Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Clemson vs. Notre Dame rematch in CFB Playoff?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

FB Update: Clemson vs. Notre Dame rematch in CFB Playoff?

Nov 9, 2015, 8:30 AM

Clemson vs. Notre Dame rematch in CFB Playoff?

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Clemson vs. Notre Dame rematch in CFB Playoff?

Nov 9, 2015, 8:38 AM

That would be something if we played Notre Dame again. Also, Alabama could seek revenge against their loss to OSU last year as well. I don't know if OSU will make the playoffs though. They have easy games until the last two and would not be surprised if they lose at least one of them. We just have to stay focused for the remainder of the season. Also, if UNC ends up being the Coastal Division champ, we will be up against another top 25 team which will help our strength of schedule out more for those bitching and whining in other conferences.

ess-plain

Nov 9, 2015, 1:22 PM

Dear Lucy - Why should I want a ND rematch? Many Tigers want that, but I don't get it.
Like most of us, I think we win again. I think it would be a beat down, in fact; but rematches in a 4 game playoff system seems silly to me. Bye ND, I say, and a Good Day to you, sirs.
I'm just an ol' bandleader from Cuba, will somebody please esss-plain why the soccer ball is shaped so funny and how a rematch is good for us or CFB?

PS - Consider river-dancing leprechauns after an unlikely win - 1-1 head-to-head but national champs. No no no no.

Cricket Chirp Temperature Formula:
Number of Chirps per 14 seconds + 40 = Approximate Temperature

I'm taking this to the board, danggit***

Nov 9, 2015, 1:29 PM

Nov 9, 2015, 8:43 AM

The CFB gods will not allow us to beat the mighty ND twice in one season. So, I hope this doesn't happen. I can just hear Bryan Kelly and all of the eSECpn talking heads excitedly reporting how Notre Dame showed it was better than Clemson with a win in a rematch. Proving to the entire world, we didn't belong in the playoffs. Why put our team through that no win situation?

i am 100% certain we would beat ND in a rematch

Nov 9, 2015, 9:04 AM

As long as Mac Alexander is not injured or suspended for some reason, if we take away Will Fuller they have absolutely no way to win, Guller is their secret weapon. We already showed that Procise(? Spelling) cant run on Clemsons D & that Kearse & Tankersly will shutdown Chris Brown so they really have no chance winning.

Nov 9, 2015, 12:59 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Clemson vs. Notre Dame rematch in CFB Playoff? ]

The rain affected Clemson's game just as much as it did ND's game. I say rematch, we beat them worse than before!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not playing a championship game hurts the Big 12 but not ND?***

Nov 9, 2015, 8:46 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

apparently, losing doesn't hurt ND either.

Nov 9, 2015, 8:48 AM

#monsoon

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: apparently, losing doesn't hurt ND either.

Nov 9, 2015, 9:05 AM

Not to the #1 team in the country by only 2 points for sure.

Re: apparently, losing doesn't hurt ND either.

Nov 9, 2015, 9:27 AM [ in reply to apparently, losing doesn't hurt ND either. ]

The Notre Dame victory was the #1 reason Clemson gained serious national respect this season. That game produced a solid statement against a legitimate top-10 program. As ND continues to win, they help themselves and the Tigers, just as FSU should help by defeating the Gators, and GT would help by beating UGA. Clemson earned tons of respect by being the only team to take care of business against ND. The Irish lost by 2 points on the road vs. the #1-ranked team in the NCAA.

Re: Not playing a championship game hurts the Big 12 but not ND?***

Nov 9, 2015, 9:07 AM [ in reply to Not playing a championship game hurts the Big 12 but not ND?*** ]

Its a popularity contest obviously

Not gonna happen.

Nov 9, 2015, 9:08 AM

ND can knock the PAC out of the PO but they can't make the cut without a CCG. If they beat Standford which I doubt, the top Big 12 team gets in.

It's probably OSU, OKS, SEC and us.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think ND can get in if things play out right in the Big 12

Nov 9, 2015, 9:13 AM

but it would almost certainly be as the #4 seed, and I'm not confident we will hold onto the #1 spot with upcoming games against Cuse, Wake, and SCar. Ohio St will probably jump us if they beat MSU, Michigan, and Iowa. Bama will probably jump us by beating Miss St, Auburn, and Florida even though none of those teams are really good IMO. I think we would end up in the 2/3 game against Bama or Ohio St if ND does get in.

So maybe a rematch in the national title game, but not before.

Stanford will beat ND***

Nov 9, 2015, 11:52 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO STANFORD !!!!!!!! Re-matches are boring!

Nov 9, 2015, 1:03 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: GO STANFORD !!!!!!!! Re-matches are boring!

Nov 9, 2015, 1:23 PM

I agree

Who does ND think they are? An SEC team?

Nov 9, 2015, 1:34 PM

Only an SEC team can have a loss considered a win.

I would love for ND to miss for the simple act of they are or not in a conference.

Have them miss it a few times and e might start to consider the whole conference thing!

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic