Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Just watched Biden's speech
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

Just watched Biden's speech

Aug 31, 2020, 2:35 PM

Where he blamed Donald Trump for all of the insane riots propagated by the far left. Just another wild attempt to gaslight the public into believing that this is all Trump's fault. He also didn't mention antifa at all, but was sure to call out "right wing militia groups"

I have a question though. Does he hold Kamala Harris to account when she posted on Twitter the link to the fund to bail rioters out of jail?

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1300461431461216258?s=20

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What was missing was a call for democrat mayors to...

Aug 31, 2020, 2:44 PM

enforce laws which are violated by Biden supporters and end the riots. Just like police reform, they would rather have the issue for political purpose than to end the violence.

Will someone tell me why the governors and mayors aren't taking the help Trump is offering to end the violence and murder?

American see this as simple. Either you want riots and don't care how much property is destroyed and who gets murdered or you don't.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If mayors aren't enforcing laws then who is

Aug 31, 2020, 2:52 PM

Kamala Harris bailing out of jail?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mayors aren't; Police are.....

Aug 31, 2020, 3:16 PM

Murcielago®

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's almost as bad as running on a position...

Aug 31, 2020, 2:47 PM

of law and order and that the country is in chaos and you're the only one that can fix it..... all while you're actually the sitting President of the United States.

Re: That's almost as bad as running on a position...

Aug 31, 2020, 2:50 PM

Aug 31, 2020, 3:15 PM

Only if he invokes the insurrection act. If Biden is elected national guard will be called to every hotspot. Some Democrat mayors and governors are and have been holding America hostage. My vocabulary is insufficient to express my rage over this with words.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 31, 2020, 3:36 PM

Are you supporting the POTUS invoking the insurrection act?

Aug 31, 2020, 3:11 PM [ in reply to That's almost as bad as running on a position... ]

That is the only thing he could do to end this violence without an invitation by mayors or governors. He has offered National Guard and sent them in response to every request.

You better ask him, no? He's the one saying he's the...

Aug 31, 2020, 3:19 PM

not me.

Frankly, I think the fed gov should play very little role in local peace, except when invited in by the governor.

Now, what he could do is to stop fanning the flames for personal political gains. He could make a speech worthy of a statesmen and not a permanent campaign rally. He actually resorted to calling the mayor of Portland names on twitter yesterday. Yeah, that's a real help Mr. President.

In a perverse way, he actually holds an extraordinary amount of power to defuse the situation around the country if he wanted to actually do that. No would ever expect that from him and it would/could have quite an effect.

Making a speech is always the solution to putting down...

Aug 31, 2020, 4:16 PM

an violent uprising. Even if every eye in America was on Trump and even if he admitted to every atrocity perpetrated on the earth since and including the crucifiction of Christ and resigned in shame the riots would not end. Democrats called for unrest with their words and they along hold the key to ending the violence unless the POTUS invokes the insurrection act.

Democrats promoted the violence, Trump did not. Democrats ignored the violence dismissing it as 'mostly peaceful protest,' Trump addressed it regularly. Trump offered national guard to quell the violent riots, democrats refused all offers except a few which are no longer suffering violent riots.'

The riots will end only with a show of force which lets the rioters know that their action will no longer be tolerated. Any speech addressing the riots should be to condemn the rioters and their actions. Anything less is a useless waste of breath. You can't negotiate with people who act only on emotions.

The polling must be devastating...but sleepy joe still cant

Aug 31, 2020, 4:34 PM

say the words BLM or antifa...coward

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

Re: Making a speech is always the solution to putting down...

Aug 31, 2020, 4:48 PM [ in reply to Making a speech is always the solution to putting down... ]

Agree. TDS cannot be cured by a speech.

Besides, the radical progressives (now the majority, apparently) won't watch Trump's speech anyway. They will wait for ucnt licker Maddow to tell her version of what Trump said, which will not be what he actually said.

Get it now?

especially when your words will be purposefully taken...

Aug 31, 2020, 5:28 PM [ in reply to Making a speech is always the solution to putting down... ]

out of context.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree...but Trump can't do what you list...

Aug 31, 2020, 8:16 PM [ in reply to Making a speech is always the solution to putting down... ]

He can't make a persuasive speech because he can't help tripping on his #### every time. He can't make a moving appeal for peace and order. He thrives on conflict and can't help himself to always put a little ( or a lot).

I've yet to see come out and at least pay lip service to the concerns of the peaceful protesters so he can then turn everyone against the non peaceful rioters.

And yeah, when you're POTUS speeches carry a neck of a lot of influence...Even more so if people respect you.

lines are being drawn of who stands where...

Aug 31, 2020, 3:32 PM [ in reply to That's almost as bad as running on a position... ]

it may be political, but it is an important thing to know.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Isn't it safe to say that based on Biden's and Trump's...

Aug 31, 2020, 3:57 PM

statements/tweets that they are both heavily opposed to violence and lawlessness?

I would dare say Biden's comments/positions have been more clear and understandable.

It was Trump who said, "when the looting starts, the shooting starts". The looting started a long time ago...what the heck has the President done about it? Both in actions or statements. I got the impression from Trump was that he was going to shoot the looters...right?

We will not agree on this...

Aug 31, 2020, 4:40 PM

I don’t think Biden is in favor of looting.

The fact is whether right or wrong, the public identifies the left with the rioting.

Trump can’t do anything without local authority consent. This is where the lines are being clearly drawn. Local politicians are declining. That does nothing to change perception, again whether right or wrong, that is what the data seems to suggest.

Somewhere today you posted that Trump could make a difference if he would extend an olive branch (not exact, but the gist). I think you are highly underestimating those that are against Trump and what is at stake for them. No way he can do anything to appease the Dems or the MSM. Biden was in Pittsburgh confirming that Trump has forfeited the right to deal with the problem.

I understand that Trump has offended you and crossed the line for what is right. I’m equally offended at all of the liars. Trump is playing politics right along with everybody else. Not sure how any is above the other.

flow must be a big fan of Teddy Wheeler***

Aug 31, 2020, 4:53 PM

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

I am more concerned...

Aug 31, 2020, 5:27 PM

with a crooked propaganda machine in a press that supports a party whose policies that I believe are damaging to our country and erosive to freedoms. And this is in no way new. It didn't start with Trump.

I don't care how mean Trump is. I don't care what a bad person he is (especially when the opponent are pieces of crap themselves). I will go to church on Sunday to hear a sermon. I don't need Trump to set an example for me.

No one talks about coronavirus being why there is violence. .

Aug 31, 2020, 6:27 PM

Interesting to me that no one wants to acknowledge on the right or left that if the virus had not come here the majority of this violence would not be happening. Both sides are just playing politics without acknowledging the real cause of the crime and violence, Its surprising to me that the Democrats have not focused on this fact more than they have.

Trump was clearly very unlucky that this pandemic happened to him just before the election. No maatter who was the president this pandemic is a huge problem for the president looking over this no matter what.

The only part of trumps pandemic response that is indefensible is making wearing a mask political. I’m not sure anyone can say with a clear conscience that was the right thing to do. Yes, I know how effective masks are is controversial, with many different opinions. But in my opinion I am convinced that the recent improvement with our coronavirus numbers is because after the spike earlier this summer people realized this is serious and you have to follow the rules of social distancing and wearing a mask. You can argue how affective mask are, but I’m just not capable of believing it has no impact at all. Trumps leadership when it comes to masks was just terrible. What’s so frustrating is it would’ve been so easy for him to just promote wear a mask and he didn’t do it.

about the masks

Aug 31, 2020, 6:46 PM

see, I know he made a statement, "I don't think I'll be wearing one," which I think was unwise. And yes, it helped add to the politicization of mask-wearing. But I firmly believe that no one who argued against masks were taking their marching orders from Trump. Most of these people made up their mind about masks and were complaining about other mitigation measures. They didn't even like that they had to walk one-way down grocery store aisles. They considered that an infringement of their rights. Perhaps we can blame that on Fox News or talk radio, but Trump never said to not wear one.

The only other option he had was to make mask wearing a mandate.

Re: about the masks

Aug 31, 2020, 7:10 PM

Franc, I respect your opinion because you’re not a Trump is right no matter what poster. And I understand what you are saying. But I can’t agree with you that trumps leadership did not affect the attitude of the non-mask wearing Mavericks. That’s his base, we can all agree on that. I get that the healthcare professionals put out a lot of confusing information early on, but I felt like in April or early May whenever it was when all the health professionals agreed it was the right thing to do that he should’ve promoted that more and not allowed his rallies with people close together with no face mask. I just don’t understand how that can be defended.

I know the overwhelming majority of my posts criticize Trump. There are several things I like about him. But this masks issue I just can’t shake as it would’ve been so easy for him to do the right thing. I don’t think he’s just an evil person that had no regard at all for American lives, I just think he just made a huge miscalculation.

no I understand...

Aug 31, 2020, 7:57 PM

I'm not arguing no effect, I just believe it didn't have as big effect as is made. We're good to differ

Huge fan...love him and everything he stands for!***

Aug 31, 2020, 8:19 PM [ in reply to flow must be a big fan of Teddy Wheeler*** ]

I agree nothing Trump says would matter. If this was early in his

Aug 31, 2020, 9:55 PM [ in reply to We will not agree on this... ]

presidency I think it would carry a fair amount of weight, but at this point no one takes anything he says seriously. Everyone would know he wasn’t being sincere, and no one can trust his words and he’s not believable, as most of what he says is usually a lie.

He’s lost the ability to have a uniting voice with his words and actions over the last 3.5 years.

Re: Just watched Biden's speech

Aug 31, 2020, 2:54 PM

These are liberal groups, rioting in liberal cities, with liberal mayors, and liberal city councils, promoting radical liberal causes, and supported by liberal money.

Joe Biden: Trump did it!!

Hilarious and true tweet by Dan Bongino.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just watched Biden's speech

Aug 31, 2020, 4:18 PM

That tweet deserves its own thread.

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic