Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How much did going to Saturdays game cost you in $ & time?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 2,795

How much did going to Saturdays game cost you in $ & time?

Sep 8, 2019, 3:55 PM

For me at my ripe old age, in a small rv boondocking free, most meals in..but needing tix, gas to & from, concessions, window decals (scratch that), etc.,

last 2 home games cost me approx $300-$350 each game..and 600 miles round trip at 5-6 hrs of driving at 0- 80mph (so 1200 miles & approx 24 hrs total).

which is a drop in the bucket when I was younger with 4 season tix, family of 4 to feed, gas, etc.

How bout you?

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How much did going to Saturdays game cost you in $ & time?

Sep 8, 2019, 4:01 PM

I spent about half that - (did you see the picture below? I got it turned the right way)

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 8, 2019, 4:02 PM

Me, personally...

Ticket + my portion of tailgate food + gas = approximately $180
Time = 12 hours. (Round trip from Greer)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Sep 8, 2019, 4:07 PM

12 hours from Greer! You made a wrong turn some place. I send less than 8 hours round trip and I live just a short drive from virginia

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was giving total time expended.

Sep 8, 2019, 4:11 PM

Actual drive-time was about 2.5 hours thanks to an accident on 123 going home last night. The remaining time was spent at tailgate and roasting myself in the 95 degree heat.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

I budget $1000 a game for wife and I at Clemson

Sep 8, 2019, 4:05 PM

maybe $500 for a game in NC that I can go to without a Hotel. $1500 for ACC Championship. $2500 for a bowl game. I only go to 2-3 games a year so I always buy good seats which ups the cost.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

With 7 games

Sep 8, 2019, 4:20 PM

7 games and I split the cost with a buddy... We are spending about $450 each. That doesn't include other costs for items already bought and paid for like a generator, satellite, TV, chairs, table, etc. That's just the tickets, parking, food, beverages and gas.

Bowl games are usually in the $3,000 and up range.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best deal I ever got

Sep 8, 2019, 4:20 PM
IMG_0029.JPG(147.5 K)
IMG_0033.JPG(137.0 K)

Cost me gas from my house to Gaffney to meet my Son and then back to the house. All the food I could eat and top shelf I could drink. Did I mention it had A/C and some nice surroundings. What a day!! Time: 13 hrs from my door and back, total

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Re: Your wife looks alot like Nancy O'Dell!

Sep 8, 2019, 4:51 PM

;)

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Best deal I ever got

Sep 8, 2019, 4:53 PM [ in reply to Best deal I ever got ]

You are throwing way beyond your coverage with that one brother, good job

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Best deal I ever got

Sep 8, 2019, 6:04 PM

You are correct!! Ever once in a while a piss-ant will sneak into the sugar dish

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Sep 8, 2019, 6:44 PM

LBB, Where do you park in Clemson?

Do you ride a bicycle around campus when you are in Clemson?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 2,795
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic