Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Just got in an argument
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

Just got in an argument

Apr 26, 2014, 10:18 PM

Forgive me. I've may have been drinking. Is it just me, or is Clemson not a great football school. There's not many 15k student body schools with the caliber of talent, facilities, and results we field. We don't have 35-50k like most sec or other top 10 schools. Our donor base is smaller yet more willing. We achieve more with less than most and it's unnoticed. We never take that into account. Can't name many others with he exception of Standord (only recently) that does sooo much with such a small alumni base. We should be proud. All my friends say we always under achieve. Then i reference the comparison to schools with 4x the alumni or donor base and they shut up quickly. I'm proud to be a tiger!! Can't wait till we will win all. It's be like like Vandy winning tbe sec and nc

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just got in an argument

Apr 26, 2014, 10:19 PM

Slight adjustment. I was in fact drinking. My apologies!! Ha

well, miami was a football power like we can

Apr 26, 2014, 10:22 PM

only dream of..and they are a much smaller student body and alumni base..there may be others.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GoTiguhs!!

miami was all from Schnellenberger getting the thugs off the FL streets and

Apr 26, 2014, 10:23 PM

into uniforms.

http://espn.go.com/30for30/film?page=the-u

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: well, miami was a football power like we can

Apr 26, 2014, 10:25 PM [ in reply to well, miami was a football power like we can ]

Miami cheated and if you count the 80s and 90s... We won an NC too.

Also that was before huge tv contracts and money hand over fist but good point. Call them the old Stanford BC they aren't there now.....

and we didn't cheat to get it?

Apr 26, 2014, 10:41 PM

i'm an 83 grad, was at the orange bowl when we won it, and still believe that winning the natty was worth breaking the rules for..but don't pretend that there anyone's closets can be duisted with white gloves.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GoTiguhs!!

Re: and we didn't cheat to get it?

Apr 26, 2014, 10:49 PM

100% agreed. My point is student body size, alumni base, etc. Our grads and fans give enough(so much) back to compete with schools 3-4x our size and shine. That's something to be proud of. In today's game with all the parity and competition. It's the days of only Norte dame, USC (Cali one), etc.

We're a small school gaining BIG time publicity for what our boys are doing. That has A LOT to do with what WE as fans are contributing back bc We'Re proud to be tigers. I'll end me fight there.

I would just say its the Big 10 schools with huge student

bodies.

Re: I would just say its the Big 10 schools with huge student

Apr 26, 2014, 10:29 PM

Most sec schools are 40k students. I grew up fl a gator fan and they are near 50k now. Bama, uga, tenn are the same. Only auburn and Vandy are amaller but auburn buys churches for players

Apr 26, 2014, 10:34 PM

quick google search so not stating its accuracy, but it looks right to me.

1) Texas A&M: 49, 861
2) Florida: 49, 589
3) Mizzou: 33, 805
4) UGA: 33, 367
5) 'Bama: 31, 747
6) LSU: 28, 985
7) UT: 27, 523
8) UK: 27, 209
9) AU: 25, 469
10) Ark: 23, 199
11) MSU: 21, 424
12) OM: 16, 586 in Oxford, 20, 844. Either way same position
13) Vandy: 12, 714

*South Carolina: 45, 774 state-wide system, 30,721 in Columbia. So SC is either 3rd or 6th.

Fsu is big to, and vt keeps getting bigger I think vt is up

Apr 27, 2014, 6:12 AM

Over 25 headed to 30

Apr 27, 2014, 8:30 AM [ in reply to Re: I would just say its the Big 10 schools with huge student ]

Stanford less than 6k.

Clemson is moving to about 20k.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

but, you're right..proud to be a tiger***

GoTiguhs!!

You've definitely been drinking...

Apr 26, 2014, 10:33 PM

But you're right, Clemson has a ton to be proud of for a tiny, little school in South Carolina.

Notre Dame's obviously the class of the little schools, but we're doing pretty well.

Re: You've definitely been drinking...

Apr 26, 2014, 10:36 PM

Admitted it full as a disclaimer. Beta testing 1st cookout so i don't harm anyone. Second time lucky.

Notre dame may be the most overrated team of the last 10 years. Again, their glory years were decades ago. Different era.

Apr 26, 2014, 10:42 PM

Sounds familiar, sure you were not talking about Clemson?

Apr 26, 2014, 11:09 PM

Saturday night on a rival's message board. Nice.

Are you sure you're not an idiot?

Apr 26, 2014, 11:20 PM

So a few former Carolina grads just pulled into my driveway with their fellow alumni in the back seat....

Time to hit the sack before i get seated in the trunk. Guess the cookout is over. They didn't want any BBQ chicken when offered. Weird?

Night all!

Apr 27, 2014, 11:39 AM [ in reply to Re: You've definitely been drinking... ]

You're a piece of work IBeWriteGood.....can you link me back to your post "I love my church?" Do you derive pleasure from your constant attacks? Maybe you should have titled it "I love my mosque." Here try this one....Matthew 7:12

Apr 26, 2014, 10:43 PM [ in reply to Re: You've definitely been drinking... ]

Historically, ND is unmatched among the little schools with 11 national championships and 7 Heisman winners.

And while they may be overrated recently, they still had 4 BCS bowl game appearances and a national championship game appearance.

Apr 26, 2014, 10:53 PM

Tigerdan55. Notre dame only has 3 since the 70s. Again, it's a different world now. Every one gets some sort of tv coverage. They are the exception with their bull s conference and tv alignments. Where are they now. Many of their BCS games were based off name alone.

NC game two years ago...

Apr 26, 2014, 11:00 PM

they got blown out, but they were there. That is not bad and pretty relevant. I hate ND as much as anyone and think they often are overrated, but they are still a national draw and a team that can still get to title game.

Re: NC game two years ago...

Apr 26, 2014, 11:12 PM

You just made my point. They didn't deserve to be there. Results? They got trucked.

I will give them credit for being into their school like we are. But that's it. Rudy is the only like able thing about notre dame. Even makes me tear up a bit.

They were the only undefeated team that year...

Apr 26, 2014, 11:19 PM

and they had beaten several very good teams (Stanford, Michigan State, Michigan and Oklahoma were all ranked)...Even though they had a poor showing, they absolutely deserved to be there.

Re: They were the only undefeated team that year...

Apr 26, 2014, 11:22 PM

Tigerdan. The police say put your junk and lotion up. Notre dame is a catholic school. Can't pump them like that....

Respectfully disagree, TF555 -

Apr 27, 2014, 6:29 AM [ in reply to They were the only undefeated team that year... ]

ND beat Stanford on two horrible calls at the goal line, and they saved the very best 'Luck of the Irish' for the Pitt game.

Remember that? Two guys on field at same time with same number for a play. No penalty called. Pitt misses the game winner on same play.

No way they should have sniffed the MNCG.

Any team that gets to championship has some luck...

Apr 29, 2014, 9:39 PM

just look at Auburn last year against both UGA and 'Bama.

"Only 3 since the 70's"

Apr 26, 2014, 11:17 PM [ in reply to Re: You've definitely been drinking... ]

When we're talking about small schools, 3 national championships since the 70's is still unmatched. Stanford has never won a national title. Clemson's has 1. 3 is pretty darn good.

Miami has 5....***

Apr 27, 2014, 12:54 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic