Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Zamir White
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

Zamir White

May 30, 2017, 2:23 PM

Picked up another CB for OSU today. He's had a few non-Georgia CB's lately. Just find it interesting that not everybody out there believes he's a total lock for UGA. It will definitely be fun to watch him pull out whatever hat he chooses a few weeks from now; I think we may be in for a surprise.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Still think he will be a Dawg***

May 30, 2017, 2:44 PM

Snowflake Basher........Out

Re: Still think he will be a Dawg***

May 30, 2017, 3:04 PM

I would guess they are still the favorites. But I think they might be sweating it a little more than they were before down in Athens.

Mom mentioned several times that distance is a factor, I'm not convinced OSU is 2nd for him. I think he'll stay closer to hom;. But just imo. Nobody has any idea what this kids thinking. Makes it a lot more exciting!

Re: Still think he will be a Dawg***

Jun 1, 2017, 6:14 PM [ in reply to Still think he will be a Dawg*** ]

Agree, I think he's a Ga commitment already.

So weird, how it seems, SEEMS...Clemson wasn't given much of a chance.

It appears that our coaches feel we have a good shot.

May 30, 2017, 2:48 PM

Apparently we are holding off on any other RBs until we find out what ZW does. Of course, so are a few others, so...

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Zamir White

May 30, 2017, 3:13 PM

Is he coming back on campus before he picks? I thought he was coming to the all in cookout but isn't that in July?

May 30, 2017, 4:05 PM

Mom says there's a chance he might push his commitment back, if he's still unsure. If he does commit later in the year, it would be big to get him on campus a few more times.

However if our coaching staff is in 'wait and see mode' as far as pursuing other backs, I'd rather him commit sooner than later in case we need to find someone else.

May 30, 2017, 5:42 PM

Me too! I hope White makes his decision because any more delays will hurt us with the other backs on the board.

May 30, 2017, 3:58 PM

Indeed. I believe so

May 30, 2017, 4:10 PM

I noticed a few Clemson crystal balls too. I still
think Georgia but who knows.

May 30, 2017, 5:24 PM

Still got XT and TL in his ear. one never knows.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 30, 2017, 5:45 PM

The longer he waits the better I guess

May 30, 2017, 7:39 PM

From a few hours ago

http://clemson.247sports.com/Article/Another-update-on-five-star-running-back-Zamir-White--52954389

looks interesting - wish I could read it.***

May 30, 2017, 7:51 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 30, 2017, 7:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Zamir White ]

Can you cut and paste for those of us too poor for a membership? :)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 30, 2017, 8:00 PM

(Photo: Keith Niebuhr , 247Sports)
In talking to a couple of people with first-hand knowledge of the recruitment of five-star running back Zamir White, odds are good that Georgia, Clemson, Ohio State, and North Carolina comprise the top four, but not necessarily in that order.

Alabama's still in the conversation but seemingly not at the forefront.

Where White ends up is likely dependent on how much influence his mother has in the recruitment.

--- Ohio State is likely White's personal favorite largely based on White's relationship with Tony Alford and the success of Ezekiel Elliott. White has communicated such to the Buckeyes. Ohio State is not the preferred choice of White's mom, however. It appears the Buckeyes still have some ground to make up to reach a point where she's comfortable with White landing in Columbus.

--- Georgia still seems to be mom's favorite. What is less clear is how high White himself is on the Bulldogs. Particular opposition is using the fact that Georgia has just two commitments in the 2018 class to shed a non-flattering light on the Bulldogs, and that has apparently resonated with him to an extent.

--- North Carolina can tout the closest distance from home and is where Jonathan Smith, White's closest childhood friend, plays. The Heels shouldn't be totally discounted for both of those reasons. "Fallback option" as it relates to UNC was the term used because both White and White's mom aren't opposed to the idea of being a Tar Heel.

In other words, a compromise of sorts ...

--- Clemson remains an option. Of the contenders, the Tigers have been subject to the most extreme highs and lows in terms of reported pecking order of best chances to land White. Similar to UNC, Clemson presents a neutral option so to speak.

No known future visits are being reported. A decision date of June 27, White's mother's birthday, is scheduled but is subject to change.

May 30, 2017, 8:12 PM

Thanks. Mom wants one school and son wants another school. What is her infatuation with Georgia?

May 30, 2017, 8:38 PM

$$$

Jk. I have no clue

**it really could be $ though

May 30, 2017, 8:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Zamir White ]

My b is the 28th.

I have a good feeling. Have all along

May 30, 2017, 8:57 PM

B day *

May 30, 2017, 9:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Zamir White ]

Mine too!!

May 30, 2017, 8:00 PM

The 2 CB's he picked up today are both from elevenwarriors....OSU's fan site. Not sure if it's just wishful thinking...

May 30, 2017, 9:44 PM

Good for him. Here's my CB take. I'm over the ZW saga. Have fun getting beat up in that dawg pen they call gawga.

Come on Tigers go get another back that wants to be all in!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 30, 2017, 10:02 PM

If the facts of that article are true and I think they are, We really aren't in the picture for White. Based on what 247 is reporting, he is genuinely interested in Ohio State but it's too far for his mother. Is the UNC the compromise choice? If his mother has her way, he's a dog. The ATM machines must be empty of cash in Athens. We need to move on because he's not hot on us.

May 31, 2017, 5:38 AM

Like I said, TL and XT are still in his ear. If "us" means usuck, you are correct. ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 31, 2017, 7:34 AM

Whens he scheduled to announce?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

June 27th***

May 31, 2017, 3:21 PM

Jun 2, 2017, 12:47 AM [ in reply to Re: Zamir White ]

If the facts of the article were True, rashan gary would be with Clemson and XT would of been with The coots . Let it play out mon.

Y'all must not of been around to see how HIGH he got on clemson

Jun 2, 2017, 12:45 AM [ in reply to Re: Zamir White ]

Just so you know, You sound like the same guys that said, "I'm over XT"
"He's a coot lifer I just know it"

You're over an 17/18 year old?

Let the young man make his decision. You see what XT did.

Shut d hel up

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic