Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
You're welcome, Mackenzie Alexander.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

You're welcome, Mackenzie Alexander.

Dec 16, 2018, 3:48 PM

A few weeks back I asked on here what had happened to Mackenzie Alexander. It had never seemed to pan out in Minnesota, and his PT was way down this year, as a 2nd-string rookie was starting at CB after the 1st-string starter was injured. I've seen several Viking games since then, and his PT has gone way up, and he has made a lot of big plays. He had a big sack a few minutes ago. Good to know that Vikings coaches are lurking on T-net! ;)

I meant to add - seriously, it's great to see him in the mix. Always knew he had the talent and the toughness.

Message was edited by: Smiling Tiger®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: You're welcome, Mackenzie Alexander.

Dec 16, 2018, 3:57 PM

Ha. Tuned in when I read this and he had just made a play.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WL

Dec 16, 2018, 4:14 PM

He was one of those kids that could have benefited a great deal by playing his finale year at Clemson. Sure he is getting a pay check in the NFL, but how excited will a team be to give him one of those BIG money contracts that big time CB and safeties get with their second contract. I know that he was doing a good job for us while he was at Clemson but, I always thought he was a lot higher on himself than he actually was, and I hope that he has many years left in the league bc I read his story, and I know how much he wanted to get his family out of those fields breaking their backs every day of their live in an occupation that uses them up, and throws them away without anything to fall back on....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'get his family out of field's, what?

Dec 16, 2018, 6:37 PM

He left Clemson as a red shirt sophomore. He had two more years to play. Seriously, what fields and I do agree with another year helping his development.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 'get his family out of field's, what?

Dec 16, 2018, 6:43 PM

He's talking about the sports center segment that featured him and his family working the orange fields in FL.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 16, 2018, 7:26 PM

They work in Sugar Cane fields. It looks like a very hard life.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tomato fields in Immokalee, FL.***

Dec 16, 2018, 8:02 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Tomato fields in Immokalee, FL.***

Dec 16, 2018, 9:49 PM

It was oranges.

The segment was called "Gift from the Groves".

...The segment is going to focus on the life of the cornerback, who since the age of 10 has helped his family to make a living by picking oranges in the family's orange grove in Immokalee, Florida. The segment will first air on the 9 AM Central time edition of SportsCenter, and will be replayed numerous times throughout the day.

https://www.dailynorseman.com/2016/4/30/11546830/mackensie-alexander-to-be-featured-on-espn-sportscenter-sunday

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 16, 2018, 7:32 PM [ in reply to 'get his family out of field's, what? ]

Just do a few key word searches. Several articles out there to give you background He truly did leave early to help his family. Kid was all business (in a good way).

His reoccurring hamstring injury may have cost TIGs Natty in 1st Bammer game

Dec 16, 2018, 8:35 PM

since after he had to leave game rather early the Bammer WR & TE’s went crazy over his area & our sub.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

His replacement was a true freshman

Dec 16, 2018, 9:56 PM

I think, who bit inside on one of their long runs late in the game. That was the nail in the coffin for me.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 16, 2018, 9:39 PM [ in reply to 'get his family out of field's, what? ]

His family worked in the field/groves in Florida....

Dec 16, 2018, 8:39 PM [ in reply to Re: You're welcome, Mackenzie Alexander. ]

He's getting paid and he's fine as is. He was almost never targeted at Clemson.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 16, 2018, 8:43 PM

His guy was never open! He was a true shutdown DB.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic