Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Overton & Ross - amazing WR, BUT, Not that
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Overton & Ross - amazing WR, BUT, Not that

Oct 28, 2018, 10:48 AM

fast.

fsu guys could chase them down from behind. They are not that fast. But awesome WR weapons.

Amari MUCH faster.

anyone else notice that ???

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Overton & Ross - amazing WR, BUT, Not that

Oct 28, 2018, 10:54 AM

Ross had an ankle injury that may have slowed him down some yesterday.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it did look like he had a hitch in his giddy up yesterday.***

Oct 28, 2018, 9:29 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 28, 2018, 10:55 AM

Ross does have some speed. Remembering him catching a ball and out running the safety to the sideline against GT. Overton on the other hand doesn’t have elite speed but his hand eye and strong hands make up for it. I think Overton is great just a deep WR rotation.

Oct 28, 2018, 11:21 AM

He actually grabbed the other receiver and threw him into the guy he wanted him to block. lol

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 28, 2018, 11:22 AM

Wrong reply should be the post below.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ha - he was purposefully slowing up to wait on blockers

Oct 28, 2018, 11:15 AM

because he knew one of the FSU backs was going to at least slow him down- I imagine all of their dbs are in the 4.3-4.4 range. As to Rodgers - smaller guy who has some wheels that’s one reason why he’s our PR. That said- that is a play where Taggert is going to be benching some guys for quitting on a play. Doubt they catch him but they sure as hell didn’t try- not sure if they were worn down or surrendered already- probably some of both. Ross is a combination of everything and has shown the ability to run away from people already this year.

Oct 28, 2018, 12:59 PM

The the most important thing for a deep ball is catching it, not being the fastest.

Oct 28, 2018, 1:02 PM

Right. FSU hasn’t recruited any speedsters. They suck at getting quality athletes. To get run down by those scrubs says a lot.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Oct 28, 2018, 5:51 PM

Yeah. FSU might be way down but they still have dudes over there. Speed is one of the few things bad coaching dosnt seem to impact. I dont think either of them are burners but they are not "possession" guys either. Now, ever since I saw Tee running stride for stride with Feaster last year on a long run..that cat is fast! Also Powell has pretty good wheels as well. In the end, Charone Peake was the fastest recruit I recall getting for some time. Seems like we may have had some other dudes do pretty well about that same time :)

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Correct-TS is trolling or Uninformed****

Oct 28, 2018, 11:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Overton & Ross - amazing WR, BUT, Not that ]

Oct 28, 2018, 1:09 PM

Don’t forget DBs are built for speed. Darrell Green was the fastest man in the NFL for a long time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 28, 2018, 4:57 PM

I remember Darrel Green running down and catching Willie Gault when Gault had a 10yard lead. If I am not mistaken Gault competed in the Olympics for track. Green was amazing.

Oct 28, 2018, 6:31 PM

I couldn’t find the Gault rundown, but there is this.

https://youtu.be/eJLB67d75GA

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 28, 2018, 9:23 PM

Thanks for the link. It's been awhile so I was probably confusing the Dickerson run down and the Gault 60m win. Either way Green was fast.

Your mom is fast***

Oct 29, 2018, 1:19 AM

Re: Your mom is fast***

Oct 29, 2018, 6:44 AM

Oh FSU has 4-5 star guys in the secondary. They may not be coached very well, but they are pretty fast.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic