Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
article in Washigton Post
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

article in Washigton Post

Dec 23, 2015, 7:24 AM

Seems like "sour grapes" as Maryland, UVA and VaTech are all down. And of course, they have no idea about Clemson football graduation rates nor the quality of Clemson students across the board.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/colleges/for-college-athletic-departments-building-the-best-is-never-ending-task/2015/12/21/e8384dd4-a558-11e5-9c4e-be37f66848bb_story.html

Despite the article's slight, a TON of kids from NoVa/MD are applying to attend Clemson. And they love it!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: article in Washington Post

Dec 23, 2015, 7:27 AM

Washington Post - sorry for the original typo - (I don't have edit capability)

Re: article in Washigton Post

Dec 23, 2015, 9:25 AM

I live in northern va and starting to see more Clemson folks.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 23, 2015, 11:28 AM

ditto

This is not a Clemson issue, and I'll be darned if

Dec 23, 2015, 9:49 AM

a guy that worked for Maryland has room to get on his high horse. Maryland flipped the proverbial middle finger to is students, fans and a hundred years of tradition for a quick payout. They are the epitome of money-grabbers.

Having said that, I hate this arms race stuff. There is too much money in college athletics. And then too many people with too much money involved have too much say in what happens (wealthy donors, ESPN, sponsors, Nike, Under Armor, etc). It should have never gotten to this. It is horribly corrupting to the spirit of college athletics and creates a disconnect between fans and programs. I've stopped donating to IPTAY because I need that money a lot more than the athletic department needs a 9-hole miniature golf course exclusively for 100 students on campus.

null

IPTAY has really suffered not having your TAY.***

Dec 23, 2015, 10:54 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not sure if you're mocking me or helping me make

Dec 23, 2015, 10:58 AM

my point.

null

He's so green with envy that his emotions have superceeded

Dec 23, 2015, 10:51 AM

his reason. Our facility is about keeping our kids out of trouble by providing a venue for good clean recreation. What are we supposed to do with our underage players, let them hang out at TT?

It's not as if tax money is involved. Well, unless you're counting all the tax dollars generated when Clemson has top quality on the field.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ThanX for all the free publicity Washington Post.***

Dec 23, 2015, 11:07 AM

Jelly...***

Dec 23, 2015, 11:21 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Would rather our guys spend their time at the..............

Dec 23, 2015, 11:29 AM

"player's village" than hanging out around some place like "five-points".

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 23, 2015, 11:55 AM

It appears most of these people including the author at the Post don't research their articles or as most liberal rags just throw misinformation out there to see who bites. Wonder if this is sour grapes still from Maryland. They certainly aren't doing without funds with their UA booster. Alumni, IPTAY, philanthropist, corporate sponsors, etc all donate to Clemson athletics. Not to mention Clemson football itself has paid for many projects and buildings on campus over the years with no cost to non athletic students or tax payers.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic