Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Stopping Gurlley
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 51
| visibility 1

Stopping Gurlley

Aug 24, 2014, 12:47 AM

We will stop him between tackles with our DL but...Concerns me with him catching short passes out in flat or little short passes. Big Tiger fan but this will be BEST RB we will see all season. Think BV has complete gameplan ready to make them go to option #2?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

everything i've seen or heard implies that thuga has

Aug 24, 2014, 12:53 AM

put an emphasis on getting him the ball in space. our lb'ers will be up for the challenge. i'm sure bv will have that group dialed in.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: everything i've seen or heard implies that thuga has

Aug 24, 2014, 3:15 AM

Its not just gurley. This stable is the best in the nation top to bottom. Ill be surprised if we dont get at least 200 on the ground. This is strictly mho and i understand the whole "we too deep" on d for you folks but i think your offense will struggle and get handled and leave the vaunted d out on the field too long and eventually theyll be winded tryimg to keep up with 5 fresh backs that could start at most d1 schools.

thanks sir flopsalot!!! forgetting who gets winded!^^^^^^^

Aug 24, 2014, 3:26 AM

Yet another who doesn't bother to look at facts of conditioning or the actual loss/gains of each team playing...
How many "inexperienced" offensive players scored or had amazing plays against the pups last year???!
(Tip: re-watch the tape...they'll be better this year!)

Our offense will be fine , while your puppies are laying all over the field to slow our offense down & faking injury for stoppage time!!!
Bank on that.

Our Defense is going to embarrass y'all in your house for the 1st time since '86!

It'll be appropriately thUGAly!!!

Go Tigers!

Re: thanks sir flopsalot!!! forgetting who gets winded!^^^^^^^

Aug 24, 2014, 3:39 AM

No way your offense is better without boyd and watkins. Clemson is not a reload school but nice try. Keep drinkin that koolaid. The only thing better for clempson this year is the front 7. Ya better hope they tote the team all year but its not likely with such a crapshoot of a secondary.

So, between the 2 schools, Clemson has the "crapshoot"

Aug 24, 2014, 4:18 AM

at secondary? Do you seriously feel comfortable with the back 4 you all will start? That's a crapshoot if I've ever seen one. I'll admit, we don't have a Gurley, but I guarantee you'll come away impressed by our talent/depth (even after losing our "starter") at RB. IMHO, it was always going to be a RB by committee for CU.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So, between the 2 schools, Clemson has the "crapshoot"

Aug 24, 2014, 5:47 AM

Thuga couldn't win with their greatest passer and Gurshall last year . I suppose the home crowd is the extra incentive in this one huh ? Will they be scoring for y'all or is that the teams job.
LOL that you think we cannot be a "reload" school , do you even recruiting rankings Bro ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

I'm guessing you were replying to the post above mine?

Aug 24, 2014, 4:54 PM

Just making sure you understand that I believe we give thUGA a beat down. Confused me with a reply to my post asking if I "even pay attention to recruiting rankings." I'm one of the good guys. Lol! ;)

The offense will be better without Boyd

Aug 24, 2014, 7:11 AM [ in reply to Re: thanks sir flopsalot!!! forgetting who gets winded!^^^^^^^ ]

But not having Watkins willed finitely hurt some.

All that said, the O will be more balanced now and more unpredictable. Cole Stoudt will make much better reads and decisions.

The question mark is seeing them in action under live fire. If they don't implode in first quarter (like Tajh and the online did last year against FSU), it will be a good night for the Tigers.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 24, 2014, 7:18 AM [ in reply to Re: thanks sir flopsalot!!! forgetting who gets winded!^^^^^^^ ]

And rest assured, Clemson most definitely is a reload program now. You would have been correct to say that 4 years ago, but not any longer.

Fasten your seat belt because by the time Saturday's game is over, the bull pups will have had the ride of their lives trying to hold the Tigers.

Aug 24, 2014, 10:51 AM

Not to the extent as you might think, but you do get some talent.

Aug 24, 2014, 11:13 AM

Never said clemp wasnt talented, nor did i ever say uga is a reload school. We're both kinda in the same boat and thats the great part about this game. Gobbs of talent on both sidelines but not miami of the early 90's or bama and fsu as of late. You take facts as personal opinion but you fail to notice whats between the lines ive typed and its probably from the lack of whats between your ears.

Recruiting rankings not everything

Aug 24, 2014, 11:41 AM [ in reply to Re: thanks sir flopsalot!!! forgetting who gets winded!^^^^^^^ ]

UGA ranked #2 in recruiting over last 10 years. Check out the poll, 53% of people voted they had done awful on the field w such a high recruiting ranking.

http://blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/2011/07/12/uga-ranks-no-2-in-football-recruiting-for-last-10-years-by-rivals-com/

Clemson at #22, although this was made in 2011 this doesn't include our past 3 top 8-15 classes. We are at a point where we are reloading. Thanks to CDS.

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=acc&id=52357&src=desktop

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 24, 2014, 7:19 PM [ in reply to Re: thanks sir flopsalot!!! forgetting who gets winded!^^^^^^^ ]

I really can't wait till we get to laugh at you again when you all go missing not men enough to eat crow for the second year...I really can't.

Aug 24, 2014, 10:31 AM [ in reply to Re: thanks sir flopsalot!!! forgetting who gets winded!^^^^^^^ ]

And ugay is a reload school and have done very little with their talent. Keep drinking your own koolaid.

Aug 24, 2014, 11:14 AM

Yeah we reload every year,but not like what we want with top 5 classes like bama,lsu,fsu and a few others that have recruited top 5 talent! So your comment about doing very little with it is asinine! With what we've done with our top 10 talent is right where it should be, playing for the east every year and winning a few over Richt's tenure and we have played in the Sec championship game 5 times since he has been here. Top 10 talent is going to get you close but in the end your more likely to fall short!!

You've backed yourselves in that game one year...

Aug 24, 2014, 11:23 AM

because of how poor the East is...beating the East and making it to the SEC isn't really anything to brag about. What are the notable teams on that side? It ain't UT, UF...as much as it pains me to say it...USuCk is the only competitor in the East yet they consistently find a way to blow their opportunity...

Re: You've backed yourselves in that game one year...

Aug 24, 2014, 6:27 PM

How did we back into the championship game and what year?

Aug 24, 2014, 11:29 AM [ in reply to Re: thanks sir flopsalot!!! forgetting who gets winded!^^^^^^^ ]

That is a cop out. Any team that recruits consistently in the top 25-30 nationally has the type of talent that it takes to win a football championship. The right coaching and your schedule are also in the mix , I say more heavily weighted toward the schedule and its difficulty at this time in the CFB world.
Of course Bama has built in advantages with its talent on hand , but ESecPN greatly overstates the difference in talent between those players and the players on a team that is good but not always considered a contender ...like a Penn St or a Texas AM .
Quit with the kool aid consumption and dont make excuses for your team. I bet they wouldn't.

DB23

Aug 24, 2014, 11:42 AM

Didnt make an excuse and i cant see where it was misconstrued as such. Im still baffled by losing to you guys last year honestly. It once again will be a battle to the finish, this will be our day and its to do with the talent on the field and not where we're playing. The only surprise in this game will be if uga doesnt hit the over.

Aug 24, 2014, 11:53 AM

You are as confident as Ohio State and LSU were before they lost.

I was surprised at Gurley in our game last year. Going into that game, I expected the Tigers to win going away. But after the first quarter, I felt that Gurley owned us and we were doomed.

Now we know what we have on D and our O will be much more diverse and unpredictable. This time, have home field advantage.

Trust me, UGA won't run away with this game. It will be close and turnovers and special teams will decide it.

I for one am never confident when playing a top 10 team away (or even at home for that matter). Too many things can happen. But I for sure know that the Tigers have as good a chance to win the game as their opponent and ultimately it comes down to the team that shoots itself in the foot the most loses.

Gurley will be keyed on and won't be a factor in the game. If Hutson doesn't bedazzle, it will be a LOONNNGGG night for the Dawgs. You will become one dimensional and Venables will turn 'em loose!

Aug 24, 2014, 12:08 PM

He better turnem loose straight from first wistle or youll be playing catch up. Skinny jeans stoudt is a bubble screen tossin handin the ball to second tier rb couldnt hack it so he changed schools non factor. Your D will have to carry the load and thats as one dimensional as it gets. A blowout? NO, wont happen for either side at this point but ill take a highly touted 5th year senior that has taken all the reps with the 1s this year over what stoudt is. I said it in another post, watson is your future, and its bright. Watched the kid in HS and pull for him a lil bit since hes a dsgb but even with his tremendous ceiling he still wont be as prolific as we all know he will be until next year. Both secondarys on saturday come in as a train wreck waiting to happen which is why saying the clemp D will be tops in the nation is laughable at best (stated by several posters on here, not necessarily you). A top 10-15 unit? No doubt if you stay healthy, but that holds true for both sidelines. Cant wait for saturday...i got a feeling this one will be epic.

You keep saying both secondaries are a train wreck...

Aug 24, 2014, 2:24 PM

But we've got a bunch of highly touted guys with game experience back in ours. They're not veterans by any stretch, but they've played plenty of meaningful snaps as a whole.

I'd take that over what you have any day.

Aug 24, 2014, 4:34 PM [ in reply to Re: thanks sir flopsalot!!! forgetting who gets winded!^^^^^^^ ]

Will take our 5th year senior starting QB over yours. I preferred him over Boyd in the big games last year myself. Morris was too wed to Boyd to make the switch when it was obvious Boyd was dazed and confused.

And our secondary is much improved. Not sure where you get the idea that our secondary is anywhere near as questionable as yours. Really? Geez....

Hutson better be a dazzler or it will be lights out for the puppies.

Aug 24, 2014, 4:42 PM [ in reply to Re: thanks sir flopsalot!!! forgetting who gets winded!^^^^^^^ ]

Oh, and I almost forgot.

Three names for you: Mike Williams, Leggett and Choice. You will hear their names all night long on Aug 30.

I told you so...

Aug 24, 2014, 6:49 PM [ in reply to Re: thanks sir flopsalot!!! forgetting who gets winded!^^^^^^^ ]

How is that a cop out? Teams that have recruited top 5 are the ones winning the national title! Not top 25 or 30! If you think that then I don't know what to tell you! Some with top 10 talent have won it, but 9 times out of 10 they will fall short. And how have I made excuses for my team?

Re: you should hang on to the red towel you get at the

Aug 24, 2014, 1:13 PM [ in reply to Re: thanks sir flopsalot!!! forgetting who gets winded!^^^^^^^ ]

Game. You will need it as a crying towel afterward when you call in to the Bulldog Cry Line. I heard you last year.

Aug 24, 2014, 5:40 PM [ in reply to Re: thanks sir flopsalot!!! forgetting who gets winded!^^^^^^^ ]

back woods deer hunter, is that a code name for stalking your first cousin.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 24, 2014, 9:45 PM

When people have nothing to argue with they go for the insult's!

Re: ClassicwindedK9, don't y'all have a walk on starting as

Aug 24, 2014, 1:06 PM [ in reply to Re: thanks sir flopsalot!!! forgetting who gets winded!^^^^^^^ ]

A defensive back or am I mistaken?

It'll be good seeing you "not here" next Sunday....

Aug 24, 2014, 4:38 PM [ in reply to Re: thanks sir flopsalot!!! forgetting who gets winded!^^^^^^^ ]

I'm sure you'll have ANOTHER excuse to be somewhere else.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 24, 2014, 5:33 PM [ in reply to Re: thanks sir flopsalot!!! forgetting who gets winded!^^^^^^^ ]

Ok you S O D, Clemson has just as good of a reload team as your mutt team does....

Aug 24, 2014, 5:30 PM [ in reply to thanks sir flopsalot!!! forgetting who gets winded!^^^^^^^ ]

Yes I was there in 86. Those sooners were so mad leaving their kennel, I thought I would have to shoot a couple blood hounds getting back to my truck.

Aug 30, 2014, 10:10 PM [ in reply to thanks sir flopsalot!!! forgetting who gets winded!^^^^^^^ ]

Flop

Aug 24, 2014, 3:36 AM [ in reply to Re: everything i've seen or heard implies that thuga has ]

I don't see georgia getting no 200 yards on the ground. Georgia running backs gonna have to work for it. Clemson front 7 will be ready. Who ever touch the ball coming out of georgia backfield gonna have to earn it and its not gonna be easy.

Aug 24, 2014, 11:20 AM

UGA gets 200 on the ground easy. For your sake, you should probably take off your orange glasses or it will be a long year. Not saying your D isn't good but you are playing what will be a rushing team, to expect your D to totally shut them down is kind of asinine. How many did GT rush for last year?

We shall see...

Aug 24, 2014, 11:28 AM

But don't think it is a lock that UGA wins this game. You will be very surprised come 9:00pm on Aug 30.

Re: We shall see...

Aug 24, 2014, 9:48 PM

Nothing against you but the same can be said for Clemson also!

Re: We shall see...

Aug 24, 2014, 10:06 PM

Oh, make no mistake about it, I agree with your point. Ain't no guarantees.

I just recall last year the UGA faithful were so confident and BOOM, Clemson didn't lay an egg like they have tended to do on occasion.

I can only hope Clemson plays like they did at Auburn their natl championship year or like they did against LSU and Ohio State.

Better yet, just play like they did in last year's UGA game. ??

GT had basically nothing on us last year

Aug 24, 2014, 2:27 PM [ in reply to Re: everything i've seen or heard implies that thuga has ]

Until we put the backups in. And that's with the defense having to spend a ton of time on the field because of our quick strike offense and the tempo.

Go back and look at the first half stats when the starters were out there. It was a laugher. They started subbing liberally in the second quarter.

Aug 24, 2014, 5:08 PM [ in reply to Re: everything i've seen or heard implies that thuga has ]

Didn't we play this same stable of RBs one year ago come next week. We have the same D except with supposedly a better secondary. We should be able to do a better job this year than last. Well that is unless their S&C program has that incredible Hulk potion. And if so, we maybe in trouble b/c I've heard that Joey Batson refused to buy that incredible Hulk potion for our guys on defense.

Aug 24, 2014, 5:53 PM

No you didn't. But lets just say you did, they rushed for more than 200

Aug 24, 2014, 9:01 PM [ in reply to Re: everything i've seen or heard implies that thuga has ]

I think we are missing the point. It's not just Gurley, but a stable of RBs. And the fact that UGA is allowed to employ more than football while on Offense. HUGE ADVANTAGE UGA.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 31, 2014, 8:01 AM [ in reply to Re: everything i've seen or heard implies that thuga has ]

need to take you to Vegas

PAW drills will have them ready.***

Aug 24, 2014, 7:45 AM [ in reply to everything i've seen or heard implies that thuga has ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: Stopping Gurlley

Aug 24, 2014, 10:19 AM

Well - let's hope UGA doesn't study last year's CLEMSON/GT game and watch Robert Godhigh be open repeatedly. Now GT didn't have a QB that could hit the ocean from a boat, and PJ just simply does not understand the value of the pass, but GT could have hung with us the entire game had they used that play more often. It was a sad thing to watch. We are pathetic in that coverage. If UGA uses it, we'll lose by 21. Let's hope the Dawgs don't read this board. Oh wait...

We curb stomped GT last year

Aug 24, 2014, 2:29 PM

We started subbing like crazy in the second quarter, which is when they started to see a little bit of success.

The game was never in doubt.

Re: We curb stomped GT last year

Aug 24, 2014, 4:35 PM

Shhhh.... That was a misdirection play.

Re: We curb stomped GT last year

Aug 24, 2014, 5:57 PM [ in reply to We curb stomped GT last year ]

It was 27 to 17 in the 3rd, so I highly doubt your second qtr wholesale subs statement.

Re: Stopping Gurlley

Aug 24, 2014, 7:36 PM

We will stop him between tackles with our DL but...Concerns me with him catching short passes out in flat or little short passes. Big Tiger fan but this will be BEST RB we will see all season. Think BV has complete gameplan ready to make them go to option #2?

I doubt you will stop the run on us even if the passing game is ineffectual, slowing it down and turning the plays outside would be a monumental achievement.

Where I give the tigers a perceived advantage is in the special teams play, you guys do a pretty good job in that department, or you did last season.

This match will be decided by penalties, turnovers, and who gets the big play.

UGA: Let the good times roll baby!

Aug 24, 2014, 9:12 PM

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mQNWp_qVIxs

UGA: Jawja is on our mind baby!

Aug 24, 2014, 9:13 PM

http://vimeo.com/104258308

Replies: 51
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive