Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
did anyone hear ###### jesse palmer
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 3,876

did anyone hear ###### jesse palmer

Nov 4, 2018, 11:37 AM

bring up the word nepotism when they showed sabos son score last night on final?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: did anyone hear ###### jesse palmer

Nov 4, 2018, 11:38 AM

Just take into consideration who said it. If will doesn’t step up and continue to play good they won’t use him

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Re: allegations of nepotism

Nov 4, 2018, 12:20 PM

My dad was my principal in high school, and the president of my little league, and my mom was the official scorekeeper.

The year i won the batting title, if there was any question whether i reached base on a hit or error, it was ruled an error just to avoid appearance of favoritism and possibility of nepotism. When i received any awards in school, it was only after my work was publicly recognized.

I knew other kids who didn't have to earn their awards yet benefitted from being the coach/teacher/principal's kid, but those parents aren't doing their kids any favors.

I can guarantee you that Dabo likes to hear some ignorant @sshat use the N word (i mean "nepotism"), because he has charts and records that prove otherwise, so he can brag on his son who has worked hard to earn this opportunity. Kinda like " Clemsoning"--you can't destroy the term if no one airs it aloud.

FWIW, it was the coaches who told Dabo that Will deserved a scholarship. I don't see Will taking the playing time of anyone more deserving, do you?

Re: allegations of nepotism

Nov 4, 2018, 12:20 PM [ in reply to Re: did anyone hear ###### jesse palmer ]

My dad was my principal in high school, and the president of my little league, and my mom was the official scorekeeper.

The year i won the batting title, if there was any question whether i reached base on a hit or error, it was ruled an error just to avoid appearance of favoritism and possibility of nepotism. When i received any awards in school, it was only after my work was publicly recognized.

I knew other kids who didn't have to earn their awards yet benefitted from being the coach/teacher/principal's kid, but those parents aren't doing their kids any favors.

I can guarantee you that Dabo likes to hear some ignorant @sshat use the N word (i mean "nepotism"), because he has charts and records that prove otherwise, so he can brag on his son who has worked hard to earn this opportunity. Kinda like " Clemsoning"--you can't destroy the term if no one airs it aloud.

FWIW, it was the coaches who told Dabo that Will deserved a scholarship. I don't see Will taking the playing time of anyone more deserving, do you?

Nov 4, 2018, 11:43 AM

Something tells me Jesse's boa constrictor britches are starting to affect his mental acuity .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Nov 4, 2018, 11:55 AM

Yea, even plays him as the holder even though it hurts the team. The only reason he plays the whole squad is so his son can play. Jesses palmer, SMH.

Actually I remember Dabo saying he hates playing holder.

clarification

Nov 4, 2018, 12:00 PM

As in Will hates being the holder.

On occassion

Nov 4, 2018, 12:09 PM

Some people confuse nepotism with good sense. There are many times when it just made good sense to hire your son. In this case it just made good sense to run the sweep with The coaches son as the receiver. It resulted in a touchdown, Jesse! Quite honestly, Will should have been credited with a TD in the FSU game.

I was in school with Jimmy Howard who was Franks son and I was told by several friends who I had on the team that Jimmy was the hardest working and most devout player on the team even though he was not a scholarship player. Jimmy scored a touchdown in a game during the 1963 season and everyone was thrilled for him. Jesse wasn’t alive then!

Re: On occassion

Nov 4, 2018, 2:16 PM

When Jimmy was playing at Daniel HS, I would see Jimmy walking to Sunday School and Church on Sundays and asked if would like a rie. His response was always, "Thanks, Mr. C...……., but I need the exercise. My Dad want let me ride".

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I heard it

Nov 4, 2018, 12:02 PM

Didn't bother me as it was a throw-away joke in the midst of them laughing about everyone on the Clemson team scoring.

And to be clear I have zero problem with him calling/running a play to get his son a TD...none at all.

But, also the play was run to get HIM a touchdown. That's fine, but yeah, it's a bit of nepotism. And it's not insulting or a dig to say it. And he didn't say the only reason he played at all was because he's the coach's son. He just pointed out the obvious that the play call was made (in garbage time when nothing other than keeping folks healthy and having fun mattered) to get his son a TD.

Really nothing to get upset about, in my opinion.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I heard it

Nov 4, 2018, 12:13 PM

Isn’t the goal of every play to score a TD. This isn’t the first time that Will has been involved in a play late in the game. I I wonder if there was nepotism involved when Wilkins and Lawrence scored? I doubt it. Reward? Yes. Nepotism? No!

Eh, like I said it doesn't bother me at all

Nov 4, 2018, 12:33 PM

I think of it like when we ran plays to get Daniel Rodriguez a touchdown. Because it was a good story and he had earned it, of course, and it made sense to do.

All of it was the same sort of vibe, except the good story part is that it's Dabo's son. And there's nothing at all wrong with that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’m sure he was just making a joke.***

Nov 4, 2018, 12:11 PM

null

Lulz. THAT BA$####!***

Nov 4, 2018, 12:16 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just Goes to Show You Just Because Someone Appears to be a

Nov 4, 2018, 12:20 PM

Bachelor they likely are more a Bachlorette.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 4, 2018, 1:01 PM

First of all nobody cares what a Canadian thinks about American college football. Secondly until Batson scores it’s not nepotism.

Nov 4, 2018, 1:37 PM

Did Batson play yesterday? Don’t remember seeing him?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

I couldn’t care less. If Dabo had a daughter

Nov 4, 2018, 1:27 PM

I would be happy to see her play, too!

He’s EARNED the right to coach, manage, sign AND play anyone on this team!

(Well, as long as we keep winning and competing for nattys! lol )

GO TIGERS!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Re:How about the Bentleys

Nov 4, 2018, 2:10 PM

Jake had a good game yesterday, but has played poorly enough in others to be pulled. The only game that has happened was vs. Clemson in 2016.

This is strictly my observation and speculation but

Nov 4, 2018, 2:17 PM

next year, I have an idea Will Swinney will become the guy who can do a lot of what Hunter Renfrow does for us right now. He's got smarts and toughness. Those are also Hunter's best assets.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 3,876
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic