Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Pretty impressive trophies the SEC is giving to S Car
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

Pretty impressive trophies the SEC is giving to S Car

Aug 7, 2014, 11:30 PM
image.jpg(94.7 K)

Nm

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Pretty impressive trophies the SEC is giving to S Car

Aug 8, 2014, 7:29 AM

This would be funnier if they wouldn't have just finished #4 in the country. Only reason they hadn't won the SEC the past 4 years is because the team that did win either won the national title or came dang close.

If SC was in the ACC, they would have 2 titles and maybe a 3rd.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This sounds cootish....

Aug 8, 2014, 7:50 AM

sure yur not a coot?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This sounds cootish....

Aug 8, 2014, 8:22 AM

Not a coot. Proud Clemson grad.

Lets look at the facts here.

2013- FSU wins ACC regardless
2012- FSU won ACC but would have had a good game with SC. Toss up
2011- We won ACC... SC beat us pretty good. SC could have beat VT with no issues.
2010- Did VT win acc??? Regardless that team was less than stellar and SC would have beat them without an issue since SC won the east that year.

Of course in a one game setting anything could happen but if you look at who won the ACC VS SC last 4 teams and sC would have won at least one ACC you would think if not more.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I see you are now off the sec pipe and

Aug 8, 2014, 8:30 AM

Instead dropping hits of tge hi5 coot lsd.

No doubt usuc has been better than Clemson the last 5 years, but better than everyone in the acc.. football is not cumulative. Cu beat uga...Uga beat usuc..usuc beat clemson.

I would argue that any team that lost to the 2014 volunteers could have easily lost to the 1990-2014 yellow jackets, hokies, or Seminoles.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

This post ends all discussion...props to you good sir...***

Aug 8, 2014, 10:26 PM

Re: I see you are now off the sec pipe and

Aug 20, 2014, 10:44 AM [ in reply to I see you are now off the sec pipe and ]

> Instead dropping hits of tge hi5 coot lsd.
>
> No doubt usuc has been better than Clemson the last 5
> years, but better than everyone in the acc..
> football is not cumulative. Cu beat uga...Uga beat
> usuc..usuc beat clemson.
>
> I would argue that any team that lost to the 2014
> 4 volunteers could have easily lost to the 1990-2014
> yellow jackets, hokies, or Seminoles.

The UGA games were decided by the home venue.

You're speculating about what might happen

Aug 8, 2014, 8:49 AM [ in reply to Re: This sounds cootish.... ]

The facts are ...

In actuality, SCAR can't even win their division, so winning the SEC title is sort of a pipe dream.

In 2010, the lone year that SCAR did manage to get into the SEC title game, they were blown out by 37 points and then promptly lost to FSU in the bowl game.

This is also a fact ... SCAR is having current success against Clemson ... but it doesn't necessarily mean they would dominate the ACC if they were a member. Clemson has had a lot of overall success against the SEC lately as well.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank you. I have decided to draw pleasure from the

Aug 8, 2014, 2:16 PM

fact that they did finish #4 in the polls but probably would not have made the playoff if it had been in place last year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You're speculating about what might happen

Aug 8, 2014, 8:42 PM [ in reply to You're speculating about what might happen ]

Just not with Carolina ..... Right?

Yes ... That's what I said ...

Aug 9, 2014, 7:41 PM

You're not particularly perceptive.

If you have to say "not a coot"...

Aug 8, 2014, 12:45 PM [ in reply to Re: This sounds cootish.... ]

It's pretty obvious

Aug 8, 2014, 1:24 PM [ in reply to Re: This sounds cootish.... ]

Whenibleed,

You’re both wrong & right about 2010…Yes, VT won the ACC that year, but remember they played FSU. For SC to have made it to the championship game to face VT they would’ve had to beat FSU in the regular season. Well, given the "fact" that SC lost to FSU that year in the Peach Bowl, they probably would’ve not done that and therefore would’ve not have even won the ACC Atlantic divison to be able face to VT.

So, according to your “facts” SC would’ve probably won one ACC title in 2011....Two at max, assuming they won a "toss-up" game to a team that they have a 3-16 record against and have not beaten since 1984.

I would be happier if you'd change your handle...it's a lie***

Aug 8, 2014, 1:43 PM [ in reply to Re: This sounds cootish.... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Aug 19, 2014, 8:24 PM [ in reply to Re: This sounds cootish.... ]

OMG, You deal in facts. Must be a "coot."

Aug 8, 2014, 7:58 AM [ in reply to Re: Pretty impressive trophies the SEC is giving to S Car ]

I think you misspelled garnet in your handle.

Your opinion has merit, but your reasoning is a stretch ...

Aug 8, 2014, 8:09 AM [ in reply to Re: Pretty impressive trophies the SEC is giving to S Car ]

SCAR has only been good enough to even participate the SEC title game one time, never mind actually win the title. And that year they didn't just lose the title game, they were blown off the field. Then they promptly lost to Florida State in the bowl game.

So it's a stretch to say that they *should* have won the SEC the past 4 years. SCAR would first have to win their division for that statement to have any validity at all.

And since FSU has been in the ACC over those same 4 years as well, there is absolutely NO assurance that SCAR would have won any ACC titles at all over that period.

Re: Your opinion has merit, but your reasoning is a stretch ...

Aug 19, 2014, 8:36 PM

I agree. Carolina is a mediocre team. So what does that say about us, them having whipped out butts for 5 straight years? As Clemson fan, I hate it but will not deny what is the record. All the rest is talk. The solution: beat them. Action talks, BS walks.

what. ... no way

Aug 8, 2014, 8:13 AM [ in reply to Re: Pretty impressive trophies the SEC is giving to S Car ]

When would they have won these titles?

Against those fsu teams in the 90s? Those 10-1 vt teams?

Please.. smoke the sec pipe if you want. . Just please don't post when you are high on sec propaganda.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Sounds like when you bleed,

Aug 8, 2014, 8:22 AM [ in reply to Re: Pretty impressive trophies the SEC is giving to S Car ]

you wear feminine products. ;>)

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who invited the heckler?

Aug 8, 2014, 12:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Pretty impressive trophies the SEC is giving to S Car ]

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

They had many years in ACC & only won one.

Aug 8, 2014, 8:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Pretty impressive trophies the SEC is giving to S Car ]

Check out their record vs ACC and crawl back under the rock.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Excuse, excuse ,excuse!!!***

Aug 8, 2014, 11:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Pretty impressive trophies the SEC is giving to S Car ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 9, 2014, 7:50 AM [ in reply to Re: Pretty impressive trophies the SEC is giving to S Car ]

One thing you're missing is that they've only won their division once even with Florida, Tenn, and UGA all being below their usual quality of play.

That's priceless and very true !***

Aug 8, 2014, 9:35 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bless their hearts...***

Aug 8, 2014, 12:46 PM

Aug 8, 2014, 8:56 PM

Probably the most impressive trophy the SEC gives to SC is the 20-30 million dollars more each year than Clemson's budget. This is not counting SEC-TV revenues.

Tell 'em capon

Aug 8, 2014, 9:02 PM

link ?

5th place rings still better.***

Aug 9, 2014, 7:52 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 5th place rings still better.***

Aug 19, 2014, 11:42 PM

Everybody keeps saying they have 5th place rings. When we all know that all of them have ended up in a pawn shop some where, and they don't have any ring any more. Not a 5th place one anyway....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 19, 2014, 11:55 PM

That's funny as hail......but not as fun as winning against your rival 4 out of 6 times in your lifetime. Folks, we have to start winning against these cretins before it becomes second nature to lose to them. Natural order must be restored....

Aug 20, 2014, 10:45 AM

> That's funny as hail......but not as fun as winning
> against your rival 4 out of 6 times in your lifetime.
> Folks, we have to start winning against these
> e cretins before it becomes second nature to lose to
> them. Natural order must be restored....

Start the countdown clocks!

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic