Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This Article pretty well sums up Doeren
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 1

This Article pretty well sums up Doeren

Nov 5, 2017, 8:43 AM

At least a newspaper in NC called it like it was. If Doeren remains a head coach, he should really reflect on his approach to things like this. I think he has some Petrino-like "qualities".

http://nsjonline.com/article/2017/11/bad-behavior-by-fans-coach-spoil-epic-game/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and more

Nov 5, 2017, 8:45 AM

http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/article182852126.html

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Re: and more

Nov 5, 2017, 1:18 PM

RALEIGH — On a day when the eyes of Football America were on NC State, a better case for looking elsewhere couldn’t have been made.

The national champion Clemson Tigers were in town, with the Atlantic Division and a potential College Football Playoff berth on the line for both teams. Attracted by the marquee match-up, ABC was on hand to televise the game, and ESPN brought the College Gameday radio team and the Heisman House to add to the pregame atmosphere.

Big-time college football arrived at Carter-Finley Stadium with a vengeance, and State couldn’t have possibly looked smaller potatoes.

Don’t blame the team. The players gave the champs everything they could have wanted, battling until the end. ABC/ESPN got everything they could have wanted as well, with big plays, a near upset and a game that wasn’t decided until the very last play.

The Wolfpack players showed they were more than ready for the spotlight. Unfortunately for NC State University and the city of Raleigh, they were the only ones that did their part.

On a day when a Washington State student jumped onto the field, ran into the end zone as a touchdown was being scored and dropped his pants for an on-camera moon, NC State’s fans managed to turn in the most shamefully embarrassing performance of the afternoon.

As the officiating crew left the field, State fans pelted them with debris. Online video shows at least six fans flipping birds to the referees as they leave, while garbage flies down at them. A fan in white hurls a water bottle that appears to hit a state trooper attempting to protect the officials.

That’s all on one side of the tunnel. On the other side, a fan in a grey shirt is busy spitting on the people passing beneath, at one point getting a running start to increase his range.

The video is there for all to see. Hopefully the university will try to identify any students pictured and take action against them. And maybe the state police could take a look at the film as well.

What did the referees do to earn such abusive treatment? They called an illegal blocking penalty that wiped out a seven-yard run for the game’s go-ahead touchdown.

No, never mind. That’s not right. That was the call they made against Clemson, late in the third quarter.

What the referees did was call a pass interference penalty on a third-down stop that allowed the other team to score the go-ahead touchdown two plays later.

No, wait. That’s not right either. That call went against Clemson too, right before Jaylen Samuels scored NC State’s second touchdown.

What the referees did was call an illegal shift on NC State that wiped out a long pass play on the Wolfpack’s last-minute drive.

Fans erupted with anger after the call, and social media erupted with conspiracy theories. Luckily, the alleged illegal shifter — wide receiver Jakobi Meyers — was made available to the media after the game.

Here’s his reaction to the penalty debacle: “I think it’s because I stepped off the ball and J-Sam (Samuel) stepped on, and we didn’t set for a count. I’m assuming that’s what it was.”

In other words, the call was right.

Was it a ticky-tack call? Something that could have been ignored, given the point in the game? Well, Meyers was the one that caught the ball, and he appeared to get a step on the man covering him, who was caught flat-footed. The man covering Samuels had even more of a struggle, appearing to stumble when the ball was hiked and Samuels exploded off the line.

Regardless of whether it was a legit call or a blown one, the fan reaction was unacceptable. It’s the type of thing a team’s coach should come out against, emphasizing sportsmanship and a safe positive environment for all of his fans.

Unfortunately, NC State’s coach is Dave Doeren, who prefers to take his excuses head on instead of avoiding them. In past years, his team was too young, their ACC division too tough. Now, with strong senior stars and down years for Florida State and Louisville, Doeren has to go deeper in the excuse depth chart. Next excuse up is officiating.

One week ago, thumped 35-14 by Notre Dame, he pointed to a possible offsides by the Irish that wasn’t called as “a huge momentum play for them” and also pointed out that officials may have missed ANOTHER offsides earlier in the game.

“I can’t criticize the officials unless you want to pay the fine for me. I’d love to tell you what I thought, but I’m not gonna do that.”

Just to make sure everyone understood why Notre Dame won by 21 points, Doeren brought up the offsides again at his Monday press conference.

On Saturday, with his fans acting like thugs in the stands, Doeren opened his press conference with the following, in response to a question about the penalty:

“I wish it (the officiating) was a lot better.”

Later, when asked about the penalty at the end of the game, Doeren, looking exasperated and put upon as he alone battles the demons of bad officiating, said, “Which one?”

Because there were so so many penalties to choose from, you see. NC State was flagged for six of them, for a total of 69 yards.

Wait, that can’t be right. Six doesn’t seem like that many penalties at all. In fact, looking at the cumulative numbers for the season, State has been flagged 55 times, which comes out to … six a game.

Across the entire ACC, teams have been called for 669 penalties in 121 games, which comes out to … 5.5 a game.

So, in a game where an average number of penalties were called against his team, Doeren needed help determining which of the half-dozen the questioner was referring to.

The second thing Doeren said in his post-game press conference was the following:

“And I’d like to know why there’s a laptop on Clemson’s sideline that people are looking at, too. I’d like that to be investigated. Maybe they weren’t doing anything, but I was told it’s illegal to have technology on the sideline. I’d like to know that as well.”

In a conference and state where another team’s radio crew was giving away the game plan to opponents last year, Doeren’s charges sound infantile and petty.

When informed of the charges of malfeasance, Clemson coach Dabo Swinney responded to the laughable allegations in the only appropriate manner: By laughing.

It turned out that the illicit technology was the property of a student manager in the team’s social media department, Jonathan Gantt, who apparently helped stymie the Wolfpack offense with well-timed tweets and snaps.

By the way, if Doeren still wants to conduct an investigation of the sideline laptop, a good place to start might be Gantt’s own Twitter account. Last month, he posted a photo of a student using the laptop to edit video during the game, boasting that the 85-second highlight feature was finished by the final gun.

Between the crooked refs and the illegally produced hype videos, how is Doeren supposed to compete? Clearly, he has too much on his mind to scold his fans for attacking the refs and the on-duty police trying to protect them. Although he did find time to praise them for their “passion.”

Doeren couldn’t have bungled the postgame situation worse if it was a fourth-and-short play call. But coaches, like politicians, need to know their base, and Doeren appears to be right in touch with the bottle-tossing, bird-flipping hooligans waiting to be spoon fed the next conspiracy theory. That will be the lasting image America has of big-time football’s woefully brief visit to our area.

Enjoy your time on Raycom and in a middling bowl, NC State. You have only yourselves to blame.

The sad part is that the players and the vast majority of the 56,000 fans that packed Carter-Finley deserve better. Better than what they have.

CUvsFSU2011win

-- Too many daughters and not enough bullets. --

Re: This Article pretty well sums up Doeren- nails it

Nov 5, 2017, 8:48 AM

great post

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This Article pretty well sums up Doeren

Nov 5, 2017, 8:50 AM

Thanks for poasting!+1

I was formally known as Furious george and have changed my name to match the name I use to call on WCCP radio.

Should have mentioned Chubb instead of saying the players

Nov 5, 2017, 8:51 AM

did their job.

Don't tell he didn't give our offense a little more to play for by being an jerk.

Nov 5, 2017, 8:55 AM

Great post says it all when your own state paper slams your coach and fan base.

10 extra TU’s if I could

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 5, 2017, 9:19 AM

This should be great for public relations and recruiting.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can you imagine if somebody at the State tried to write an

Nov 5, 2017, 9:05 AM

article like this about s car? Oh wait, that happened once. Banished!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 5, 2017, 9:06 AM

OUTSTANDING!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 5, 2017, 9:13 AM

Bump

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Doeren along with a lot of the players and fans need to grow up. Sad.***

Nov 5, 2017, 9:17 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Says article not found

Nov 5, 2017, 9:41 AM

Did they remove it?

Clemson

Re: Says article not found

Nov 5, 2017, 9:49 AM

Must have. I don't see it either!

Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Conveniently, article seems to have disappeared

Nov 5, 2017, 9:47 AM

Hmmmmm

Re: Conveniently, article seems to have disappeared

Nov 5, 2017, 9:55 AM

Here's the latest message when you click the link. Must be similar to the state newspaper in cootville.

"Resource Limit Is Reached

The website is temporarily unable to service your request as it exceeded resource limit. Please try again later."

Go Tigers!!!

Can somebody post the article?

Nov 5, 2017, 9:49 AM

It's saying not found

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Nov 5, 2017, 9:52 AM
IMG_3596.PNG(118.4 K)

Yep, they pulled it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS

Nov 5, 2017, 10:08 AM

Found it on google cache:

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:N5Jmis980_UJ:https://nsjonline.com/article/2017/11/bad-behavior-by-fans-coach-spoil-epic-game/+&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=safari

The article can be found in the google cache link.

Nov 5, 2017, 10:21 AM

A great read on the slime balls.
Since it is deleted nothing will happen.

Nov 5, 2017, 10:22 AM [ in reply to Re: This Article pretty well sums up Doeren ]

Thanks! I hope folks check this link.....definitely sums up Doeren.

Nov 5, 2017, 10:29 AM [ in reply to Re: This Article pretty well sums up Doeren ]

Thanks for posting this cache link - an article well worth reading !!
Go Tigers!

Great find, thank you

Nov 5, 2017, 10:31 AM [ in reply to Re: This Article pretty well sums up Doeren ]

What a garbage coach

Clemson

Bump for great article and great save on that link

Nov 5, 2017, 10:34 AM [ in reply to Re: This Article pretty well sums up Doeren ]

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:N5Jmis980_UJ:https://nsjonline.com/article/2017/11/bad-behavior-by-fans-coach-spoil-epic-game/+&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=safari

Nov 5, 2017, 1:05 PM [ in reply to Re: This Article pretty well sums up Doeren ]

Thank you so much, article is fantastic.
Can you please explain how you located that? Access to cache etc.???
+1

Nov 5, 2017, 1:16 PM

Copy and paste the link into google.com search. Once search results are found, look at the second line where you will see an "arrow" pointing down on the right hand side. Click the "arrow" and the word "Cached" pops up, click it and it brings it up.

CUvsFSU2011win

-- Too many daughters and not enough bullets. --

Nov 5, 2017, 1:22 PM [ in reply to Re: This Article pretty well sums up Doeren ]

Thank you. I have no idea what google cache is so I would have never found it. It seems that unsportsmanlike behavior starts at the top with the coach’s all the way to their rude, nasty, abusive fans

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Article removed***

Nov 5, 2017, 10:07 AM

Nothing is EVER removed from the internet! It lives forever!

Nov 5, 2017, 1:29 PM

thanks Google!! :) lol

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

Getting a 404 now... anyone have a cached version?***

Nov 5, 2017, 10:09 AM

NVM, see it above. Thanks!

Message was edited by: tigers_no.1®

I will wipe from the face of the earth the human race I have created, and with them the animals,
The birds and the creatures that move along the ground, for I regret that I have made them.

Here's what I see when clicking on article link...

Nov 5, 2017, 10:16 AM

"Resource Limit Is Reached

The website is temporarily unable to service your request as it exceeded resource limit. Please try again later."

lol, kinda like Tnet last night.

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Nov 5, 2017, 11:00 AM

Here's a copy paste from the cached link

RALEIGH — On a day when the eyes of Football America were on NC State, a better case for looking elsewhere couldn’t have been made.

The national champion Clemson Tigers were in town, with the Atlantic Division and a potential College Football Playoff berth on the line for both teams. Attracted by the marquee match-up, ABC was on hand to televise the game, and ESPN brought the College Gameday radio team and the Heisman House to add to the pregame atmosphere.

Big-time college football arrived at Carter-Finley Stadium with a vengeance, and State couldn’t have possibly looked smaller potatoes.

Don’t blame the team. The players gave the champs everything they could have wanted, battling until the end. ABC/ESPN got everything they could have wanted as well, with big plays, a near upset and a game that wasn’t decided until the very last play.

The Wolfpack players showed they were more than ready for the spotlight. Unfortunately for NC State University and the city of Raleigh, they were the only ones that did their part.

On a day when a Washington State student jumped onto the field, ran into the end zone as a touchdown was being scored and dropped his pants for an on-camera moon, NC State’s fans managed to turn in the most shamefully embarrassing performance of the afternoon.

As the officiating crew left the field, State fans pelted them with debris. Online video shows at least six fans flipping birds to the referees as they leave, while garbage flies down at them. A fan in white hurls a water bottle that appears to hit a state trooper attempting to protect the officials.

billy weaver @billyweaver14
NC State fans throwing objects and spitting on refs leaving the field. #fansnothappy #acc
6:26 PM - Nov 4, 2017 · Raleigh, NC
145 145 Replies 525 525 Retweets 565 565 likes
Twitter Ads info and privacy

That’s all on one side of the tunnel. On the other side, a fan in a grey shirt is busy spitting on the people passing beneath, at one point getting a running start to increase his range.

The video is there for all to see. Hopefully the university will try to identify any students pictured and take action against them. And maybe the state police could take a look at the film as well.

What did the referees do to earn such abusive treatment? They called an illegal blocking penalty that wiped out a seven-yard run for the game’s go-ahead touchdown.

No, never mind. That’s not right. That was the call they made against Clemson, late in the third quarter.

What the referees did was call a pass interference penalty on a third-down stop that allowed the other team to score the go-ahead touchdown two plays later.

No, wait. That’s not right either. That call went against Clemson too, right before Jaylen Samuels scored NC State’s second touchdown.

What the referees did was call an illegal shift on NC State that wiped out a long pass play on the Wolfpack’s last-minute drive.

Fans erupted with anger after the call, and social media erupted with conspiracy theories. Luckily, the alleged illegal shifter — wide receiver Jakobi Meyers — was made available to the media after the game.

Here’s his reaction to the penalty debacle: “I think it’s because I stepped off the ball and J-Sam (Samuel) stepped on, and we didn’t set for a count. I’m assuming that’s what it was.”

In other words, the call was right.

Was it a ticky-tack call? Something that could have been ignored, given the point in the game? Well, Meyers was the one that caught the ball, and he appeared to get a step on the man covering him, who was caught flat-footed. The man covering Samuels had even more of a struggle, appearing to stumble when the ball was hiked and Samuels exploded off the line.

Regardless of whether it was a legit call or a blown one, the fan reaction was unacceptable. It’s the type of thing a team’s coach should come out against, emphasizing sportsmanship and a safe positive environment for all of his fans.

Unfortunately, NC State’s coach is Dave Doeren, who prefers to take his excuses head on instead of avoiding them. In past years, his team was too young, their ACC division too tough. Now, with strong senior stars and down years for Florida State and Louisville, Doeren has to go deeper in the excuse depth chart. Next excuse up is officiating.

One week ago, thumped 35-14 by Notre Dame, he pointed to a possible offsides by the Irish that wasn’t called as “a huge momentum play for them” and also pointed out that officials may have missed ANOTHER offsides earlier in the game.

“I can’t criticize the officials unless you want to pay the fine for me. I’d love to tell you what I thought, but I’m not gonna do that.”

Just to make sure everyone understood why Notre Dame won by 21 points, Doeren brought up the offsides again at his Monday press conference.

On Saturday, with his fans acting like thugs in the stands, Doeren opened his press conference with the following, in response to a question about the penalty:

“I wish it (the officiating) was a lot better.”

Later, when asked about the penalty at the end of the game, Doeren, looking exasperated and put upon as he alone battles the demons of bad officiating, said, “Which one?”

Because there were so so many penalties to choose from, you see. NC State was flagged for six of them, for a total of 69 yards.

Wait, that can’t be right. Six doesn’t seem like that many penalties at all. In fact, looking at the cumulative numbers for the season, State has been flagged 55 times, which comes out to … six a game.

Across the entire ACC, teams have been called for 669 penalties in 121 games, which comes out to … 5.5 a game.

So, in a game where an average number of penalties were called against his team, Doeren needed help determining which of the half-dozen the questioner was referring to.

The second thing Doeren said in his post-game press conference was the following:

“And I’d like to know why there’s a laptop on Clemson’s sideline that people are looking at, too. I’d like that to be investigated. Maybe they weren’t doing anything, but I was told it’s illegal to have technology on the sideline. I’d like to know that as well.”

In a conference and state where another team’s radio crew was giving away the game plan to opponents last year, Doeren’s charges sound infantile and petty.

When informed of the charges of malfeasance, Clemson coach Dabo Swinney responded to the laughable allegations in the only appropriate manner: By laughing.

YouTube ?@YouTube
Baseball15 @baseball19651
Clemson coach Dabo Swinney responds to NC State wanting a laptop investi... https://youtu.be/080K5SNq9u4 via @YouTube
8:24 PM - Nov 4, 2017
Replies Retweets likes
It turned out that the illicit technology was the property of a student manager in the team’s social media department, Jonathan Gantt, who apparently helped stymie the Wolfpack offense with well-timed tweets and snaps.

By the way, if Doeren still wants to conduct an investigation of the sideline laptop, a good place to start might be Gantt’s own Twitter account. Last month, he posted a photo of a student using the laptop to edit video during the game, boasting that the 85-second highlight feature was finished by the final gun.

2 Oct
Jonathan Gantt ? @Jonathan_Gantt
So many quality storytelling elements in these game features... ??

Great collaboration from @Andy___Turner (????) & @Mahuggi (??)! https://twitter.com/clemsonfb/status/914342787637706752
Jonathan Gantt ?@Jonathan_Gantt
Action shot of @Andy___Turner editing in-game. He had that 85-sec high-quality feature exported/uploaded within 10 min of final whistle. ?? pic.twitter.com/t6ec41ZrQQ
9:15 AM - Oct 2, 2017
View image on Twitter
4 4 Replies 22 22 Retweets 130 130 likes
Between the crooked refs and the illegally produced hype videos, how is Doeren supposed to compete? Clearly, he has too much on his mind to scold his fans for attacking the refs and the on-duty police trying to protect them. Although he did find time to praise them for their “passion.”

Dave Doeren ?@StateCoachD
Thank You Wolfpack Nation for your passion and crowd support tonight! You were incredible! These Players and Coaches Applaud You!!!
7:19 PM - Nov 4, 2017
167 167 Replies 359 359 Retweets 1,970 1,970 likes
Doeren couldn’t have bungled the postgame situation worse if it was a fourth-and-short play call. But coaches, like politicians, need to know their base, and Doeren appears to be right in touch with the bottle-tossing, bird-flipping hooligans waiting to be spoon fed the next conspiracy theory. That will be the lasting image America has of big-time football’s woefully brief visit to our area.

Enjoy your time on Raycom and in a middling bowl, NC State. You have only yourselves to blame.

The sad part is that the players and the vast majority of the 56,000 fans that packed Carter-Finley deserve better. Better than what they have.

I disagree with one thing in that article.

Nov 5, 2017, 11:30 AM

I think the fans got exactly what they deserve. Tigers won and the losers lost, poetic justice.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FYI: "TigerinColumbia" has it Copied & Pasted here

Nov 5, 2017, 11:58 AM [ in reply to Re: This Article pretty well sums up Doeren ]

Thank You for that. I also got the 404 error and article removed! Thanks!

PC police ar work

Nov 5, 2017, 11:16 AM

wish someone had copy & paste it
before it vanished

Thanks***

Nov 5, 2017, 11:17 AM

Nov 5, 2017, 1:06 PM

It won’t open, it says page not found

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Nov 5, 2017, 2:04 PM

I doubt it was pulled, I am sure it is just poor web server traffic planning or some of the systemic issues amongst the major cloud providers we have been seeing this weekend. The legacy media is hurting for money and handling millions of hits can be expensive.

Replies: 37
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic