Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This is not Clemson class
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

This is not Clemson class

Mar 13, 2020, 6:36 PM

Wherever I go Clemson related, there are people upset over the news coach BB is being retained.

I am obviously for keeping him next year, we have a starting 5 with a year of experience and transfers and two 4*s coming in.

It is not Clemson to fire ANYBODY in the middle of a national emergency. It makes me sick when people are throwing a hissy on Clemson's twitter and some on here still suggesting he should've been.

Anybody involved with Clemson knows that is not how we do things around here, we win and lose with class and firing someone from their job while their family is likely scared is not Clemson.

0-31 16-15 idc, the administration made the right decision.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What does Dabo beating 0-31-0 State have to do with Brownlee?

Mar 13, 2020, 6:39 PM

Brownlee went 16-15. That’s great! He ain’t going nowhere.

~JKB

You must be new to this

Mar 13, 2020, 6:40 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This is not Clemson class

Mar 13, 2020, 7:04 PM

Yeah, I think the coots allow “national emergencies” to influence their coaching hiring/firing and look at what that got them.

Also, never fire a bad coach when the moon is in the seventh house and Mercury aligns with Mars. Bad juju.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Mar 13, 2020, 8:51 PM

thought it was jupiter and mars.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Mar 13, 2020, 7:12 PM

Don’t fire someone during a national emergency??? Oh please! He makes $2.5 million a year, it’s not like his family is going to be homeless. Overreact much?

Mar 13, 2020, 9:06 PM

I think most TNetters were saying give him a pass for the year after the UNC win @ CH. Has that changed a lot since then?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Mar 14, 2020, 2:24 PM

We aren't talking about "most" when we speak of the discontent. The "silent majority" lies somewhere beyond the internet and express no opinions at all.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 13, 2020, 10:28 PM

Clemson class? Huh. If Clemson class is retaining a guy who makes millions of dollars and fails to produce results, then you can take your Clemson class and shove it. Sounds more like coot appeasement

You’re right, literally NO results!

Mar 13, 2020, 10:52 PM

He’s only the winningest coach in program history, with the best ACC winning percentage, who coached us to one of our best seasons ever two years ago, who has made postseason play each of the last three years and would’ve this year as well, who ended the nearly 100 year winless streak in Chapel Hill, who beat three top 6 teams this year for the first time in 40 years, who is very well respected by his fellow coaches, who graduates his players at record rates, who runs a clean program, and who represents Clemson with class on and off the court.

He has accomplished this at a school with a poor basketball history, with a track record of inconsistent support from the administration and fans, in a very tough basketball conference.

It’s amazing that a coach who has accomplished all of this is “failing to produce results.”

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: You’re right, literally NO results!

Mar 13, 2020, 10:57 PM

####### d rad can fire a hall of fame baseball coach but can keep this mediocre piece of trash for a coach ?

Fire him!!

How does our basketball history compare to our baseball

Mar 14, 2020, 12:16 PM

history?

How does our administrative and fan support for baseball compare to basketball?

Again, context matters.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: How does our basketball history compare to our baseball

Mar 14, 2020, 3:30 PM

Well you b itch about fan support all the time so you tell me ? Plus he plays a h3ll of a lot more acc games bs what the others coaches did. But don’t let facts get in the way

You only seem to care about facts when they support your

Mar 14, 2020, 4:18 PM

opinion that Brownell isn't doing a good job.

Mar 13, 2020, 11:03 PM [ in reply to You’re right, literally NO results! ]

Dabo has produced and earned every penny he has been paid (and much more) over his 10+ years at Clemson......with CBB this is not the case.......just when you get your hopes up with him and think he has turned the corner reality sets back in every time and he goes and busts your bubble......if you think he is going to achieve anything more (which is average at best) while he is at Clemson you are not being honest with yourself because you are definitely smart enough to figure out what I am telling you is the honest truth.......one thing I can say about you JK you are as faithful a friend as CBB will every have at Clemson because you will go down with him when that ship sinks......Go Tigers!!!!!

I didn't say that we have accomplished all we want to

Mar 14, 2020, 12:21 PM

in basketball. But to say that he has "accomplished nothing" is ridiculous! People who think that need to step back and look at reality, and not succumb to their overly emotional and dramatic beliefs.

Yes, Dabo has earned his salary. But let's not act like he pulled Clemson football from the depths of failure on his own. He already had a very eager administration and fan base who desperately wanted an elite program, and was very willing to put the money and resources toward that end. Brownell has never had that.

Let me know when Brownell gets the OK to get top level assistant coaches. Dabo got these way before we became a top 10 program. In fact, allowing him to get coaches like Chad Morris and Brent Venables are a big reason why we have become an elite program. The best facilities in the nation have helped too. Dabo is obviously the one who has helped make those things happen, but he couldn't have done it without a lot of help. Brad wants the same for Clemson basketball, and has sold others on that vision better than any previous Clemson basketball coach has, but we still need more to be a consistent top 25 program.

Re: I didn't say that we have accomplished all we want to

Mar 14, 2020, 1:30 PM

No matter how you spend it CBB will always be an “average at best” coach......you can blame the administration, facilities, fans, and everything else for that matter.....he seems to be a great guy but he gets paid big bucks to be the head coach at Clemson University.......and he has not come close to earning his big salary for 10 years now.....give it up man results matter, winning matters, and he just can not and will not get over that hump....we will be having this same conversation next season this time since he will be coming back.....but the results will definitely be the same......do you really think Clemson basketball will be any better next season after the past 10 seasons .....average at best.....Go Tigers!!!!!

Why should Brad be expected to win at a high level

Mar 14, 2020, 2:35 PM

when basketball at Clemson isn't supported at a high level?

This isn't spin, it's reality.

When Dabo was operating with a cheaper budget, we went 6-7. And that was despite our football history, strong fan support, and some recent facility upgrades (WEZ).

Re: Why should Brad be expected to win at a high level

Mar 14, 2020, 4:56 PM

You must think the head coach has very little influence in making a program a winner and it is mainly due to all other factors including the administration, fan support, money, etc.......the head coach is the most important part of this puzzle and you will never make a consistent winner out of any program without a great leader at the head of this bus.....do you honestly think our football program would be where it is today if we had only the things you say we are lacking with the basketball program if we did not have a great leader like Dabo at the top.....you could give CBB all these things you say he needs for the basketball program to be successful and it would not matter.....because he is an “average Joe blow” head coach and that is all he will ever be.....do you think if he coached at Duke, UNC, Kentucky, or any of the consistent winning programs he would be able to win at a higher level....no because he would still only be an “average” coach who would still be inconsistent and would have been fired because of this......coaches make programs and all these other things you claim he needs to be a winner at Clemson would follow IF he could be consistent and at least WIN the games he should and are supposed to win......CBB is the worse roller coaster ride you will ever get on as the head coach.....consistently inconsistent.....Go Tigers!!!!!

Mar 14, 2020, 10:46 AM [ in reply to You’re right, literally NO results! ]

He’s not the winningest coach in program history. He’s #3 all time in overall wins, he’s #5 in win percentage if you throw out the coaches that coached less than 100 games. Yes he has the most ACC wins and percentage, but not overall. While I’m glad that he finally won at UNC, didn’t they finish last in the conference and have their worst year in program history? He won against some good teams this year and followed those wins with loses to bad and mediocre teams.

He’s Tommy Bowden of basketball.

Yes, he is the winningest coach in program history.

Mar 14, 2020, 12:23 PM

I'm not sure where you are getting your data...

Mar 14, 2020, 12:33 PM [ in reply to Re: You’re right, literally NO results! ]

Which coaches won more games at Clemson than Brad Brownell (185)?

I'll wait.

Mar 13, 2020, 10:32 PM

Is a 67% pulse Clemson class? Asking for a friend.

Mar 13, 2020, 10:51 PM

You act like Brad will be penniless if he is fired......you do realize he is getting paid 3 million bucks this season right......not to mention what he has earned over the past 10 seasons at Clemson ......and he also gets that big buyout bonus if he is fired so yes I will feel sorry for 99% of the people out there who live from paycheck to paycheck if they get fired but CBB is not one of them.....he will walk away smiling like a multimillionaire and will be just fine.....the only thing he might have that gets hurt a little is his pride.....Go Tigers!!!!

Mar 14, 2020, 12:39 PM

If a known better replacement were available, I would say pull the trigger. We are not going get a top established coach. I honestly dont think the top up and coming coaches are interested due to the potential of it being a career killer. We compete with schools that put a lot more priority on basketball than we do. Potential coaches are well aware of that.

I would have fired Brad a year ago

Mar 13, 2020, 11:14 PM

Mar 14, 2020, 12:34 PM

I remember after a certain trouncing by WVU, Tigernet was rampant with "Fire Dabo!". I pay the Debbie Downers on here no attention

Mar 14, 2020, 5:02 PM

Brad was not going to be fired regardless of the coronavirus.
I realize that's not the point you're making necessarily. I'm just saying...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic