Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Zach Lentz reports the DL is staying!!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

Zach Lentz reports the DL is staying!!

Jan 13, 2018, 6:11 PM

http://thetandd.com/sports/clemson-football-sources-say-d-linemen-staying/article_57f4b380-321b-5480-af01-4a39fec0da6b.html#tracking-source=home-breaking

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

Re: Zach Lentz reports the DL is staying!!

Jan 13, 2018, 6:21 PM

If this is true, watch out baby!!!!!!!!!!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That would be insane. Returning literally everyone

Jan 13, 2018, 6:26 PM

(starters and back ups) from arguably the best DL in CFB and then adding Xavier Thomas and getting Yeargin back from injury.

Re: That would be insane. Returning literally everyone

Jan 13, 2018, 6:27 PM

> (starters and back ups) from arguably the best DL in
> CFB and then adding Xavier Thomas and getting Yeargin
> back from injury.
Don't forget K.J.....

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 13, 2018, 6:31 PM

> > (starters and back ups) from arguably the best DL in
> > CFB and then adding Xavier Thomas and getting Yeargin
> > back from injury.
> Don't forget K.J.....

Don't forget Justin Mascoll, Josh Bell, and Darnell Jefferies either.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well SOMEBODY is going to have to redshirt.

Jan 13, 2018, 6:33 PM

It's one thing to have depth, but it's another thing to have 16 guys that could start for the coots.

Re: Well SOMEBODY is going to have to redshirt.

Jan 13, 2018, 6:36 PM

Shockingly... it would actually be 19 guys on the DL if all 3 come back

True, but Ferrell, Bryant, Wilkins, Robinson, Huggins

Jan 13, 2018, 6:59 PM

Yeargin, Register, and likely Lawrence would all leave together. That is 8 players. We would need to sign 4-5 more DL guys in the next class, just to get back to where we were in number of DL players available for the 2017 season.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: True, but Ferrell, Bryant, Wilkins, Robinson, Huggins

Jan 13, 2018, 7:21 PM

Just think of it as 5. The other 3 are bonus for next year and some of the other 5 may stay

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well SOMEBODY is going to have to redshirt.

Jan 13, 2018, 7:30 PM [ in reply to Well SOMEBODY is going to have to redshirt. ]

We have 16 guys from our 1981 team that could start for the coots.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very true. Only our DL could be good enough to make me

Jan 13, 2018, 6:31 PM [ in reply to Re: That would be insane. Returning literally everyone ]

forget an incoming 5-star DE.

Jan 13, 2018, 6:33 PM [ in reply to Re: That would be insane. Returning literally everyone ]

Hope this is true and If this is and I was coaching an opponents school, I would just forfeit so my players would stay healthy. These guys with the backups, total disaster for opponents. Watch out you dumb coots, you are doomed.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If true this will be Clemson's best D-Line ever***

Jan 13, 2018, 7:08 PM

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Re: If true this will be Clemson's best D-Line ever***

I truly think it'll be one of the most dominant in college football history.

Jan 13, 2018, 7:21 PM [ in reply to If true this will be Clemson's best D-Line ever*** ]

I think it already was last year

Jan 13, 2018, 7:26 PM

I agree with you - have to give props to Bama's motivation and their game plan. They took away our pass rush with the quick screens etc. By the time we adjusted it was too late.

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Defense played well enough to win the game.

Jan 13, 2018, 10:32 PM

Not dominant, but did plenty, and more than could be expected given how long they were on the field. Bama still had four more minutes TOP over the game, but that includes our ridiculous six to eight minute drive in the fourth quarter.

The defense held up admirably given the position they were put in.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lentz is simply quoting Tony Pauline and Pauline is the worst sort of twitter hack.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Actually he's "claiming" multiple sources.

Jan 13, 2018, 7:27 PM

Whether his "claims" true or not, well, that's another story .

I'm embarrassed for you right now.***

Jan 13, 2018, 8:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Zach Lentz reports the DL is staying!! ]

Re: I'm embarrassed for you right now.***

Jan 13, 2018, 8:54 PM

“Tony Pauline, NFL Draft analyst and publisher of DraftAnalyst.com, further confirmed the sources stating on Twitter, “… Clemson coaches are telling people they (are) reasonably confident all three defensive linemen, Christian Wilkins, Clelin Ferrell & Austin Bryant will return to Clemson this season.” - this is the only named source other than the ridiculous assertion that Dabo Swinney told him so. If you think Dabo shared their intentions on the reco

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 13, 2018, 8:57 PM

...on the record before they were ready to announce then I have a bridge to sell you. Pauline has been featured on 107.5 in Columbia numerous times and has specialized in bashing our players. He a may comeback but Lentz nor Pauline have any more idea than you or I.

Jan 13, 2018, 9:08 PM

"Clemson will retain the services of two of the most dominant players in college football for another season, according to multiple sources and head coach Dabo Swinney."

Jan 13, 2018, 10:19 PM

So - now that he’s been proven wrong - what would you like to quote me? Or do you believe Wilkins told Swinney he was staying, Swinney immediately called this one and only reporter to go on the record with, then Wilkins changed his mind? Seems more likely a local reporter saw someone else going on the record and thought he’d play his hand. If you’re still sticking with this guy you’re calling Coach Swinney a liar. Pick your side.

Zach's sources were correct

Jan 15, 2018, 5:30 PM

The final announcement from Christian Wilkins was just delayed. Your original post declared that Zach Lentz didn't have any sources other than Tony Pauline and accused him of being a twitter hack.

"Lentz is simply quoting Tony Pauline and Pauline is the worst sort of twitter hack."

You shouldn't denigrate a journalist's character like that without proof. He said he had multiple sources. The reference to Tony Pauline was just additional confirmation of his own work.

Peace out.

Re: Zach's sources were correct

Jan 15, 2018, 8:17 PM

Wilkins and Swinney contradicted Lentz. If you think Swinney told Lentz unequivocably, as his article states, that Wilkins was coming back then you are a fool. Lentz either betrayed something told off the record or simply made it up - that is self-evident and deserving of denigration.

Re: Zach's sources were correct

Jan 15, 2018, 8:47 PM

Lentz never stated that Swinney told him personally. That's not even in the article as you claim. The original article didn't even reference Dabo Swinney at all. The online article was updated after Dabo Swinney publicly confirmed that Austin Bryant and Clelin Ferrell were coming back at the team awards banquet. You falsely attribute that to a claim by Lentz that he had Dabo Swinney as a source.

Jan 13, 2018, 7:23 PM

https://gph.is/1nqsqwU

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic