Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
DeAndre Hopkins
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

DeAndre Hopkins

Jun 18, 2020, 8:06 AM

Scary encounter.

https://youtu.be/QTcTvKycgKk

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: DeAndre Hopkins

Jun 18, 2020, 8:25 AM

He is a little long winded, but I like his attitude. On a different note, I was pulled over driving across country and they called a drug dog in and emptied all of my stuff on the ground too. There were no drugs of course. They let me go without a citation. Just warned me to not drive so close to the shoulder of the road. They are just drug stings. They saw I had California plates and profiled me. I was driving from California to South Carolina. I can't imagine how often black guys must get profiled driving on road trips.

Follow The Police Instructions

Jun 18, 2020, 8:50 AM

and everything will be ok. Don't be a DUMBA$$ and listen.

Re: Follow The Police Instructions

Jun 18, 2020, 9:08 AM

No doubt, but bs stops like that are bs.

the problem is CBad that you're "imagining"

Jun 18, 2020, 9:14 AM

you're extrapolating. You infer pandemic racism because your extrapolation fits the mold.

But your extrapolation isn't facts. Only your one experience is actually fact - ACTUAL fact. Everything else is what you "imagine".

For the love of God will people please STOP inferring systemic racism? If you've got knowledge of a series of incidents that fit the systemic mold, then present them to the right authorities. Otherwise, stop using predisposed language that is incorrect, or at least unsubstantiated.

Re: the problem is CBad that you're "imagining"

Jun 18, 2020, 9:25 AM

There actually is in certain areas. Just a fact of life.

Most claims of systematic racism are not backed up with

Jun 18, 2020, 10:58 AM

actual racist policies; it actually is always directed at either a wealth gap or a morality gap. Race isn't the real issue, it is usually related to the differences between the strata of wealth and the wholeness of the family and the morality of upbringing.

The prisons aren't full of black people because they are black, they are full of low income people who did not have a strong moral upbringing who happen to be black. The other prisoners, who happen to be mostly white, are usually also from low income areas with little family values and moral consciousness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBWJC7LWq7I

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Re: Most claims of systematic racism are not backed up with

Jun 18, 2020, 1:42 PM

But the reasons for Blacks being overrepresented in these populations has objective systemic roots. Yes, the lines blur when you bring in classism, but the numbers are still skewed tremendously when you consider race. There is tons of data on redlining, sentencing comparisons, funding for schools, education, representation in media, incarceration, resume acceptance, and even police engagement comparisons using body camera footage for similar stops that show systemic racial bias.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

systemic roots does not equal systemic racism

Jun 18, 2020, 9:47 PM

They are two completely different things. One can be characterized purely as an attitude; the other as history. Once the complaining population begins to accept that systemic "attitudes" are not racist, then engagement can occur about what to do about root issues. Without that though it's just a bunch of emotionalism looking for a target. You're never going to get meaningful and long-lasting change that way. The very idea that any large percentage of white Americans are fundamentally biased against other races is simply devoid of usefulness or meaning.

When are the leaders of the African-American populace going to stopping beating their heads on that same wall, and start to accept more meaningful and productive viewpoints? I'm 60 years old and I'm tired of watching the same failing bylines over and over and over... can we move on soon, please?

Jun 18, 2020, 1:37 PM [ in reply to the problem is CBad that you're "imagining" ]

There is a young black man in our church who moved from Miami to Cali to play football at a local JUCO and lived with a family in our church. In 2 years he was pulled over more than 20 times riding his bicycle 3 miles from Manhattan Beach to his El Camino College during the day by police from 5 different precincts (El Segundo, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach, Redondo Beach, and Hawthorne PD's)… for no apparent reason. Usually it was, "We just wanted to check because you got the description of a burglary suspect in the area" or something similar. The last stop he was asked if he had ID on him and when he reached for his back pocket to provide the requested ID, the officer drew his weapon on him and thankfully another officer stepped in to get his ID for him. This is a sweet kid and not a big, menacing guy just trying to ride his bike to class. Would you consider this evidence? Did he not follow the rules? Would you say that things "worked out OK" that he was constantly harassed for his 2 years out here and had a gun pointed at him for following orders? I have tons of other examples if you like… And there are an incredible amount of supportive information out there to support systemic/structural/institutional racism if you genuinely research instead of using confirmation bias to gather only materials that support your stated view. It's real, it's still here, it affects people in horrible ways sometimes even leading to death. It's reality doesn't mean it is not relevant to talk about accountability for black on black violence to other pertinent issues. But it sure as heck doesn't help that there are so many in this country with their heads so deep in the sand so refusing to admit that the black community in particular has been disadvantaged egregiously more than any other in this country. And this is not a polar issue… one doesn't have to be on one side or the other… just honest and humble reflection on reality is all that is needed.

Jun 18, 2020, 3:09 PM

Definitely. The same thing would happen in my hometown in Southern California. If you were black you would have a really strong chance of getting stopped if you were just driving around looking at things. The cops would stop and ask questions for sure. I never had a black person in my schools from kindergarten until HS graduation. It just depends where you are.

again, this is WHAT is wrong with you people

Jun 18, 2020, 4:59 PM

I never said there were not some forms of "systemic racism" in this Country. I only said that YOU and EVERYONE ELSE should stop inferring it because of ONE EXAMPLE.

Your ONE EXAMPLE does not a trend make.

Your inference is not supported if there only exists ONE EXAMPLE.

Geez; too many posters on here simply do not have the necessary reading comprehension, logic, and bifurcation/analysis skills to be arguing the points that you seem to be EMOTIONALLY TIED TO.

YOU ARE NOT HELPING!

Further.... if ONE person on a bike was pulled over 20 times in less than a year, it still does not reflect SYSTEMIC RACISM Nationally, nor even geographically. Just like one putrid Cop Murderer - or even 10 yearly - does not reflect SYSTEMIC RACISM.

We're at the point where it's obvious that people don't want to let go of the Systemic Racism argument not because it's factual, but because it's Politically Useful. And believe me, as an American who would love to leave his kids a better country for all

YOU'RE NOT F****KING HELPING!

Re: again, this is WHAT is wrong with you people

Jun 18, 2020, 5:05 PM

I am not helping or hurting.

Re: again, this is WHAT is wrong with you people

Jun 19, 2020, 4:28 PM [ in reply to again, this is WHAT is wrong with you people ]

So the millions of black people with millions of stories aren't enough evidence? What proof do you need to see to believe racism exists?

Jun 18, 2020, 9:23 AM [ in reply to Follow The Police Instructions ]

What about when you are reaching for your ID in your car (per the police officers orders) and they shoot you anyway?

Jun 18, 2020, 10:21 AM [ in reply to Follow The Police Instructions ]

That's just not always the case . Most times it is and in most situations ... but it's being disingenuous to claim that simply following a police officer's instruction always leads to a care-free experience .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jun 18, 2020, 10:46 AM

being white helps, I had a nice officer this morning give me directions to work because all of the bridges were shut down and he told me the route with the least traffic. He was very nice and courteous to me, as I was to him.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

next time you should try to steal his taser***

Jun 18, 2020, 10:49 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I got pulled one time outside Abbeville for speeding, which

Jun 19, 2020, 4:07 PM [ in reply to Follow The Police Instructions ]

I was not doing. I crested a hill, saw the highway patrolman coming the other way, and looked down at the speedometer. 56. He said I was doing 75. Also accused me of running from him. Apparently he didn't like where and when I pulled over. He was a total jerk. Tried to fight it, and when I arrived at the magistrates court the patrolman and the judge were talking about deer hunting together. The fix was in! I was on the way to a bowl game. Can't remember which one.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In my 20's I was pulled over for a past due inspection.

Jun 18, 2020, 10:44 AM [ in reply to Re: DeAndre Hopkins ]

This was in Charlotte. The officer asked if I minded if he searched the vehicle. I instinctively said "I guess not". Well, he then called another unit which turned out to be a drug dog handler. I was thinking HE was going to give my car a quick once over, not call in the hounds.

The officer and dog then proceded to crawl through my car and toss all the junk on my back seat(and the car was full of junk the likes I NEVER would allow today) onto the floorboard and out the doors. The dog scratched vinyl on the console and left dog snot on the seats.

I did not smoke back then, but my friend did and he had used the ashtray. The officer pulled out the ashtray and dumped the ashes in the floorboards as well.

After they destroyed my car, they asked to look in the trunk and I complied. They ransacked the trunk as well.

And after all that I still got a ticket for being past inspection by a couple months.

I guess they did not understand my white privilege.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Re: In my 20's I was pulled over for a past due inspection.

Jun 18, 2020, 10:56 AM

Happened to my Mom maybe 15 years ago and she was about 60 years old at the time. She was driving a Uhaul and they ripped it apart. Of course they found nothing.

Re: In my 20's I was pulled over for a past due inspection.

Jun 18, 2020, 12:11 PM [ in reply to In my 20's I was pulled over for a past due inspection. ]

Hey Mr. Me Too. I guess you missed the part where the cop asked NUK's white girlfriend why she was with a black man. Your little story isn't the same.

If you were out of state license plate you always get nailed***

Jun 19, 2020, 2:01 PM [ in reply to In my 20's I was pulled over for a past due inspection. ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 18, 2020, 1:07 PM [ in reply to Re: DeAndre Hopkins ]

cbad, your knowledge of police tactics fit my knowledge of
the SpaceX rocket system. Just because they stopped NUK
doesn't mean that they are profiling black men. They also
stop white men in those type of operations. That's how they
slow down the drugs coming into the streets.

Jun 18, 2020, 1:46 PM [ in reply to Re: DeAndre Hopkins ]

I wonder what triggers LEOs to profile certain groups of people and not others???

Jun 18, 2020, 8:57 AM

I wonder if this could have happened on I-10. That road in La is notorious for people being stopped and shady police tactics (speed traps, illegal searches, etc). Not saying it was but it makes you wonder. What if he had legal pot for a medical reason or at least legal where he lives

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 18, 2020, 9:10 AM

I had to be 10. He was on the interstate driving from Texas to SC and was in Louisiana.

Jun 18, 2020, 9:23 AM

Louisiana is awful...they pull over everyone that might give them a chance to write a ticket...If Hopkins had Texas plates then he is first in line...they love to pull over anyone with a Texas plate and find something to give them a ticket for...Got pulled over once on a trip to Florida close to Lafayette...said I had a tail light out...got back there and it was on....just a loose bulb...when I looked he had a blinker light out and when I called it to his attention he told me that the stop was about me not him....obey all laws when you drive thru Louisiana...looks like Hopkins did!

Jun 18, 2020, 11:33 AM [ in reply to Re: DeAndre Hopkins ]

I-20 runs through Louisiana too but if he was in Jefferson Parish had to be I-10.

Good thing they didn’t know his role in 4th and16..

Jun 18, 2020, 10:09 AM

They might have shot him.??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very, very happy- very, very proud.

Some Cops Do Profile With Hidden Agendas ---

Jun 18, 2020, 1:48 PM

I got pulled over because the cop said the tint was too dark on my car. It was sunny as he!! at 11: 30pm. You could clearly see inside of my car. So we are on the side of the road and we are debating this nonsense...and I'm like limousines have tint 5 times darker than mine and you don't pull them over for tint. He was like yes we do.

Then he is like can you take your hands out of your pockets after they were in my pockets for the last 15 min. He said I was making him nervous. I said why should you be nervous?.....You are way taller than me and you have the gun......I'm the one that should be nervous. The pants I had on had pockets that were not deep enough for a weapon not to be seen. I got enough experiences with smart a$$ undercover racists cops.

Re: Some Cops Do Profile With Hidden Agendas ---

Jun 18, 2020, 3:03 PM

That's the biggest croc of hock that I have read lately. In
other words, thats a fib.

Re: Nope. ...No Fib...The Year Was 2005 ---

Jun 18, 2020, 3:26 PM

And correction.....11:30am....in September 2005

Agree! Very scary...

Jun 18, 2020, 1:55 PM

I have been pulled over a total of 10 times. I have been ticketed 3 times for speeding. Funny enough, all three tickets were in Clemson.

Of those 10 times I have had 2 bad experiences. The last time, the cop said I was trying to evade her because I saw her and tried to make a left turn right away....the way I always go home. She was a very nasty person and we argued over it for 5 minutes. Finally I told her to Google the best way to my house from my work. Doubt she did but Google would have told her to make that left.

However, my two bad experiences did not make me fear for my life. Just made me very much dislike the attitude of the person who pulled me over.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic