Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I still can't believe this wasn't called
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

I still can't believe this wasn't called

Nov 28, 2017, 11:53 AM
Facemask.JPG(54.7 K)

He about pulled his head off.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep ... that and Skai Moore's second late hit on Bryant ...

Nov 28, 2017, 11:57 AM

It was pretty obvious that the SCAR players were giving everything they had into trying to get a brawl started.

Prior to this game they were "the least penalized team in the SEC" according to the announcers.

Something radically changed Saturday night.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I kept thinking the game felt like 2004

Nov 28, 2017, 12:04 PM

Many borderline late hits and physical play that was crossing the line and the refs seemed to be reluctant to rein in.

As isolated incidents I could understand some not being called, but at some point the calls have to be made to maintain order. The second late hit on Bryant comes to mind, that's a play that I've never like seeing called on it's own. It was a hit that was right at the line, and I can see giving the benefit of the doubt to the defender, except that it was consistent. Hard late hits have to eventually be reined in, and that was, by rule, a hit that should be flagged.

As for this call, I agree the ref was shielded for much of the play, but at the end he has a perfect view (or should have had a perfect view) of the defender's arms extended as he pulls the receiver down by the helmet. Bad call.

But, I'm proud of the Tigers not taking the bait like we did in 2004.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The ref was going to flag him, but saw it was #10 and pushed

Nov 28, 2017, 12:21 PM [ in reply to Yep ... that and Skai Moore's second late hit on Bryant ... ]

the flag back into his belt.

It was obvious.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The ref was going to flag him, but saw it was #10 and pushed

Nov 28, 2017, 12:33 PM

I think it had more to do with which sideline he was standing on

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I still can't believe this wasn't called

I am always amazed at the stuff missed that is obvious that replay then has to correct. ACC is bad but other conferences arent great either

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I doubt it was seen.

I've looked at the film a couple times and it appears to me that the view of the official in the best position to see that was obscured by the defender's body. They didn't seem to hesitate to make calls except for the fan participation missed calls. Maybe they missed one late hit call too.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yup. A ref was right there too and seemed to see it.

Nov 28, 2017, 12:00 PM

Even if he thought it was incidental he should have thrown a flag.

Then there was another time where we got hit late out of bounds. The ref had his hand on the flag and was going to throw, but for some inexplicable reason he chose to not do it. I guess it was sympathy? Or was it flat out crooked?

And there actually was a flag on the late hit

Nov 28, 2017, 12:05 PM

But then the ref who grabbed his flag and didn't throw it, talked the one who did throw it out of the penalty.

Geez. Even worse.

Nov 28, 2017, 12:32 PM

Curious how they rationalized it. Unreal.

Re: Yup. A ref was right there too and seemed to see it.

Nov 28, 2017, 12:05 PM [ in reply to Yup. A ref was right there too and seemed to see it. ]

Was it an ACC officiating crew at the game? I believe when we play down there, it's an ACC crew and when we play them in Clemson it's an SEC crew. Am I right on this or is it the other way around? Anyway, if it was an ACC crew Saturday night, it would explain a lot! We have the worst officials in the ACC of any D-1 conference, hands down.

SCar's fans, alumni, players, students and administration

Nov 28, 2017, 12:25 PM

are all trash. Every. Single. One.

Screw them.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

I think the real aspect of that photo is ...

Nov 28, 2017, 12:25 PM

... little Jamyest holding on for dear life after he got roasted by Tee.

Tee is almost a foot taller than him and Jamyest is going to have to try to cover him for 2 or 3 more years. Good luck little Jamyest!

Re: I think the real aspect of that photo is ...

Nov 28, 2017, 1:08 PM

Ref was too dumbfounded to throw a flag. Couldn’t believe they put a midget on Higgins!

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic