Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Getting these guys back is/would be....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Getting these guys back is/would be....

Dec 7, 2016, 5:25 PM

a huge boost to our team for the playoff. Who are they?

1) Scott Pagano - As good as Big Dex and Watkins are, you can see a dropoff when Huggins comes in the game to spell them. The only times Evans (or any team or player) had success running up the middle on our defense this season is when Pagano was not on the field and a tired Watkins/Big Dex on the field. We don't have a better DT in goal line situations with our backs against the wall either. His strength and power take over. Example, the Boston College game. On 2 consecutive plays at our goal line (3rd and 4th and goals), He blew up the offensive linemen in front of him of and nailed the bail carrier before he got to the end zone. Getting him back for the playoff is going to be huge. Why? Barrett aint going to be able to run up the middle, not even with the rotation of D-linemen. Pagano is a huge part of that, but doesn't get the recognition because of how good Big Dex is as a freshman (I love me some Big Dex, kid a straight beast, but we can't forget the impact Pagano has too).

2) Adrian Baker - I hope the 4 weeks between the ACC title game and the Fiesta Bowl (and the practices involved) are enough to finally get him over the hump. Why? We have missed him in the rotation at times, because we all know some of the crucial plays he made last year (pick against FSU and SC). Outside of Tank, he has the most experience of our DBs. I don't think it's likely we see him again this season, but would love to see him get out there and add depth, because the kid is a baller.

3) Dorian O'Daniel - Coming back after that targeting call in the ACC title game (yea, I hated to see it but it was a good call). Jalen Williams having to take up more of the slack with him out changed the game because it was obvious O'Daniel was a key to stopping VT's offense with his athleticism and ability to cover in space against VT's 3rd/4th receiving options.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're wrong about one thing

Dec 7, 2016, 8:06 PM

the targeting call was bogus just like the whole rule. Both players adjusted their bodies in natural reaction to the impact of the collision that BOTH players were committed to. Dorian was not "targeting" or aiming for that players head or neck area he was just making a football play which means there will be a violent collision. Some people call this a tackle......

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You're wrong about one thing

Dec 7, 2016, 8:23 PM

Sorry it was targeting. The VT guy was defenseless. When he is it is up to the defensive player to hit him in the shoulder or below. He hit above the shoulder and that it targeting.
It a complicated rule but it was the correct call.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Definitely*****

Dec 7, 2016, 8:27 PM

Dec 7, 2016, 8:29 PM [ in reply to Re: You're wrong about one thing ]

Hit a guy with the Crown of the helmet and your going to the locker room every time. Hit him while your looking at him (face mask up) and your good. Simple

Dec 7, 2016, 8:27 PM [ in reply to You're wrong about one thing ]

It was helmet to helmet.... that's the rule.. it doesn't matter who adjusted where... he gets tossed. I don't like it but it was helmet to helmet.

Dec 7, 2016, 8:30 PM [ in reply to You're wrong about one thing ]

Definitely targeting. Completely unnecessary.

Dec 7, 2016, 9:39 PM

On a plays like that I just wish they wouldn't call it targeting. Targeting implies malicious intent. O'Daniel wasn't targeting to injure, but he did hit a defenseless player in the dome, so call it "illegal hit" or something... can still toss him I don't care.

Dorian went high when it wasn't needed, poor choice

Dec 7, 2016, 8:20 PM

on his part. His helmet was first contact and while I also agree it wasn't purposeful, by rule he should have been ejected. Poor choice by the young man, totally unnecessary on that 3rd and long. When I first saw the play I cringed knowing that he was most likely getting ejected, he is a key player with his athletic ability to cover backs/receivers/tight ends!! He will be huge part of our D this next 1 or possibly/probably 2 games ??

Agreed. Pagano is the baddest Italian Samoan on the planet.***

Dec 7, 2016, 9:32 PM

If we win it all it would bring so much joy to Samoa. ******

Dec 7, 2016, 9:46 PM

One of these days, Ole Pagano is gonna come looking for a

Dec 7, 2016, 10:11 PM

house in Powdersville, and I hope he has a good sense of humor when he realizes Spud is his Realtor....

Yeargin will also help....

Dec 7, 2016, 9:41 PM

He provides good depth at DE

Will Korrin Wiggins be back?*****

Dec 7, 2016, 9:48 PM

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic