Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A coach's job is to win football games. Read before reaction
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1,469

A coach's job is to win football games. Read before reaction

Apr 19, 2014, 7:58 AM

Winning is the measuring stick and how a coach is ultimately viewed for performance.

To win football games, you put the best player on the field regardless of any other circumstance, including religion.

The idea that a coach would curtail playing time for any reason other than patently bad behavior is ludicrous. And I said behavior... not belief. Anything else would be patently shooting oneself in the foot.

Logically speaking, FFRF has NO clue.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Those idgits don't care about reason and logic...

Apr 19, 2014, 8:03 AM

they just want to push their agenda on everyone else.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Push their agenda and fund raise off the issue

Apr 19, 2014, 8:31 AM

They are no different than Jessie Jackson or Sharpton. They need funds to stay in business....

Re: Push their agenda and fund raise off the issue

Apr 19, 2014, 8:36 AM

That is exactly what these folks are about. Anyone in the country who can claim to be repressed is capable of raising tremendous amounts of money.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've know a few atheist.

Apr 19, 2014, 8:31 AM [ in reply to Those idgits don't care about reason and logic... ]

The 'atheist.' I know are religious people. They are mad at God because they don't like the way He runs His universe. They are just ignorant enough to think the most insulting thing they can do is say God isn't real.

In order to really hurt God one must know Him and know His promises. Doubting His resolve to keep His promises hurts Him like nothing else. You see, when I promised my children something then due to their impatient they began to believe I had made the promise lightheartedly and without due resolve, I felt what He feels when we judge Him unfaithful.

It's a fearful thing to judge God unfaithful. Remember when the angel promised Sarah, Abraham's wife, would conceive a child? She was about 90 years old at the time. She laughed right in the face of God. Then, the Bible say, she considered who had promised and judged Him faithful.

Having done both I can testify that saying He doesn't exist does not compare to judging Him unfaithful.

That was my first though this morning when I awoke. I felt enough remorse for the guilty of my wrongful judgements of Him that I wept.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Those idgits don't care about reason and logic...

Apr 19, 2014, 11:18 AM [ in reply to Those idgits don't care about reason and logic... ]

sounds a lot like another message board group I know.

Re: Those idgits don't care about reason and logic...

Apr 19, 2014, 11:28 AM [ in reply to Those idgits don't care about reason and logic... ]

agree!! and do all the damage they can in the process!! they are like c$$ts in this regard

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

a legal argument doesn't have to make common sense.***

Apr 19, 2014, 8:04 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: a legal argument doesn't have to make common sense.***

Apr 19, 2014, 8:14 AM

All these weirdos up in Wisconsin care about is getting some exposure, which they must need. All I say is bring it on because it is only making Clemson stronger.

sure, and all they need is one former player or staff member

Apr 19, 2014, 8:26 AM

to look back and say, "i never thought about it that way".

i'm with you, they're poking a stick in an anthill waiting to see what crawls up.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Think what it says that not one person has.***

Apr 19, 2014, 8:37 AM

Re: a legal argument doesn't have to make common sense.***

Apr 19, 2014, 9:12 AM [ in reply to a legal argument doesn't have to make common sense.*** ]

sure agree!! look @ obamacare!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A coach's job is to win football games. Read before reaction

Apr 19, 2014, 8:39 AM

Disagree.
Yes,the main goal is to win football games.That's how he keeps his job.
But winning football games requires a student athlete
to main a certain grade level to continue playing.And I don't care if that player is a bench warmer,or Tajh Boyd.If Boyd,or Sammy,or a C.J.Spiller don't maintain their grades,they don't play.And it is part of a HC's job to see that his players are preforming in the classroom,as well as on the field.
It is also a coaches responsibilty to see that a student athlete is not disruptive,either on the field or off the field.Reference Chad Kelly recent dismissal.
Or if you don't believe that scenario,just ask Spurrier about Stephen Garcia.
Those two things are circumstances a HC must address,every day,and every season.
And I didn't have to mention FFRF,now did I?

Re: Leftie

Apr 19, 2014, 1:57 PM

What you are saying are different aspects of "behavior". Thanks for clarifying many items that I thought would be intuitive.

Re: A coach's job is to win football games. Read before reaction

Apr 19, 2014, 10:26 AM

Dabo's job has not been defined as soley winning games. He has been charged with a great deal more and was rewarded with an 8 yr contract for the way he handles the job.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1,469
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic