.

Sep 24, 2020, 11:17 PM

Glad that's not the case for you (specific).

nah, I gotta agree with franc....I'm way chiller too.

Sep 24, 2020, 11:23 PM

The difference is when you're 23 you're still under the assumption that your thoughts, feelings, and actions will somehow move the needle with those who "lead" us.

Once you've taken your soma, put on your headphones, and closed your eyes to "welcome to the machine", the sweet relief that can only come from indifference sets in.

in fairness...

Sep 24, 2020, 11:26 PM

we may change in 10 years...I know a lot of "get off my lawn" types. But heck, I think we got some of those that are in their 20s and 30s on this board.

But my dad, even in his 90s was pretty chill about what was going on in the world.

I hope to be like him.

and I just remembered...

Sep 24, 2020, 11:29 PM

I spent a good bit of my day today trying to chill my 22 yo son down today about politics. He's dating a Bernie supporter and trying to shove Ben Shapiro down her throat.

Message was edited by: franc1968®

and I know I teed that one up

Exactly....remember how much of a difference we thought

Sep 24, 2020, 11:30 PM

our opinions made at 22, and that was with NOT having multiple mediums to post twice an hour about how you're "comin into Monday like...." or what your quinoa was seasoned with.

Re: and I just remembered...

Sep 24, 2020, 11:36 PM [ in reply to and I just remembered... ]

franc, GITT.....

Sep 24, 2020, 11:39 PM

Sounds like the man is trying to get his daughter hitched....could be a win-win for you. I would start up front by asking what type of dowry he has in mind so no one's time is wasted.

I will admit...

Sep 24, 2020, 11:49 PM

my oldest son may be difficult. He is a hothead like his namesake, my FIL. He will need a special lady.

Now my 18 yo is more reasonable and calm like me - lol.

To answer T3, the girl is actually really sweet. She's actually good for my son. She likes my wife and I. I actually think she's going to ride the Trump train as I don't think she believes Biden is a particularly good candidate.

she's acatually a pretty good girl...

Sep 24, 2020, 11:56 PM [ in reply to Re: and I just remembered... ]

this will ruffle some feathers, but her thinking has been greatly influenced by what she learned in school.

As I said below, she doesn't think Biden is a particularly good candidate. I think she is leaning Trump. I'm just trying to get my son to shut up and not be obnoxious.

That's exactly what 23 year olds are known to do

Sep 24, 2020, 11:40 PM [ in reply to nah, I gotta agree with franc....I'm way chiller too. ]

which is why they don't vote. But I get your point.

I actually have 5 in my house that will be voting...

Sep 24, 2020, 11:53 PM

including my wife and 3 kids. All are voting for Trump by their own determination.

When it comes to politics I actually play devil's advocate with the way they think. I want to know why they think the way they do.

I have probably argued the most with my oldest son because he is what many progressives would identify as what they think is a typical Trump supporter. I know he'll mature, but he has some very headstrong notions right now that I sure as heck didn't teach him.

Re: I actually have 5 in my house that will be voting...

Sep 25, 2020, 12:06 AM

Uhh, the media started that messaging long before Trump.

Sep 24, 2020, 10:41 PM [ in reply to Re: who actually believes there won't be a peaceful... ]

With stories waxing eloquent about how the “real” results could look quite different from election night, the narrative is already in the works for Dems....”don’t sweat it if election night is ugly.....”

There’s not a candidate alive who wouldn’t hold a giant Nixon double victory in the air if they were smoking the other candidate when the polls closed and initial votes were counted.

Re: Uhh, the media started that messaging long before Trump.

Sep 24, 2020, 10:52 PM

There’s not a candidate alive who wouldn’t hold a giant Nixon double victory in the air if they were smoking the other candidate when the polls closed and initial votes were counted.

In any election before, yes, but this one is going to be a bit different with the mail-ins.

I personally don't think the mail-ins will matter that much. I think he's clearly defeated that night.

I got no clue...I think it’s going to be massively ponderous

Sep 24, 2020, 10:55 PM

And make Bush/Gore look like a PTO election. We are going to be so sick of election challenges that it’s not funny before we know who it is, either direction.

Re: I got no clue...I think it’s going to be massively ponderous

Sep 24, 2020, 10:58 PM

I'm getting more optimistic it won't be a Bush/Gore scenario as I don't think it gets so close that it comes down to one state. Mail-ins will be story but I'm not sure they matter that much. But that's just my prediction with no real evidence to support my claim.

Like people call wild upsets on the Mange and then pretend they knew all along when it happens.

if the polls are correct...

Sep 24, 2020, 11:05 PM

and I'm not saying they aren't, it should be decided election night.

His former attorney in Feb 2019

Sep 25, 2020, 1:09 AM [ in reply to Re: who actually believes there won't be a peaceful... ]

Laid it out there as well

https://youtu.be/bRBmVoMF-VI?t=33s

Re: His former attorney in Feb 2019

Sep 25, 2020, 8:07 AM

Those two have an agenda? You need to stop watching CNN.

His former attorney in Feb 2019

Sep 25, 2020, 1:09 AM [ in reply to Re: who actually believes there won't be a peaceful... ]

Laid it out there as well

https://youtu.be/bRBmVoMF-VI?t=33s

It's justifiable.

Sep 24, 2020, 10:50 PM [ in reply to who actually believes there won't be a peaceful... ]

I believe there will be a transition; however, an incumbent president who refuses to acknowledge there will be a peaceful transfer if he loses and suggests that it won't happen, well, that's unprecedented. It's also inexcusable in our country. The public is justifiably upset.

They are the words of a wannabe dictator. Literally, that's the #### authoritarians say in third world countries. Americans justifiably are angry at it and every American should be angry at it. This is 100 percent on Trump and no one else.

The easy and the ONLY appropriate answer is, "Yes, there will be a peaceful transition."

Sep 25, 2020, 12:54 AM [ in reply to who actually believes there won't be a peaceful... ]

The Dems didn't try and overturn the results. Secondly, the Repubs will spend the next 4 years questioning the results with nutty conspiracy theorie.

Amazing how resistant she is to answering the question.***

Sep 24, 2020, 9:40 PM

- Jonathan Swift

Re: Amazing how resistant she is to answering the question.***

Sep 24, 2020, 9:47 PM

It amazing he asked her the question. He should have been asking the other side. They will not accept the results. She smoked him tho you have to admit.

Sep 24, 2020, 10:04 PM [ in reply to Amazing how resistant she is to answering the question.*** ]

She did eventually give an answer. It may not be the answer that was sought after, but she eventually said, "The president will accept the results of a free and fair election."

I think she is masterful dealing with having the same questions over and over. Dumb questions deserve such obtuse answers.

Sep 24, 2020, 10:35 PM

Every major newspaper and media outlet in the world - including Fox - is carrying Trump's answer as a lead.

We are not the ones being obtuse here. Trump as good as admitted he intends to challenge the election.

Both sides have clearly laid the groundwork for that

Sep 24, 2020, 10:39 PM

so when this doesn't happen...

Sep 24, 2020, 10:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Amazing how resistant she is to answering the question.*** ]

will you guys admit to being on emotional overload?

What is going to happen here? Is this when he brings in the Russians and overthrows the government?

I almost wish Biden wins so you guys won't have to be so upset over everything. It's obviously traumatic.

That’s just it....no one ever fesses up....it’s a quick

Sep 24, 2020, 10:49 PM

“My bad, but aren’t you glad it didn’t happen” type halfassed admission.

Trump putting gays in camps
Trump getting us into WW3
Trump letting Russia control the USA
Trump destroying the economy

All of them....all....were well voiced predictions from the left and never-Trumpers, but there’s not an ounce of humble pie to be eaten when their FOS hyperbole levels are exposed. They just move on to the next dastardly deed that they just know Trump is pulling. They’re 110% fueled by emotion, which doesn’t jive with logic.

it's the same old BS we've heard for 4 years...

Sep 24, 2020, 10:51 PM

Every reason to have our hair on fire 24/7. Seriously, I don't think I can take another 4 years of this.

Like you, half of me worries they’re going to blow a fuse,

Sep 24, 2020, 10:52 PM

And the other half worries that people like you and me getting tired of their strife is the plan all along.

Nailed it with the last part***

Sep 24, 2020, 10:56 PM

Neither in my case. I'm just pessimistic after 4 years.***

Sep 24, 2020, 11:04 PM [ in reply to Like you, half of me worries they’re going to blow a fuse, ]

- Jonathan Swift

Re: That’s just it....no one ever fesses up....it’s a quick

Sep 24, 2020, 10:54 PM [ in reply to That’s just it....no one ever fesses up....it’s a quick ]

He has gotten us in so many wars so far. That's a good one.

Re: That’s just it....no one ever fesses up....it’s a quick

Sep 24, 2020, 11:05 PM

Honestly that's my favorite thing about Trump, and I've said as much before.

- Jonathan Swift

MSM should be shut down

Sep 25, 2020, 6:19 AM

As a propaganda machine.

The situation we are watching and allowing to happen is against all principles on which the country was founded.

Not a Bill of Rights fan, huh?

Sep 25, 2020, 7:59 AM

That's okay. That's on-brand for a Trump supporter.

Replies: 76
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic