Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Zamir White - for what it's worth
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Zamir White - for what it's worth

Apr 12, 2017, 10:33 AM

I live just south of Raleigh, NC and was in Walmart yesterday. A kid came up to me trying to sell me DirectTV. We talked about that for a second and I asked him where he's from. He said, "I'm from up in Scotland County". I asked if he was from Laurinburg and he said yes. I asked him if he knew Zamir White? A huge smile broke out on his face and he shook my hand and said,"That's great, you remind me of home. Yes I know Zamir, he's a friend of mine." (So you'll know, Scotland County, NC is in the sticks with not much there. They are all so proud of Zamir and all the national attention he's getting as the #1 RB.)

So, of course, I said "TELL HIM TO GO TO CLEMSON". He smiled and said that Zamir likes Clemson. I asked him if he was still a Georgia lean and he said yes but Clemson is not out of it.

We talked a minute and I told him, "Tell Zamir that Georgia has had some of the best running backs in the country,there is no doubt, but they don't win championships. In the last 5 years Ga. has won zero conference championships, but Clemson has won 2 Conference Championships, a BCS bowl, has won 2 CFB playoffs, gone to the Finals twice and won a National Championship." I also told him that we've just committed the #1 and #3 recruits nationwide and are perhaps building the greatest recruiting class in history. He said he would tell him.

Not sure if this kid will tell Zamir so take it with a grain of slaw. But he did say that Clemson was not out of it.

Message was edited by: Felix2®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Zamir White - for what it's worth

Apr 12, 2017, 10:43 AM

Did you switch to DirecTV????

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 12, 2017, 10:46 AM

Not yet, probably will. Time Warner/Spectrum is killing me.

Apr 12, 2017, 11:39 AM

If you cared about this, you would have sacrificed the money and bought that god-damn DirecTV from Zamir's friend. Now there's no chance he's coming to Clemson.

Not yet? Dangit man, that is no way to close the deal

Apr 12, 2017, 12:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Zamir White - for what it's worth ]

Are you really a Clemson man or not?

:)

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

grade***

Apr 12, 2017, 10:49 AM

Re: grade***

Apr 12, 2017, 10:54 AM

slaw confuses me.

Hey #2...

Apr 12, 2017, 10:54 AM [ in reply to grade*** ]

You did good at the Walmart! Gonna let DaBO know & try to get you a free pass into next year's Spring Game in DV! LoL

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hey #2...

Apr 12, 2017, 10:57 AM

U da man Bill! :)

Swofford may ban us from Walmart for this ... Thanks :)***

Apr 12, 2017, 11:12 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 12, 2017, 11:19 AM

Welp, that will prolly change his mind,lol. So basically you told the kid to tell AS what he already knows, hmmmm

Did you tell him to tell Zamir he doesn't have to block

Apr 12, 2017, 11:37 AM

At Clemson because he is a runner.

Could be the the clinching selling point!

Apr 12, 2017, 11:39 AM

Zamir watches Clemson football on U-Verse .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

for what it's worth I live 30 minutes away

Apr 12, 2017, 11:52 AM

His HS coach's wife taught my daughter . They remain pals.

Scotland county and the area around it has produced Ty Crowder and Stephone Anthiny along with Jim Riggs for Clemson.

Sadly a lot of kids from that area end up at UNC. With that being said Gurley's success at Georgia has a lot to do with Zamir looking hard at Georgia

Maybe his success at Clemson running behind what may be the best OL in recent memory will change that.

We will all find out for certain in 2 months

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: for what it's worth I live 30 minutes away

Apr 12, 2017, 12:21 PM

The Gurley experience is a big thing no doubt. Every high school running back wants to be a Walker or a Gurley. Spiller had a great career at Clemson but our running back tradition is lacking. We get wide receivers for the same reason that backs go to Georgia. I hope we change Whites mind.

Apr 12, 2017, 12:12 PM

He 'll probably tell ZW that he met this crazy guy in Walmart rambling about Clemson does this and that and they'll probably get a good laugh out of it.

I think we'll all sleep a little bit better knowing that

Apr 12, 2017, 12:24 PM

a DirectTV salesman is going to pass your message along to Zamir White. Every little edge helps.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work hard. Rock hard. Eat hard. Sleep hard. Grow big. Wear glasses if you need 'em - The Webb Wilder credo

It's time we stop, hey, what's that sound

Apr 12, 2017, 12:53 PM

Everybody look what's going down

Apr 14, 2017, 9:24 AM

I wish I could meet someone close to him and tell him the truth about UGA I live here in Athens and the whole family atmosphere of the program is not what it seams. Former players do not come around especially players from the last conference championship because they hate the program now.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic