Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
East end zone proposal
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

East end zone proposal

Oct 11, 2019, 7:09 AM

Why not just extend the upper decks all the way around to meet a larger video board ( the Same width of the newly proposed but taller) that is the same height as the top of the upper deck? You add way more seats, you don’t disturb the hill, you have a fully enclosed stadium and you have probably the biggest video board in the country.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: East end zone proposal

Oct 11, 2019, 7:19 AM

They're probably not wanting to bowl-in the East Endzone. The view from the stadium to campus is pretty unique, and Clemson fans would raise a stink.

My guess is if/when they decide to add more box seats they'll do it in the West Endzone to avoid bowling in the East Endzone (even if it means tearing down the West Endzone and starting over).

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 11, 2019, 7:20 AM

Why not just extend the upper decks all the way around to meet a larger video board ( the Same width of the newly proposed but taller) that is the same height as the top of the upper deck? You add way more seats, you don’t disturb the hill, you have a fully enclosed stadium and you have probably the biggest video board in the country.

We cannot fill the seats with the current upper decks, Why would we add more upper deck seating?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Men at 25 play football. Men at 40 play tennis. Men at 60 play golf. Have you noticed as men get older their balls get smaller.

Oct 11, 2019, 7:48 AM

The reason you can’t fill the seats in the current upper decks is because from that view, you’d think that the seats would be $10 at face value for any game ( with a set of courtesy binoculars). Yet most of those tickets you see range from about $35 on up depending on the opponent. If the upper decks won’t be extended around the hill, I’m okay with adding a few more seats and then having a curved type video board span around the entire east end zone.

Oct 11, 2019, 7:52 AM

The reason you can’t fill the seats in the current upper decks is because from that view, you’d think that the seats would be $10 at face value for any game ( with a set of courtesy binoculars). Yet most of those tickets you see range from about $35 on up depending on the opponent. If the upper decks won’t be extended around the hill, I’m okay with adding a few more seats and then having a curved type video board span around the entire east end zone.

I agree with you on the ticket prices for the upper decks, but that is an entirely different conversation. The prices for the upper decks should be much less than lower decks making it easier to sell out every game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Men at 25 play football. Men at 40 play tennis. Men at 60 play golf. Have you noticed as men get older their balls get smaller.

Oct 11, 2019, 8:26 AM

You guys sound like a bunch of broke arshes trying to make big time decisions. It isn’t a money thing at all. No one wants t sit in the upper deck for a host of reasons. Waiting list to get in the club seating and lower deck and people offering 100k donations. They will do a “Hill Club”, no upper seating to block the view too bad ?? and the list will be a mile long to get in. And the upper decks will still be half empty at any price.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 11, 2019, 8:33 AM

It is about the money though too, Inlet. Families can't afford to buy 4 upper deck tickets at $125 a piece. Reality is the average fan cant afford the high prices for parking, food and tickets. I am sure there are plenty that will pay, but you're right, why pay to sit in an upper deck with no amenities and you have a stroke before climbing to your seat.

Oct 11, 2019, 10:06 AM [ in reply to Re: East end zone proposal ]

You guys sound like a bunch of broke arshes trying to make big time decisions. It isn’t a money thing at all. No one wants t sit in the upper deck for a host of reasons. Waiting list to get in the club seating and lower deck and people offering 100k donations. They will do a “Hill Club”, no upper seating to block the view too bad ?? and the list will be a mile long to get in. And the upper decks will still be half empty at any price.

It’s all about the money. When it comes to financial choices, there’s just no value there. For the most part the only people who choose those seats are average to low income families. Those same families have other priorities than to spend $200 for tickets, $80 for concession and another $25 for gas/ travel. It would be cheaper to them to just stay at home. I would basically refuse those seats even if they offered me a lifetime price at $50/ ticket.

Message was edited by: Touch_The_Rock79

Oct 11, 2019, 11:25 AM

"It would be cheaper to them to just stay at home" lol.

I guess we should pay people to sit in the upper deck so that it's cheaper for families to come to the game than to stay at home.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 11, 2019, 12:34 PM

CU13® said:

"It would be cheaper to them to just stay at home" lol.

I guess we should pay people to sit in the upper deck so that it's cheaper for families to come to the game than to stay at home.

Lol, Let me rephrase. It would be cheaper for everyone to stay at home, but the people who pay for the seats up there with the pigeons would get a better value to stay at home.

All tickets in memorial stadium have the same face value

Oct 11, 2019, 9:40 AM [ in reply to Re: East end zone proposal ]

Where ste you getting this $35 ?

I haven't seen a face value that low in forever.

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: All tickets in memorial stadium have the same face value

Oct 11, 2019, 9:57 AM

For the division 2 schools I’ve seen them sell for around $38 dollars. There’s no way in hades I’d pay that much for that view! I’d rather have a 50 yard line view from the recliner with all food and beverages inclusive.

Oct 11, 2019, 7:35 AM

1) That would likely mean either taking out Williamson Road next to the stadium or rerouting it through the Scroll of Honor, neither of which is a good option.
2) The top decks aren't mirror images of each other; their tops and bottoms are at significantly different elevations, so they can't be bowled-in and look right.

Oct 11, 2019, 8:19 AM

If they ever did close in the east end zone, think how loud it would be! they'd have to give out ear plugs at the gate.

Because we aren’t consistently filling up the seats we have.***

Oct 11, 2019, 8:29 AM

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

aside from not filling what we have in the upper deck.......

Oct 11, 2019, 9:01 AM

and I might be wrong, but the upper decks were built at very different times and different "ways"............are the elevations and/or slopes even the same? I've always been under the impression that they were slightly different which would cause issues and/or costly hurdles to connect the two.

Re: aside from not filling what we have in the upper deck.......

Oct 11, 2019, 9:26 AM

pheebo said:

and I might be wrong, but the upper decks were built at very different times and different "ways"............are the elevations and/or slopes even the same? I've always been under the impression that they were slightly different which would cause issues and/or costly hurdles to connect the two.

they are at different slopes and elevations. You are correct sir.

Precisely! The difference is obvious at the games especially

Oct 11, 2019, 9:44 AM

from the right view and if you look closely it's obvious in most profile photos of Death Valley.. the REAL Death Valley!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: aside from not filling what we have in the upper deck.......

Oct 11, 2019, 1:51 PM [ in reply to aside from not filling what we have in the upper deck....... ]

I was graduating from CU in Civil Engineering when the TDN was being built. We discussed in class that there was no way the two top decks could be connected because there are many differences in size and slope. In fact, the TDS seats about 10,000 and the TDN seats about 16,000. You'd never know it to look at it. Most people think they are the same. Sit on one side and then the other and you will notice the difference. TDS is much more fan friendly with leg room. Anyway, the top decks will never be "bowled in."

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic