Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Clemson players welcome D.J. Reader back into the fold
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 50
| visibility 1

New Story: Clemson players welcome D.J. Reader back into the fold

Oct 19, 2015, 4:01 PM

Clemson players welcome D.J. Reader back into the fold

Senior defensive tackle D.J. Reader was back in the WestZone Monday morning, and Clemson’s players were happy to have their teammate back in the fold. What do they say about having Reader back with the team?
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Clemson players welcome D.J. Reader back into the fold

Oct 19, 2015, 4:22 PM

Glad to have you back!!

Oct 19, 2015, 4:29 PM

Hey, off topic, but there isn't a story on this yet. I fear our recruiting dominance in the state may be in danger. Word is the coots are going after Kirby Smart, and lots of experts say he's the best D coordinator, after Brent V of course, in the country; one of the best recruiters too. If they get him, all he has to do is walk into recruits' homes (especially defensive players), flash his jewelry, and hand them a NLOI. As much as we all love Dabo and Brent V, the fact is they don't have the rings Kirby Smart does. Bama was able to get the offensive players they've had because of Smart and what his defenses have been doing. Heaven forbid the coots get him.

Oct 19, 2015, 4:30 PM

Take. A. Hike.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 19, 2015, 4:35 PM

Great story. Did you think of that all by yourself?

I wouldn't know but I certainly agree with him.***

Oct 19, 2015, 5:07 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I wouldn't know but I certainly agree with him.***

Oct 19, 2015, 5:38 PM

Well then I guess it's a really good thing no one asked you now isn't it. I'm simply trying to talk about a possible reality, rather than bury my head in the sand, as some of you obviously prefer to do.

Re: I wouldn't know but I certainly agree with him.***

Oct 19, 2015, 6:01 PM

Your head is certainly buried in a dark spot Horny.

you mean you guys aren't getting Bill Belichick? weird.

Oct 19, 2015, 6:12 PM [ in reply to Re: I wouldn't know but I certainly agree with him.*** ]

USuCk is such a prime coaching job.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Shaking in my boots. Kirby Smart, my butt. he is just

Oct 19, 2015, 7:26 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Clemson players welcome D.J. Reader back into the fold ]

waiting for UGA to lose again. i doubt that they would take him

You make a good point, but I think DJ will get in next week

Oct 19, 2015, 4:33 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Clemson players welcome D.J. Reader back into the fold ]

After the game is in hand. He'll need that game time to get back into rythm. Not the same as practice

Oct 19, 2015, 4:39 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Clemson players welcome D.J. Reader back into the fold ]

My only regret is I have only one TD to give

Me too.***

Oct 19, 2015, 5:00 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Me three...***

Oct 19, 2015, 5:08 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cool story from the coot!

Oct 19, 2015, 5:19 PM [ in reply to Me too.*** ]

If the NCAA will allow USUCK to recruit 85 players for 2016 based off of being bastardized by their daddy, no not Clemson your daddy, but by the 85 ft. Giant that left the sinking ship and showed up at Gameday like nothing had just happened. He left and said it was best for the program attempting to make him look like a saint. Let me put you on notice my cootling friend. He did what was best for him. He always has and always will. He didn't want to tote the rest of the losses on his resume that he would have had he stayed.

Go ahead and get Kirby. Just remember that even after back to back HOF coaches and 2 probations including the one in which the Whitney left the light on for athletes for around $18 a night, the best you guys guys was a beating behind the woodshed from Auburn in the SECCG. I can see all of you little coots sitting front of your tv with aspirations of bigger things, while visions of championships danced in their head, not knowing that the team you guys haven't beaten since the 1920s was about to beat you 56-17. Don't think for a minute that Captain Visor cares about you guys. He is gone, done, finished. Lol. After 120 years the best thing you can brag about would be 5 games straight over a team you swear sucks and gets to play high school teams all year. We'll this year in Columbia that statement will be closer to the truth than ever. Last thing I will say. Tonight, look in the mirror and reminisce. Think about the sad fact that a Clemson loss would make you happier than a SC win. Also think how good you guys would be if you were just half as good as you and the rest of the fans believe.

In closing, have you guys made plans for post game celebrations after your win against Citadel? If you do win you guys should all follow the lead of Coach Shawn and run around while swinging visors in the air while Sandstorm is blasting in the background. It would be epic.

Re: Cool story from the coot!

Oct 19, 2015, 6:58 PM

> In closing, have you guys made plans for post game
> celebrations after your win against Citadel? If you
> do win you guys should all follow the lead of Coach
> Shawn and run around while swinging visors in the air
> while Sandstorm is blasting in the background. It
> would be epic.

Just this was all the response merited. POTD!

Oct 19, 2015, 7:10 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Clemson players welcome D.J. Reader back into the fold ]

Yep!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When was it changed to that?

Oct 19, 2015, 10:35 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Clemson players welcome D.J. Reader back into the fold ]

I just noticed on this post, as well.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 19, 2015, 4:42 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Clemson players welcome D.J. Reader back into the fold ]

"all Kirby smart has to do is flash his jewelry..."

Spurrier had that jewelry
Holtz had that jewelry...

Heck, Brad Scott had that jewelry...

Can't say I'm worried about any jewelry.

Re: as old Mel Tillis would say. SC ain't no California

Oct 19, 2015, 7:35 PM

where the water flows like wine and it ain't no Big Rock Candy Mountain where you are happy all
the time.

It's different recruiting FOR Saban/Bama than

Oct 19, 2015, 4:46 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Clemson players welcome D.J. Reader back into the fold ]

it is for USuC.I hope they hire him, USuC has had their best recruiting ever, recruiting off of Slurrier's NAME not their OWN.

Coot logic

Oct 19, 2015, 4:47 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Clemson players welcome D.J. Reader back into the fold ]

"Look at how great this stuff is that I got somewhere else. We're great by association"

Clemson

Oct 19, 2015, 4:59 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Clemson players welcome D.J. Reader back into the fold ]

Yes you are "OFF TOPIC"!

Who gives a FAT FLYING F$&@ about your COOTS!!

This topic is about DJ Re-joining the team!! Not about the Coots potential recruiting, new coach or otherwise Coot crap!!

Go Tigers!!!

Good Coordinators don't always make good head coaches....

Oct 19, 2015, 5:00 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Clemson players welcome D.J. Reader back into the fold ]

and guys like Will Muschamp and Lane Kiffin are prime examples (among others). It is also no foregone conclusion that Kirby Smart would be willing to leave Alabama for $CU particularly if he has other, better, opportunities available. Even if they do end-up hiring him, which is not that big of a concern IMO, he'll soon find out that there is a BIG difference in recruiting for Saban at Alabama compared ot recruiting for $CU.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Oct 19, 2015, 5:13 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Clemson players welcome D.J. Reader back into the fold ]

Kirby Smart isn't going to Usuck anymore than you're going to pass your GED.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You know who had rings?

Oct 19, 2015, 5:50 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Clemson players welcome D.J. Reader back into the fold ]

Steve.

How'd that work out for him in the long run?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 19, 2015, 6:48 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Clemson players welcome D.J. Reader back into the fold ]

Roll on out of here, coot.

not as good as kiffen or brad scott or mushmouth...but close

Oct 19, 2015, 6:51 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Clemson players welcome D.J. Reader back into the fold ]

Oct 19, 2015, 7:00 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Clemson players welcome D.J. Reader back into the fold ]

>all
> he has to do is walk into recruits' homes (especially
> defensive players), flash his jewelry,

Jewelry is important to your kind. Who was that coot hero who shot himself in the hand over "jewelry"?

Re: Why worry about Kirby Smart?

Oct 19, 2015, 7:37 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Clemson players welcome D.J. Reader back into the fold ]

The coots turned two legendary coaches into losers, I am sure they can do the same for Kirby Smart.

Oct 19, 2015, 8:04 PM

Smart not going to that dumpster fire. He's patiently waiting on Saban to retire.

Oct 19, 2015, 9:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Why worry about Kirby Smart? ]

> The coots turned two legendary coaches into losers, I
> am sure they can do the same for Kirby Smart.

They've turned three legendary coaches into losers. You're forgetting about PEPSODENT Paul Dietzel.

Haha, oh no! We are skeered, please lawd help us

Oct 19, 2015, 7:42 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Clemson players welcome D.J. Reader back into the fold ]

Yeah whiskey tango foxtrot, id-10-t.

Dear Oliverhornsby

Oct 19, 2015, 8:29 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Clemson players welcome D.J. Reader back into the fold ]

What the blank dude? Do you call 911 when a toilet backs up? Calm down, jeez. Full panic for no reason. Even if Saban hours to the ususck it won't matter big picture it's where coaches go to die, the ole ball sack just lasted longer than expected.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever coot.***

Oct 19, 2015, 8:33 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Clemson players welcome D.J. Reader back into the fold ]

Oct 19, 2015, 8:36 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Clemson players welcome D.J. Reader back into the fold ]

I smell chicken ####!!!!

If Kirby Smart went for the Capon coaching job ....

Oct 19, 2015, 8:39 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Clemson players welcome D.J. Reader back into the fold ]

...he'd have to change his last name.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 19, 2015, 8:58 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Clemson players welcome D.J. Reader back into the fold ]

Your comment is the dumbest of the day Oliver. You are an idiot!

Disagree completely.

Oct 19, 2015, 9:41 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Clemson players welcome D.J. Reader back into the fold ]

recruiting is done years before the actual signing day. Johnny come latelies have their work cut out for them and their hire will only affect how long it takes them to reestablish their recruiting. We were doing just fine lately against the obs. This hire will impact us in the long term. We're fine.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 20, 2015, 6:41 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Clemson players welcome D.J. Reader back into the fold ]

Bama has who they have bc they have as much or more tradition as any FB school in the country. Bama was winning championships long before Kirby Smart was Born. Steve Spurrier is a legend, 10 years with usuc and no championships. Like was stated at the end of link, choose wrong and you may never get another chance. Who would agree that Spurrier left usuc as good or better than Holtz left it for Spurrier. Not me, Holtz did leave some good talent at usuc when he stepped down and Spurrier stepped in. Kirby would be stepping into a program that was left in shambles. I would have to see Kirby Smart standing in cootlumbia with a coot jacket and hat on talking about his plans at USUC before I would believe they had a chance of making Smart dump in cootlumbia!!!

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2015/07/does_alabama_defensive_coordin.html

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 19, 2015, 4:33 PM

Welcome back, DJ!!!! We missed you.

Re:CU players welcome D.J.Reader back into the fold-origami?

Oct 19, 2015, 5:11 PM

nm

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is best case scenario for our D

Oct 19, 2015, 5:14 PM

This is great news! I feared the only reason he would not come back to the team is his fear/pride/shame(not sure the word) since the team is off to a great start without him.

The one criticism of the D has been they are strong 1 deep which can show in the 4th QTR. Having an extra nfl body and experience to make the DT's a strong 2 deep will help stop the run should a team try and milk the clock or pressure the QB to make a throw which will in turn make the rest of the D better.

In a way this is better than if DJ had played the first half because it allowed Pagano and Wilkins to get experience and confidence.

Now if we could just convince the LB who quit football to come back (can't even remember his name).

Oct 19, 2015, 5:52 PM

We all have our reasons for stepping away and looking at things. The key is now he knows why and has made a decision. Stand firm, finish strong and have no regrets. We wish him the as we do with all of our Clemson family!

Welcome back DJ Reader, you can help us! Go Tigers!***

Oct 19, 2015, 6:04 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 19, 2015, 6:04 PM

Wish he could redshirt and come back for a full season.

Welcome back DJ !

Oct 19, 2015, 6:17 PM

Kirby smart?...HA HA HA HA!!!! If he took the job he would have to change his name to " not to smart" no one wants to go to that coach grave yard you call the gamecocks! And if they do they did zero research. Can't wait to watch my tigers destroy what's left of that misguided notion that you were very gonna be relevant. So close! ,yet so far.

Go DJ! I hope he finishes strong and makes the NFL.***

Oct 19, 2015, 8:08 PM

Re: Go DJ! I hope he finishes strong and makes the NFL.***

Oct 19, 2015, 11:10 PM

Me too!

Oct 19, 2015, 9:20 PM

Glad to have you back Big Man!!!

Now go let 'em have it and show them how to get it done. Stay strong.

Re: New Story: Clemson players welcome D.J. Reader - AWESOME

Oct 20, 2015, 3:29 AM

Welcome BACK!
Hope your SENIOR season finishes CLEMSON STRONG!
GO TIGERS!!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 50
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic