Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Debate: What happens to ACC, Big East?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Debate: What happens to ACC, Big East?

Jun 5, 2012, 10:42 AM

Jun 5 9:00AM ET
By Heather Dinich and Andrea Adelson | ESPN.com
http://espn.go.com/blog/acc/print?id=39516

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Surely she doesn't believe this....

Jun 5, 2012, 11:12 AM

Look, the ACC isn’t worried aGreensboro to leave the ACC, and right now, no offers are on the tablebout anyone getting poached. Nobody has $20 million to give to .

They have to be paying her to just act uninformed.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

sorry.... "paste" messed up

Jun 5, 2012, 11:13 AM

Look, the ACC isn’t worried about anyone getting poached. Nobody has $20 million to give to Greensboro to leave the ACC, and right now, no offers are on the table.

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

amazing that a writer for a national publication would be

Jun 5, 2012, 11:16 AM [ in reply to Surely she doesn't believe this.... ]

this out of the loop

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: amazing that a writer for a national publication would be

Jun 5, 2012, 12:19 PM

Must say she is out of her element....she's talking football not baking

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

She might well believe it

Jun 5, 2012, 11:25 AM [ in reply to Surely she doesn't believe this.... ]

She's never impressed me as being a rocket scientist.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Debate: What happens to ACC, Big East?

Jun 5, 2012, 11:13 AM

I agree with HD more than most of you do I think. In this case, I think she is pretty close to being right. One thing that will come from all this conference switch nonsense is a better schedule for teams who hope to contend for the title. Nothing would please me more than to see Clemson NOT have Furman or Alcorn State etc. on future schedules. I see us headed in that direction. A one loss ACC team, if the schedule is good, will not keep the team from being a contender for the championship. imo

Jun 5, 2012, 11:19 AM

If we could drop some of the other leaches on our schedule I'd agree. But we can't if we remain in the ACC.

We won't be considered with one loss and our RPI.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 5, 2012, 11:20 AM [ in reply to Re: Debate: What happens to ACC, Big East? ]

She isn't anywhere near being right. Her bias is showing about as much as all the feathers around hear lately. She wants to keep her job. If going to the Big12 meant not having to deal with her take on our conference, pack up the bags. That's worth 20 million right there. But our luck she'd get a job writing about the Big12. HD is an idiot and always had been and always will be.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

IF....IF...Clemson leaves I think people looking at access

Jun 5, 2012, 11:22 AM [ in reply to Re: Debate: What happens to ACC, Big East? ]

to a playoff as a reason are completely missing the boat...the reason is more about contempt for the ACC and access to money and access in one of the top 4 conferences.

Also this article outlines why Clemson would want to leave....Swofford is merely protecting friends/relatives of his at the cost of the schools

http://www.forbes.com/sites/chrissmith/2012/06/04/the-accs-third-tier-rights-and-why-theyre-killing-the-conference/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 5, 2012, 12:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Debate: What happens to ACC, Big East? ]

When did we put Alcorn State on the schedule?

Jun 5, 2012, 11:43 AM

This Dinich guy laps up anything put out by Swoffy. Tigers=BigXII

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic