Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Zion made the right decision.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Zion made the right decision.

Jan 20, 2018, 10:13 PM

We don't like it. I don't like it. Brad Brownell doesn't like it. But we can't blame Zion Williamson.

He's doing exactly what we expect Clemson football recruits to do. We tell them to come to Clemson where they can win a national championship. They hear that and they WANT that. Who can blame them?

"Let's win a national championship" is what Zion Williamson heard, and he darned well may be able to see it come to pass. How many of us think that ZW would have had an equal chance of a natty if he played at Clemson? None of us.

So, let's suck it up and move on.

Let's congratulate ZW on his choice. He seems like a very good kid.

And let's congratulate Brad Brownell and our Tiger BB team because they are playing great basketball right now and, who knows, they may "shock the world" just like ZW said he was going to do tonight.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Zion made the right decision.

Jan 20, 2018, 10:21 PM

I actually believed with the core and progress we have made that a dominant player very well could have put us in position. Cinderella has won it all before, back when College Basketball was much deeper. Before the straight to the NBA and the one and dones. It is College Basketball, not football.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 20, 2018, 10:25 PM

Well....I don't pull for the dukies except when the play the tarholes. So, I hope he loses every game
he plays for that arrogant ratface except for two. Now, I know better that's just what I hope.

Agreed.

Jan 20, 2018, 10:25 PM

If he's planning on being one and done then Clemson isn't the place for him. Every team we play will double team him making it harder for him to be a high draft pick. Plus, he can go to duke, put up insane stats, maybe win a natty and go first overall in the draft. Cant blame him on the decision

Will be getting no congratulations from me. Sorry I’m not sorry

Jan 20, 2018, 10:28 PM

Go play for mr mouse Olympic coach with his “been there done that” program or be a SUPERSTAR, make history, and leave a Legacy at Clemson?

Took the easy road

Re: Will be getting no congratulations from me. Sorry I’m not sorry

Jan 21, 2018, 7:37 AM

He took the smart road not the easy one.

I don't know that he did, but I respect it.

Jan 20, 2018, 10:37 PM

By all accounts he's a great kid, and a lot of kids have done extremely well by going to DOOK, so I get it. I have no reason not to wish him well. Having said that I hope we pound the shid out of those arrogant, entitled floppers every time we play them - sorry, Zion.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Yeah you have to look at it through these recruits' eyes

Jan 20, 2018, 10:38 PM

Agree.

Jan 20, 2018, 11:00 PM

If I had a son in his position I would be disappointed if he picked somewhere like Clemson. He will play with better players, get better coaching, play in bigger games, have an excellent shot at conference and national championships, etc. He made the right decision for him and surprised any of y'all find fault in that. I wish him well. Seems like a good kid.

Jan 20, 2018, 11:11 PM

Most sensible post tonight. People on here would have destroyed Christian Wilkins if stayed home to go to BC.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic