Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
It must be brutal being a South Carolina fan...
Other Sports Boards - Rivalries
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next
Replies: 46
| visibility 1

It must be brutal being a South Carolina fan...

Mar 21, 2014, 10:19 AM

You win 5 in a row in the series and the coach as well as the fans still can't get over their obsession with Clemson.

They just can't help it. I guess it's just a century of mediocrity that they can't shake.

Spurrier is the one that really is surprising to me. I mean this guy has 30 years of coaching experience. He's been a part of tons of rivalries. But even he, at the height of his program's success (this year after they won their bowl game), he just couldn't help himself. He couldn't talk about his team and all they accomplished. The first think he talked about was Clemson.

Here's my theory, and you are free to poke holes in it if you like (especially you South Carolina trolls that are doing nothing but revealing your obsession with Clemson when you come on this site):

I think deep down South Carolina fans (and Spurrier for that matter) know that there's no way a 5 game win streak against Clemson makes up for over a century of mediocrity. But, at the same time, it's really all they have. I mean, think about it. What else would they have to brag about minus that streak? There are no significant trophies of any kind. I mean, sure, they won a couple Capital One Bowls. Awesome. We've got cases and cases of conference championships, major bowl trophies, and, oh yeah, we also have the big one. We would never brag about a win streak against them because, frankly, we wouldn't need to.

Which brings me back to my original point. It must just eat at them something crazy. All they want to talk about is the 5 game streak. And, hey, more power to them, that's all they have. But in reality it's just a microcosm of their program as a whole.

A 5 game win streak.

That's the most significant accomplishment of South Carolina football since 1892.

Think about that for a moment.

I'm sure they do.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

I think there are more deserving subjects of psychoanalysis.***

Mar 21, 2014, 10:20 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

anything that moves us passed the dooshbaggedness

Mar 21, 2014, 10:31 AM

of concealed carry in a hippie bar.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is sad rationalization.***

Mar 21, 2014, 10:22 AM

Re: This is sad rationalization.***

Mar 21, 2014, 10:31 AM

So the school that has clock up counting down the time is not the school obsessed? Now that is a good one.

Mar 21, 2014, 10:38 AM

You want to know what's a good one? The fact that you are absolutely oblivious to the fact that you're proving OPs point as we speak.

I'm not surprised that you're too much of a moran to see that.

Mar 21, 2014, 12:18 PM [ in reply to Re: This is sad rationalization.*** ]

That comment just really proves how stupid you are. You still don't get it, do you!!!:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not rationalizing anything

Mar 21, 2014, 11:50 AM [ in reply to This is sad rationalization.*** ]

They won 5 in a row, and I am mad as heck about it.

My point is despite their obvious and well-earned success, that's not the first thing on their mind, and it's pretty obvious.

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

they are a better overall program right now, period.

Mar 21, 2014, 10:30 AM

Wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better in baseball. Not even close.
Beat our ### 5 times in a row in football.
BB they do suck.
I think their overall olympic sports trumps ours as well.

Dont look like a coot and try to rationalize them killing us.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not trying to rationalize anything

Mar 21, 2014, 10:34 AM

They were better than us in that game 5 years in a row, and they deserved to win. Never suggested otherwise.

Plus, and maybe I am in the minority here

Mar 21, 2014, 10:38 AM [ in reply to they are a better overall program right now, period. ]

but it beats talking about signs in restaurant windows.

:D

Bottom line

Mar 21, 2014, 10:34 AM

Clemson has got to beat the Coots in 2014

Ask one. I bet they tell you otherwise.

Mar 21, 2014, 10:37 AM

I don't think they are feeling torn up about their team at all right now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And I didn't suggest that they should feel that way

Mar 21, 2014, 10:45 AM

Just thinking about the big picture, my friend, that's all.

Re: And I didn't suggest that they should feel that way

Mar 21, 2014, 11:07 AM

why would they feel bad about their program after beating us 5 years in a row in football? as the above poster says right now they are a better overall athletic program than us and most of us have a very difficult time accepting that and many as you see will never admit or accept it, and continue to make excuses and rationalize why we are not better than them. I think the sec and its money has helped them tremendously. they also have had much better leadership from the presidents office and administration down to coaches. they have improved their facilities but imo ours are still better overall. but with the new sec network and more money they will attempt to better us.

Understood - but suggesting that it's brutal because they

Mar 21, 2014, 11:22 AM [ in reply to And I didn't suggest that they should feel that way ]

can't experience nostalgia over the rivalry doesn't amount to much these days.

BTW - as a Tiger fan, nostalgia just makes it feel worse.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They can experience whatever they want, I'm not

Mar 21, 2014, 11:25 AM

suggesting otherwise. I'm simply making a point that it's funny how obsessed they are with Clemson despite their obvious recent success. I'm not saying they should not be proud of their accomplishments recently. Quite the contrary. I think it's funny that their obsession with Clemson trumps that, and a lot of evidence backs that up.

uh huh yeah ..I guess

Mar 21, 2014, 10:37 AM

I do see some irony in this post though.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Really?

Mar 21, 2014, 10:41 AM

Because I'm not over on some South Carolina board trolling right now. That was kinda my point. But maybe I needed to be more specific. :D

Re: Really?

Mar 21, 2014, 10:58 AM

It is brutal being a South Carolina fan. I mean 2 Nat'l titles in the last 4 years and runner up on another occasion. A top 5 finish in football, 3 straight top 10 finishes, 5 straight double digit beatings of our rival, a #1 seed in the ladies NCAA tournament, a #1 ranking in baseball right now. Sending your rival packing from Omaha and from regionals on a regular basis.

Yep, you're right, it is a brutal time to be a Gamecock fan.

What is really funny is the only thing you have going for you is the NIT and we won two of those the last decade and we never had to play at 11:00 on Sunday morning!!

By the way, mediocrity? You mean like 1 ACC title since FSU joined 22 years ago? The same amount of titles that Wake has won over that time period? And you think you're something special? Now that is funny.

And thanks for proving my point***

Mar 21, 2014, 10:59 AM

Mar 21, 2014, 12:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Really? ]

If you really believe that y'all were the actual top 5 team in the country. Then that only means that you will believe anything that you hear, and none of what you have saw.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 21, 2014, 4:25 PM

Kind of like how you believe that Clemson didn't back pedal their way into a bcs bowl on a technicality. That there were not several other teams who would have gone if the acc wasn't required to be there.

You will never admit that the same way Carolina fans won't admit they may not have actually been a top five squad.

Thanks for proving my point.

Mar 21, 2014, 4:35 PM

Also, yeah we won a BCS bowl.

You mad, bro?

Right now it's more brutal for us than SC***

Mar 21, 2014, 10:58 AM

and thanks for proving my point***

Mar 21, 2014, 10:59 AM

Re: and thanks for proving my point***

Mar 21, 2014, 11:01 AM

Good luck Sunday, hope you guys whip Illinois. Have good weekend.

Thanks, dude.***

Mar 21, 2014, 11:03 AM

The Capons just wish.....

Mar 21, 2014, 11:01 AM

we were as obsessed with $CU as they are with Clemson.

They would gladly give their first born for two BCS Bowl appearances and a conference championship, and if any one of them says otherwise, they are either an idiot, a liar, or some combination of the two.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: The Capons just wish.....

Mar 21, 2014, 11:08 AM

Well, I'll take our wins because I know and you know the BCS wasn't about selecting the best teams or you nor Ohio State would have been in. My feeling is you'd trade that Ohio St bowl for a win against us and if you say not you're lying.

Let's see, we beat you by 14 win Capital One and finish ranked 4th. You won a meaningless BCS and finish 7th? Think I'll keep our season.

You do realize Northern Illinois played in a BCS bowl, kind of takes a little shine off who gets to play in them, because as we know, it isn't the best teams.

LOL..."meaningless BCS"...lol

Mar 21, 2014, 11:13 AM

Get back to me when the Capons actually play and win any bowl game of significance against a higher ranked opponent.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

hmmmm.. more money and prestige

Mar 21, 2014, 12:13 PM [ in reply to Re: The Capons just wish..... ]

Over bragging rights. That is a tough choice, seriously it is.

Saying osu didn't deserve to be in is evidence of your lack of objectivity in this matter. No point in debating seeing how you are alReady prejudice.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

You've clearly spent a lot of time thinking about this.

Mar 21, 2014, 11:13 AM

For such a pathetic team you seem to spend a lot of time thinking about them.

Re: You've clearly spent a lot of time thinking about this.

Mar 21, 2014, 11:15 AM

You know what, we'll never see things the same way. You believe in Clemson and I believe in South Carolina, that is what fans do.

You should be proud of your accomplishments as I am proud of our's so hope you have great weekend and things go the way you want them to.

Have a good one.

That post didn't really actually say anything.

Mar 21, 2014, 11:17 AM

What were you trying to accomplish?

Re: That post didn't really actually say anything.

Mar 21, 2014, 11:21 AM

Wasn't trying to accomplish anything. He feels passionately about Clemson and I feel passionate about South Carolina. He will defend the Clemson program and as a fan he should, just like I'll defend South Carolina program. Can a talk not be civil without name calling or is that not a good thing?

In the grand scheme of things it's just sports.

I don't know why you're directing this towards me then.***

Mar 21, 2014, 11:22 AM

It's a Clemson fan board. What are you expecting?

Mar 21, 2014, 11:27 AM [ in reply to Re: That post didn't really actually say anything. ]

There's no need for resident chicken fans here. If we need or want your perspective, we will go over to a chicken board and ask for it.

EXACTLY

Mar 21, 2014, 11:32 AM

They are on our boards. We are not on their boards (or at least not us in particular). Basically my entire point. OBSESSION.

Re: That post didn't really actually say anything.

Mar 21, 2014, 12:31 PM [ in reply to Re: That post didn't really actually say anything. ]

No, in the grand scheme, you have lost your way. You are on a Tiger board trying to tell Tiger fans how and why you should defend your team. Tiger Net, where we don't give a chit about you or your chicken coop team.

Im obsessed with Kate Winslet

Mar 21, 2014, 11:45 AM

...but its healthy and I don't need any more counseling . The meds have really kept the detectives off my doorstep.
Oh , and go TIGERS

DB23

Yeah, but do you go on Anti-Kate Winslet

Mar 21, 2014, 11:46 AM

boards and troll away?

Re: It must be brutal being a South Carolina fan...

Mar 21, 2014, 12:16 PM

You're exactly right though. Its like they really don't believe they have won 5 in a row. I guess its b/c in over a hundred years, they've never had over a couple in a row for the most part. Yep, its like someone told them that they have won 5 straight, but they still don't believe it b/c they sure don't act like they do....

Re: It must be brutal being a South Carolina fan...

Mar 21, 2014, 1:26 PM

yep that just about sums it up

By the way, if you need some supporting evidence

Mar 21, 2014, 3:16 PM

of this theory, I respectfully submit Motor City Bengal and his nonsense for review.

It is a lot less brutal being a South Carolina fan now,

Mar 21, 2014, 3:54 PM

except for Men's Basketball :-D

0-21 is BRUTAL, losing to Navy, Furman, Citadel all brutal

Serious question: which season do you consider more successful as a Tiger fan, your 2011 ACC Championship or 2013 BCS Orange Bowl win?

Without a doubt ACC CG is better accomplishment but this

Mar 21, 2014, 3:56 PM

years team was better by a country mile.

Replies: 46
| visibility 1
Other Sports Boards - Rivalries
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next