Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Does anyone else ever get jealous of other conferences?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 44
| visibility 1

Does anyone else ever get jealous of other conferences?

Oct 25, 2020, 2:16 PM

Hear me out. We’re the only good team in our conference. Games get kind of boring. I know I’m not the only one who feels that. Other conferences have more good teams, and hence, better games. I just wish someone would step up. Our only Reg season near loss last year would probably never sniff a bowl game in the SEC or Big 10. Maybe even the Big 12.

Feels like football season would be a lot more fun in a better conference.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Found One

Oct 25, 2020, 2:18 PM

LOL

Re: Found One

Oct 25, 2020, 2:36 PM

He probably thought that LSU game yesterday was LOADS of fun. ??????

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

HAHAHAH

Oct 26, 2020, 8:42 AM

yep

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

I smell chicken

Oct 25, 2020, 3:29 PM [ in reply to Found One ]

Lol. No, I enjoy winning.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LMAO...

Oct 25, 2020, 2:20 PM

Ok Coot. Funny cause the ACC is better than the SEC this year...

Re: LMAO...

Oct 25, 2020, 2:26 PM

Pretty tired of people accusing me of being a Coot fan. You’re telling me you haven’t been bored at all this season? Don’t lie. Look at who we’ve played!

All conferences are down this year, but I’ve felt this way for a couple years. You’re just being a biased ACC homer.

Beating the crap out of teams is NOT boring!

Oct 25, 2020, 2:31 PM

I don't find domination of other teams boring in the last.

Why do you want a close game? Don't you want to see Clemson win by as much as possible?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Beating the crap out of teams is NOT boring!

Oct 25, 2020, 2:41 PM

Good point, but I guess my thing was, I want to beat the crap out of good teams. I can’t imagine many great teams would even care about a win to Syracuse or Wake Forest. Obviously I love watching us play but playing your 4 year old brother in chess is only fun for so long.

Re: Beating the crap out of teams is NOT boring!

Oct 25, 2020, 2:48 PM

So where does a SEC knobber like yourself rank this LSU team? How bout Mizzou, Kentucky, FL, AUBURN??? That’s right, they are hot garbage. It never gets old hearing “the A she she” is weak when the East couldn’t beat a team in the BIG, lol!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

+1 for "knobber"... Might add "slobberer" next time.***

Oct 26, 2020, 12:23 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Your 40% pulse says it all.***

Oct 25, 2020, 2:31 PM [ in reply to Re: LMAO... ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

39%. Mr. Notacoot gotta work pretty hard to get that low.***

Oct 25, 2020, 2:34 PM

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: 39%. Mr. Notacoot gotta work pretty hard to get that low.***

Oct 25, 2020, 2:44 PM

If you look at my other thread I specifically called out whether Pelini or Muschamp should be more embarrassed. Not a Coot fan. You guys are such ACC homers that you’ve got more in common with SEC fans than you realize.

Like I said, playing chess with a 4 year old is fun for like 5 minutes. It’s an exaggeration but that’s the principle of it

Calling Clemson fans “ACC homers” proves you are a coot. And an idiot.

Oct 25, 2020, 2:45 PM

The only “conference fans” in the world are the bottom dwellers of their conference, in your case the SEC, riding the coattails of the top 1-2 teams in the conference.

You are the scrawny bird in the upper right.

Re: Calling Clemson fans “ACC homers” proves you are a coot. And an idiot.

Oct 25, 2020, 2:51 PM

Lol, yea, we are always chanting ACC after a Clemson win, ha ha! It just means more!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Your post history is mostly negative

Oct 25, 2020, 2:36 PM [ in reply to Re: LMAO... ]

So bama v tenn was not boring. Vick’s vs Nebraska not boring?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Your post history is mostly negative

Oct 25, 2020, 5:42 PM

It’s true the acc is probably the worst conference in College football right now. SEC, B1G even the big12 cootyman

Gamepeckers smelled up Southern, ACC, Metro and now SEC....

Oct 25, 2020, 11:42 PM

...which conference would you like to join next???

Went to that boring Notre Dame game in Dallas and the only game more boring

Oct 25, 2020, 3:21 PM [ in reply to Re: LMAO... ]

that I've been to was the next one in Santa Clara against the Tide. I mean, 30-3 followed by whatever embarrassing team Bama fielded.. That 4th quarter.. did Bama even have the ball?

We need more ccompetitive games. Thank God for Syracuse.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: LMAO...

Oct 25, 2020, 5:49 PM [ in reply to Re: LMAO... ]

The real question is wouldn't s of sucky be better off in the ACC. At least then you would have more contempt for the team that beats you? It must be really bad when the teams that you long to be and admire beat you down consistently

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Does anyone else ever get jealous of other conferences?

Oct 25, 2020, 2:21 PM

No. I'm also secure in being a heterosexual male.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 25, 2020, 2:28 PM

Do you ever get jealous of other men? You know, successful, intelligent, well spoken, educated type blokes?

Asking for a chickens perspective of Clemson men.

No, never.

Oct 25, 2020, 2:29 PM

I like the ACC and think it's a great fit for us when you consider the totality of our athletic programs as well as our academics.

Some people here seem to love the SEC, but these people are likely all about football and don't care as much about the other sports or academics (or ethics for that matter). I personally can't stand the SEC.

Honestly, Clemson is a much better fit for the ACC than the SEC, Big 10, Big XII, etc.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: consider athletic programs as well as academics

Oct 26, 2020, 7:34 AM

I don't think the SEC especially cares for our concept that academics are important in college. They keep referring to our graduates as "departing early for the NFL" or "transferring" to the schools where they earn their graduate degrees.

Oct 25, 2020, 2:30 PM

No

Negative Ghost Rider***

Oct 25, 2020, 2:32 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry pal. SEC weak this year***

Oct 25, 2020, 2:34 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I get jealous of other schools...

Oct 25, 2020, 2:50 PM

that have better rivals

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I get jealous of other schools..."Now who

Oct 25, 2020, 3:39 PM

can argue with that?" (Blazing Saddles -I think)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 25, 2020, 3:14 PM

No, not jealous just concerned that the ACC is lacking quality competition. Obviously, ,it will benefit the conference if and when Ga. Tech, and FSU bounce back, and if Manny could somehow get the "thug " out of Miami.
But as much as I hate to admit it we need Notre Dame in as a full football member. My thinking is a quality Notre Dame could recruit against those Big-10 schools, and that would force those schools in the upper areas of the conference to recruit some of those same players.

Re:does anyone ever get jealous of other conf? OH yes

Oct 25, 2020, 3:27 PM

when they show a backbone because I keep wishing the needy desperate ACC would do that. Alas the ND cave in and ignoring UNC's cheating show it will never happen as long as Swoff is there though.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 25, 2020, 3:43 PM

Texan, your school, USuC, would be better off in another conference because you clearly don't in the SEC. Try the Southern Conference. You may have a winning record there. Maybe.

Oct 26, 2020, 3:36 AM

When is the last time the coots beat an ACC team in football? ROTFL! Clemson, Virginia and North Carolina all say Hi,Come on over to the ACC!

Why would we?***

Oct 25, 2020, 3:43 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How about jealous of the PR?

Oct 25, 2020, 3:52 PM

The SEC and the B1G get great press that persuades many people of the strength of those leagues. It's a nice narrative, but it masks the truth. Right now Clemson owns the ACC in the same manner Bama and OSU owns those other leagues. Generally, all the Bama vs SEC and OSU vs B1G games are not competitive and so tend to be boring. I'm a Clemson fan and I want the Tigers to dominate our league rivals. Sorry if winning bores you.

Alabama has won 13 straight vs TENN, 12 straight vs Arkansas, 11 straight vs Vandy,6 straight vs Florida, 6 straight vs Georgia, 6 straight vs Ky (37-2 overall), 5 straight vs Ole Miss (52-10 overall), 8 of last 9 vs LSU, 6 of the last 9 vs Auburn, and 11 of all 15 vs SC. Clemson does not dominate the ACC as thoroughly as Bama dominates the SEC. (CU stands at 2-2 in the last 4 vs Bama.)

Ohio State has similarly dominated the B1G. You can look it up.

Go Tigers!!

There are other conferences?***

Oct 25, 2020, 4:02 PM

Oct 25, 2020, 4:26 PM

Negative!
The ACC is just fine, the tiger are good, younger kids get a chance to play and become better, the sun will come in the morning and the world is fine.

Oct 25, 2020, 4:36 PM

I would be more for doing away with conferences and schools having the ability to create their own schedules. The ACC sucks donkey balls in football, and it makes for boring games. There is zero atmosphere most road games as their fans just dont care.

Now make no mistake , the ACC is not the only conference with this issue, and isn't Clemson fault in the least. However, this is a bad football conference

Oct 25, 2020, 4:39 PM

Oh boy.When will this crap ever end? We are fans of what is currently the most dominant football program in the country. Our post season record is the envy of ALL teams in the NCAA. Please, let's put this "conference first" BS to rest and let the cooters nut ride themselves deeper into obscurity.

Oct 25, 2020, 4:43 PM

Yeah, because when Oklahoma and 0310 State won the B1xG every year, those conferences are clearly better than the ACC? Surprisingly, when Alabama dropped off, they stopped winning the SEC every year. When Clemson becomes worse then the ACC will have true parity. It’s not about everyone else when you’re that much better.

Absolutely not. Did I miss where the Big Ten had great teams?

Oct 25, 2020, 6:02 PM

Aside from LSU last year the SEC is more or less Bama’s punching bag. Has the Big 12 sent anyone besides Oklahoma to the playoff? And is there still a PAC 12?

Clemson is a premier program right now. The ACC has plenty of programs that can get back up there. If UNC-Ch can do it, a lot of programs can. Miami, FSU, VT...all could turn it around with the right coach and a little patience. In the meantime we play many teams per year that don’t require a plane ticket, have decades of history against them And a strong conference reputation that we aren’t just a bunch of football factories. AND Clemson schedules two SEC teams most years and plays Noter Dame frequently, so we have plenty of good games. A envy no other conference.

null

Oct 25, 2020, 11:49 PM

No. I like our conference. It gives us time to fix our problems.

6 straight CFB Playoffs and counting... Conference?

Oct 26, 2020, 12:32 AM

We're playing for NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 26, 2020, 8:49 AM

I am a Clemson fan. I like it when Clemson wins and I don't give a darn about people who want to talk about their conference. We all know that fans who root for a conference have terrible football records. We all know that Alabama, Ohio State, Oklahoma and Clemson fans do not go around talking about the conference where we play.

Here is the record of the best teams in college football over the past 6 years:

1 Clemson.........0.90805 79 8 0 87...5 conference titles, 2 Nattys, 5 CFPs
2 Alabama.........0.90698 78 8 0 86...4 conference titles, 2 Nattys, 5 CFPs
3 Ohio State......0.90361 75 8 0 83...4 conference titles, 1 Natty
4 Oklahoma........0.81481 66 15 0 81...5 conference titles
5 Boise State.....0.79012 64 17 0 81
6 App State.......0.78205 61 17 0 78
7 Georgia.........0.78049 64 18 0 82...1 confernce title
8 Wisconsin.......0.76829 63 19 0 82
9 Louisiana State 0.75641 59 19 0 78...1 conference title, 1 Natty
10 Notre Dame......0.71429 55 22 0 77

Replies: 44
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic