Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: A season ends, but this one ends with the sweet taste of success
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

New Story: A season ends, but this one ends with the sweet taste of success

Jan 16, 2017, 8:01 AM

A season ends, but this one ends with the sweet taste of success

The confetti has been swept away, the parade is finished and Death Valley now sits and waits for the spring game on April 8th. The coaches are out on the road recruiting this week, spread out across several states, and the players that were an integral part of Clemson’s National Championship win are scattered to the four winds. Welcome to the offseason. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: A season ends, but this one ends with the sweet taste of success

Jan 16, 2017, 8:28 AM

There is no doubt this championship will carry every Tiger through the Spring and Summer....and for many years to come. Let's hope we have more springtimes like this. It has been an excellent ride and yes it beats a bowl in Birmingham (nice dig at the Coots!)

Jan 16, 2017, 8:29 AM

"And there is one final question I will throw out there – can we do it again? "

Absolutely! And I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen a couple more times in the next 10 years. It's a great time to be a tiger!

Jan 16, 2017, 9:02 AM

We're the best until someone knocks us out that seat. But we will always be the best of 2016 and we can never be knocked out that seat, and no one can ever take that trophy from that group of players. There is one thing that will always be compared, and that is this 2016 team to the next great team we put on the field that will win it all again. But this 2016 will never be assembled again, and there want be a way to see who or what team may have been better. The 2016 teem proved that they were the best in the land!!!

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 16, 2017, 9:11 AM

Does leave a sweet taste. I guess at the parade et al it's finally sinking in both that we really won and we'll never see these players don a tiger uni on game day. It is sad and depressing.

However, moreso than the last two years, I'm excited about signing day and spring practice. In addition it makes it a little sweeter to follow the other sports.

And yes, agree with the others we may see several the next decade. I still think we'll challenge for the division and the acc championship this year!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 16, 2017, 9:28 AM

Absolutely, and I'm now feeling that state of depression that this all over, and this is what happens when we finally get what we have wished for, for years!!! Can't wait for the next one and go through all these changes again.

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 16, 2017, 10:03 AM

Yes, we will contend every year and we can win the whole ball of wax again in 2017!

Go National Champions!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Jan 16, 2017, 11:06 AM

I will be more than happy if we can win it all again next year, but honestly, I'm not seeing that happening with us starting a new QB that we don't even know for sure who that guy is right now. I know that our D should be no worst than a top 20 D but expecting better. But we will be replacing quite a few starters from our offense. We will be replacing Guillermo, two of our best WR from this year in Williams and Scott, RB Gallman, TE Jordan Leggett, our back up QB Schuessler that finally proved that he could fill in for a few snaps and actually move the ball, plus

Jan 16, 2017, 10:27 AM

;)

Your questions are easy, Mr. Hood

Jan 16, 2017, 10:40 AM

Who will be the starting quarterback? This is the trickiest one of the group, which will produce the story lines you're looking for. Bryant is the starter against Kent State with either Cooper or Johnson taking over before the halfway mark.

Who will play running back? Literally the same players who played running back last year - Choice, Fuller, and Feaster. There aren't any other scholarship running backs on the roster. Easy.

Who takes Mike Williams’ spot? Literally the same player who played Mike Williams' spot last year - Deon Cain. Also, Tee Higgins will get reps. Another easy one.

Who are the new voices in the locker room that will provide leadership? All of the leading voices from the locker room this past season aren't gone. Christian Wilkins isn't exactly quiet.

Can we do it again? Yes. Will we in 2017? No.

Re: Your questions are easy, Mr. Hood

Jan 16, 2017, 11:26 AM

I agree with you, but I do believe in this coaching staff elevating the players they know for sure can be that next man up.

Re: Your questions are easy, Mr. Hood

Jan 17, 2017, 9:36 PM

I am concerned since they announced we are losing another defensive coach...the linebackers coach. I know Dabo & Venerables will get the best men for the job they can. Wishing both coaches the best in the future.

I hope this does not hurt our recruiting. Go Tigers!!!1

Shout out to Carlos Watkins and Jordan Leggett...***

Jan 16, 2017, 11:30 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Shout out to Carlos Watkins and Jordan Leggett...***

Jan 16, 2017, 12:44 PM

I was about to do just that but thought I'd read ALL the post first. ?
A slight oversight by Mr. Hood.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes we can.....

Jan 16, 2017, 12:08 PM

But will we contend for a national title in 2017?
I think we will contend, but I would not be surprised if either FSU, UL or even NCSt wins the division, or UM, VaT wins the conference.

I would say that UA and OhioSt are preseason front runners for the Natty, but it would not shock me to see PennSt or SoCal in the playoff.

Goal is same as last year, win the opener, with the division, win the last game, ...... We have to have some players step up and wear the BIG CAT pants at QB, WR, TE, LB, DB...... Yes we can, but we got to have players grow up fast, I think the team will be as talented or more than this year, but the experience lost will not be replaced in one season.

Re: Yes we can.....

Jan 16, 2017, 8:37 PM

I hope and pray that our coaches and players doesn't approach this off season with these type of attitudes. Every team in the country will start with a new season and a new team. Some loses and some gains in coaches and players personal. Like Dabo stated, "know body gave us jack". Every team will have to start out by earning it. All will have to play the entire game and the entire season on the field. Every down, every play, and every series. Know give-me's or freebies. Every team starts the season even (0-0). With CLEMSON, "BEST IS THE STANDARD" PS: Spot the ball and let the chips fall where the may ("NO DOUBTS")

Jan 16, 2017, 1:32 PM

That darn confetti showed how STUPID, CRIMINAL MINDED...even pro-DOMESTIC TERRORISM many game attendees displayed before, during and after the game...and on public property! CLEMSON's South Carolina is still #1 worst government in the American State Litter Scorecard. Littering public properties--including tax-paid stadiums--is ILLEGAL in Florida, South Carolina, Alabama and the 47 other states --subject to a fine or potential arrest. That solid waste breeds disease and insects that sickens and KILLS humans--and now a contributor to SERIOUS acts of terrorism within mass human gatherings, by federal, state and local governments. Think of all the money these Governments that own and maintain stadiums could make from truly enforcing enacted law. If they couldn't arrest these thugs, maybe the local police and officials could have at least rigorously collecting fine payments from 1,000's of litterers. No wonder why Sports Stadium Event Attendees and persons age 16-25, are recognized in dozens of studies as "Profiled Litterers," people prone to or most willing, to ILLEGALLY litter or dump solid waste. MAKING AMERICA (and South Carolina/Alabama/Florida) GREAT AGAIN! starts by capturing and punishing litter terrorists at America's sports stadiums and arenas--and anywhere else 1000's of terrorists and young people gather at the same time

Jan 16, 2017, 1:57 PM

well you certainly dumped a large load on our parade... I would not call it litter.....

Jan 16, 2017, 11:39 PM

I like your comment and I accidentally pressed the down button

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

oh Geezus... we're going heap that desire on a Freshman QB?

Jan 17, 2017, 6:26 AM

I think the 'fevered brow' wasn't that of the fans a week after the NCG,

but instead was that of Mr. Hood when he wrote this piece.

Can I get a 'hoorah' for a likely 9-3 season

for an inconsistently experienced, reasonably talented, presumed up-and-coming

but entirely new group of young men?

repeat... wtph?

Jan 17, 2017, 9:29 PM

Tonight as I watched "Salute To A Champion" I noticed as the camera's panned over Death Valley the Oculus in the West End Zone and the similarities it had to the National Championship Trophy. If you look down from the sky you can see the the connection I am speaking of. It looks so much from the top like the trophy. Check it out. Trophy was meant to be here at Clemson. I don't know if any of you have noticed it, but I think it does. Maybe some of you won't notice it or think otherwise, that is okay.

Go Tigers, thank you guys for giving me the happiness I've had for the past week. So very proud of you all. It is never one person who does it. It takes each players commitment like these guys did. How can we not appreciate each of them for the many hours they are doing what they do and working and preparing themselves for the games, lets not forget classes they have to go to and studying. Proud of what they do. They are not just preparing themselves for the games but preparing themselves for the future.

Was impressed with some of the recruits that is coming to Clemson...they said they could not wait to get here and get their own...the kind of attitude it will take to do it again. Go Tigers!!!

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic