Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Just wanna keep this simple. We are who we are.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,422

Just wanna keep this simple. We are who we are.

Mar 13, 2019, 7:12 PM

I'm an ol' timer and so please forgive me if what I'm about to say is not appropriate or "gender approved" :

I'm saying it anyway...

#1: WE ARE A FOOTBALL SCHOOL! Get over it...it is the way it is and that's just the way it is. ENJOY!

#2: FOOTBALL SCHOOLS ALMOST NEVER CAN BECOME BASKETBALL SCHOOLS! Get over it...it is the way it is and for who knows what reason, that's just the way it is. Some thing will never change...apologies to Bruce Hornsby...

#3: Luckily, it does seem that football and basketball schools can be "BASEBALL SCHOOLS"...and guess what? It's baseball season!!!!

#4: Let's pull for the TIGERS on the diamond during the baseball season and enjoy the spring into FOOTBALL, and take it from there.???

#5: We all should just enjoy this wonderful era of Clemson football and appreciate the reality that we have the "best team of coaches and players, perhaps, ever assembled in this nation." At least for a football team. How cool is that?

#6: We should support and appreciate all of our athletic programs, regardless of their success.

#7: See #6.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Win, lose or draw . . . I'm a Tiger fan forevermore!

Hurricane Duane

I dont think anyone is arguing we need to become a hoops school but

Mar 13, 2019, 7:15 PM

Making only 2 tourneys in a decade is beyond pathetic, even for a football school

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just wanna keep this simple. We are who we are.

Mar 13, 2019, 7:18 PM

Florida Disagrees. They have won a Natty in all 3 sports in the last 20 years.

Plenty of others too historically

Mar 13, 2019, 7:33 PM

We can be who we decide we want to be.

Mar 13, 2019, 7:20 PM

I'm no spring chicken myself, and there is nothing intrinsic to Clemson that prevents it from being better in basketball. Everything that stands in our way can be changed; it's just a matter of committing to it and following through all the way.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Just wanna keep this simple. We are who we are.

Mar 13, 2019, 7:21 PM

Not trying to be a smart asp , but what do you mean by " not gender approved" ?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're not being...

Mar 13, 2019, 7:25 PM

a smart ###... but what I meant was that my assessment is not necessarily politically correct. I'm 65 YO, and getting pretty frustrated with much of the P/C B/S...get it?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Win, lose or draw . . . I'm a Tiger fan forevermore!

Hurricane Duane

Re: You're not being...

Mar 13, 2019, 7:39 PM

I suppose I do . I'm not too pc either and I'm a couple years older than you . I'm supportive of our U and all its teams .
I've been a fan of basketball here since I was a kid listening to the mahaffey bros .on the radio . I went to every home game from '70 -75 .
I have even driven 2 1/2 hrs. to 3 basketball games this year .
I feel like I have supported CBB as most . I simply feel like our players and fans deserve more and I'm so glad we weren't so easily satisfied in football .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Admittedly, I would not trade our football success for more

Mar 13, 2019, 7:32 PM

success in basketball. However, it isn't too much to expect more success than we typically have. I don't expect to be at the level of Duke & UNCheat, be we should be able to consistently be on the level with VaTech and FSU. To at least be good enough to make the tourney about 70% of the time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Michigan, Ohio State, Notre Dame, FSU, Florida,

Mar 13, 2019, 7:46 PM

evn Alabama ... all could be considered "Football schools", and all have much better basketball history than us. It certainly can be done.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,422
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic