Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Seems the CFP let the outside noise completely dictate
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,033

Seems the CFP let the outside noise completely dictate

Nov 6, 2019, 12:55 PM

their rankings. No measurables were used consistently...Up until last night I thought they had done a pretty good job.

Now I'm about sick of the media circus and ready for an 8 team playoff. (5) conference champions and (3) at large. Let the committee select the at large berths or just give it to (3) SEC teams.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

agreed. I thought last nights rankings were a complete disaster

Nov 6, 2019, 12:58 PM

And not just because of our position. There were multiple major issues

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the stuff with baylor is what got me

Nov 6, 2019, 1:02 PM

undefeated, beat two top 25 teams..yet two loss auburn and florida sit ahead of them what a joke

Auburn & Florida have no control, Baylor could win out

Nov 6, 2019, 1:05 PM

and be Undefeated BIG 12 Champ. I don't think it happensd, but if it does, they're in.

Re: agreed. I thought last nights rankings were a complete disaster

Nov 6, 2019, 1:03 PM [ in reply to agreed. I thought last nights rankings were a complete disaster ]

I'm glad I didn't watch it. I no longer watch College Football Live, College Gameday,College Football Final or the College Football Playoff show. I have no interest in hearing insults being thrown at Clemson. What this program has done and is doing, is something to be celebrated.(yes I'm biased as a Clemson grad). The hatred by the sports media toward Clemson is pathetic.

^^^^ Exactly!***

Nov 6, 2019, 1:34 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Seems the CFP let the outside noise completely dictate

Nov 6, 2019, 1:06 PM

I think they wanted the huge hype ans tv rating for the top 4 playing eachother. They know the rest will sort out.

Re: Seems the CFP let the outside noise completely dictate

Nov 6, 2019, 1:13 PM

Carlsbad® said:

I think they wanted the huge hype ans tv rating for the top 4 playing eachother. They know the rest will sort out.

Agreed. Not to mention, their top 4 was the best way to get the least amount of blood on their hands knowing that 2 future games within the current top 4 will make decisions for them. As the other poster mentioned, I've always thought the committee had done a pretty good job until this one. Not just saying because of Clemson's initial ranking.

I agree...but why not just let the AP decide who goes where

Nov 6, 2019, 1:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Seems the CFP let the outside noise completely dictate ]

if that is what they were trying to do.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why is this surprising? Of course they are influenced

Nov 6, 2019, 1:26 PM

by the non-stop media narrative. This is still a totally subjective process.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Just seems like the past years rankings did not fall in line

Nov 6, 2019, 1:31 PM

w/ all of the media's BS and they did their own thing. This year the 1st ranking is really no different than the AP. Not going to lie it could be my orange colored glasses...but they're the only ones I own.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,033
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic