Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Clemson BOT chairman ends Big 12 talk
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 138
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Clemson BOT chairman ends Big 12 talk

Jun 13, 2012, 9:45 PM

Clemson BOT chairman ends Big 12 talk

Clemson Board of Trustees Chairman David Wilkins said on Wednesday "We are 1000 percent in the ACC" and there have been no discussions with the Big 12. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LMBO. Poor york.***

Jun 13, 2012, 9:46 PM

no...

Jun 13, 2012, 9:48 PM

I will not come over so quit asking

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

oh well, lets all sit back and enjoy pu$$y football now.***

Jun 13, 2012, 10:34 PM

Re: oh well, lets all sit back and enjoy pu$$y football now.***

Jun 14, 2012, 8:02 AM

Why don't you run on out there and tell that to our players? You would last 2 snaps

Re: oh well, lets all sit back and enjoy pu$$y football now.***

Jun 14, 2012, 9:59 AM [ in reply to oh well, lets all sit back and enjoy pu$$y football now.*** ]

And why don't you shut up. Fans like you we don't need

So where'd you get all that "info?" Serious question.***

Jun 14, 2012, 4:25 PM [ in reply to no... ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

this bashing of York is really old...I've been on Tnet for a

Jun 13, 2012, 9:49 PM [ in reply to LMBO. Poor york.*** ]

very long time and I've never seen anyone singled out and bashed like him EVER.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: this bashing of York is really old...I've been on Tnet for a

Jun 13, 2012, 9:52 PM

I'm going to have to agree. It's starting to feel like it is always a witch hunt around here now.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 13, 2012, 9:52 PM [ in reply to this bashing of York is really old...I've been on Tnet for a ]

I agree with the bashing nonsense but im gonna have to say york tigers bashing doesnt hold a candle to what blue caddy has gotten.

Only difference is only one of them deserves it. :)

blue caddy was negative to the point where he brought

Jun 13, 2012, 9:53 PM

it on himself..as you say..this is not that case....this is beyond reasonable.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly***

Jun 13, 2012, 10:32 PM

Right b/c having an opinion heavily supported by the facts

Jun 13, 2012, 10:54 PM [ in reply to blue caddy was negative to the point where he brought ]

is negative.

I was the first to say TB would never get it done. Was saying it midway through his 3rd season. Who was right? Me or TNET?

I said don't promote Shyatt. We did. How did that work out?

I said Terri Schiavo was brain dead when the Bible thumpers were on here for weeks screaming doctors don't know jack and it's in god's hands. Months later the autopsy proved her brain was dead for a LONG time!

I think Jack's best days are long gone. His success was thanks to what Wilhelm built, and then assistants like Sully, Corbin, & Paw. The numbers prove it and I will post that hopefully sometime next week.

I said do NOT make Dabo the HC. I listed a plethora of reasons why and predicted a list of things that would happen if he was. So far everything I wrote and predicted was accurate.

People calling me negative are kool aid drinkers. People in denial. People that for irrational personal reasons care more about a coach than Clemson. People were like this with TB. Yet threw him under the bus soon as he was gone. Irony of all ironies, I'm now one of TB's biggest supporters on TNET. The Dabo crowd that once worshiped TB now refuses to give TB credit for the good things he did because that would marginalize Dabo.

I repeatedly say good things about Dabo as a person and I repeatedly give credit to Dabo for a few good things as HC. His rabid worshipers, however, attack me despite the facts and evidence, and they refuses to admit all the negatives since Dabo became HC. ALL they do is point out a few positives that have limited shelf life and are questionable achievements. Listening to Dabo supporters is like listening to Obama blaming all the bad on others while basking in the glory of marginal achievements heavily influenced by others. The outlandish excuses posited by Dabo & Obama supporters would make a bratty lazy 6 year old blush.

The majority of coaches are eventually fired.

Jun 13, 2012, 10:57 PM

It doesn't make you special to expect each to fail.

I not only said TB would fail but gave the exact specifics

Jun 13, 2012, 11:12 PM

as to why 7 years before he was finally run off. I was bang on. The same with Dabo. I said why he should not be hired in detail, and so far I have been spot on!! Same with Jack.

I'm not saying I'm special, I'm merely objective. The evidence is there for anyone to see. Anyone, that is, except for those in denial. I don't get hung up on personalities or people. I don't let emotional & irrational support of individuals cloud my judgment. I love Clemson. Coaches and presidents come and go. My loyalty is to Clemson.

You haven't been *spot on* about anything.

Jun 13, 2012, 11:17 PM

You have no proof of what you say you said about Bowden so that's thrown out based on your known lack of character, the jury is out on Jack's tenure, and to this point you were dead wrong about Dabo. So far you're 0-3.

My post history is well known. The only 0-3 is Dabo vs USC***

Jun 13, 2012, 11:22 PM

Is that why you have a pulse lower than your belt size?

Jun 13, 2012, 11:27 PM

You're 0-3. There's nothing you can do to dispute it except tell more of the same disproven tales you have a bazillion times before.

You must think everyone is as doltish as you. BTW, Dabo is 1-3 versus uSC, not *0-3*.

He's 0-3 as official HC. And my pulse rate is low for the

Jun 13, 2012, 11:29 PM

same reason we suck. An apathetic fan base in total denial.

Yea so it's exactly like I said. I guess that's the best

Jun 13, 2012, 11:44 PM

you can do to admit it, and of course you threw in more delusions too.

Re: My post history is well known. The only 0-3 is Dabo vs USC***

Jun 14, 2012, 10:11 AM [ in reply to My post history is well known. The only 0-3 is Dabo vs USC*** ]

Well guess you think it was wrong to promote Frank Howard as he also lost 3 in a row to the coots and had a 13-15 (with a couple of ties)lifetime record. He also regularly got blown out by Alabama, Auburn, GaTech (in SEC) and one year won the ACC but lost to Alabama 30-0 and USC (the real one) 35-0.
Granted, you saw a good run of Clemson football in the 80's, but if you look at our history, it was not typical.That is the problem with a lot on Tnet. Their whole focus is on a few years. We were very lucky to win the National Championship. Do you honestly think, for instance, that if any other major program had been undefeated that year we would have been voted NC? We were the only one.
Also, the period of our greatest success resulted in probation. Are you one of those who want to cheat to win or run a clean program.
As far as Dabo goes, he is making changes necessary to build a program. Just maybe under TB the program was in worse shape than any of us realized. Injuries haven't helped either.

he said he is spotting not *spot on****

Jun 13, 2012, 11:53 PM [ in reply to You haven't been *spot on* about anything. ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

*His rabid worshipers, however, attack me despite the facts*

Jun 13, 2012, 11:08 PM [ in reply to Right b/c having an opinion heavily supported by the facts ]

I don't see a buncha *rapid worshipers*, but I do see the majority of people able to tell truth from fiction. Dabo is doing a good job and is pushing forward to improve. That's the bottom line. The *facts* in total are balanced towards Dabo by a good stretch - much more meaningful than your poorly disguised vitriol. I also do not see a buncha people attacking you any more than you attack everyone else. You're full of it.

Denial is truly blissful.***

Jun 13, 2012, 11:14 PM

Link?***

Jun 13, 2012, 11:17 PM

Hhmmm either Crump finally let Matty back or Stanley is in

Jun 13, 2012, 11:23 PM

trouble and using one of his other aliases.

That's the best you can come up with?!?! In other words you

Jun 13, 2012, 11:42 PM

have no real *facts" at all. Just delusions. So I'm some other persona here - and that somehow makes it better for you? LMBO mmmkay. Whatever helps you sleep at night princess.

Re: Denial is truly blissful.***

Jun 14, 2012, 9:17 AM [ in reply to Denial is truly blissful.*** ]

If you are a Clemson supporter, I would truly hate to see one of the enemies. You are so full of yourself and so completely convinced that you are right that you project this onto everyone else and accuse them of being what you are, totally blind to the facts. Even when you are pointed out to be wrong, all you can do is twist things, like saying Dabo is 0-3 versus the coots, when he is 1-3. You decline to count his win as the interim head coach but fail to see that even if it was interim, he was still the head coach. The record books show that Dabo was head coach for that win over the coots and they count way more than your opinion. Please explain how all of your inexcusable vitriol helps Clemson in any way at all?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Right b/c having an opinion heavily supported by the facts

Jun 14, 2012, 7:28 AM [ in reply to Right b/c having an opinion heavily supported by the facts ]

Wow talk about revisionist History.

Also I found it funny you of all people accusing someone else of having multiple names.

Still waiting on a pic Chicken Boy.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Well! Aren't you the

Jun 14, 2012, 10:37 AM [ in reply to Right b/c having an opinion heavily supported by the facts ]

cat's meow!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

Wow. You've been miserable for a long time.

Jun 14, 2012, 1:11 PM [ in reply to Right b/c having an opinion heavily supported by the facts ]

Why even bother with the Tigers anymore?

GO TIGERS!!

Jun 13, 2012, 9:53 PM [ in reply to this bashing of York is really old...I've been on Tnet for a ]

agree!!! past time for all this to stop!he and the rest of us that wanted THE BEST for Clemson lost!!! U guys can gloat in peace

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have no doubt that history in the not too distant future

Jun 13, 2012, 11:04 PM

will prove Dabo was a poor choice as HC and that supporting the ACC and not forcing change was another step in the wrong direction for Clemson athletics. What Max Lennon started, Barker is perfecting. While others well ahead of us in the US News top 20 continue to benefit from the incredible publicity and visibility of high profile athletics, our leadership will continue to promote their own ego driven agendas that increasingly diverge from the mission and values that were once the foundation of Clemson University. Clemson is not what it was 30 years ago. And I fear if this direction is continued the Clemson I know and love will be nothing but a memory.

Message was edited by: Lowcountry_Raconteur®

Re: I have no doubt that history in the not too distant future

Jun 14, 2012, 10:15 AM

Hey, Clemson is more than 30 years old. That was one point in time that no one knows could be maintained.

Jun 13, 2012, 10:05 PM [ in reply to this bashing of York is really old...I've been on Tnet for a ]

Some act and think just like small children. It eases their own self pity for feeling so small for what ever reason. They were probably Dabo haters, and now they are going to hate on York for awhile. Some people just need someone to dislike for any reason.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He asked for it.***

Jun 13, 2012, 10:20 PM [ in reply to this bashing of York is really old...I've been on Tnet for a ]

Re: Some of us caught hell for just disagreeing with him.

Jun 13, 2012, 10:22 PM [ in reply to this bashing of York is really old...I've been on Tnet for a ]

The sun does not shine on one dog's butt all the time.

That's not *bashing*. Please step off the high horse.***

Jun 13, 2012, 11:09 PM [ in reply to this bashing of York is really old...I've been on Tnet for a ]

I think you forgot about express13***

Jun 13, 2012, 11:19 PM [ in reply to this bashing of York is really old...I've been on Tnet for a ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Well, What About Dabo,

Jun 14, 2012, 12:52 AM [ in reply to this bashing of York is really old...I've been on Tnet for a ]

he gets his share too.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 14, 2012, 8:03 AM [ in reply to this bashing of York is really old...I've been on Tnet for a ]

Toogie says hello

LYBO? Impossible, sister.***

Jun 13, 2012, 9:53 PM [ in reply to LMBO. Poor york.*** ]

Re: Suicide watch.***

Jun 13, 2012, 10:19 PM [ in reply to LMBO. Poor york.*** ]

Bingo!!!...... Listen to what the man said!!!***

Jun 13, 2012, 9:49 PM

I've read most of your posts and I haven't seen 1 with any

Jun 13, 2012, 10:10 PM

credible additions to the discussion.

TD.

Re: Front Page Story: Clemson BOT chairman ends Big 12 talk

Jun 13, 2012, 9:49 PM

Wow this sucks our chance to get out and we ruin it....

thing is..was it our choice or did the big...

Jun 13, 2012, 9:50 PM

12 really not want us that bad?

Re: thing is..was it our choice or did the big...

Jun 13, 2012, 9:52 PM

I think the not want part was mutual. seriously

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 13, 2012, 9:51 PM

Sad sad day!!

Re: Bingo!!!...... Listen to what the man said!!!***

Haha hope you are this happy when we go 13-0 and are left out you old timers need to leave.

Jun 13, 2012, 9:55 PM

Nah man, we'll be around for a long time, but you can always go out to the mid-west and watch BigXii games if you like, if they are still around then?

Old timers? Most of the anti-Dabo, pro-Big XII crowd are

Jun 13, 2012, 11:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Bingo!!!...... Listen to what the man said!!!*** ]

folks that were around in the 70s and 80s and know how great we can be when not being held back by poor leadership with their own agendas while our increasingly apathetic fan base enables that leadership.

Barker is to Clemson what Swofford is to the ACC.

Yeah I was around then....

Jun 13, 2012, 11:24 PM

We did pretty good as a member of the ACC in the late 70s and 80s decade.

The ACC was better then, but the respect we had was not b/c

Jun 13, 2012, 11:27 PM

of the ACC. It was for going toe to toe with UGa, FSU, and other national highly ranked programs, esp in bowl games.

UNC and Maryland both had top 10 teams then....***

Jun 14, 2012, 10:15 AM

Jun 14, 2012, 10:19 AM [ in reply to Re: Bingo!!!...... Listen to what the man said!!!*** ]

Well so the ones who have supported Clemson for all our lives now should just leave? You young punks need to have some respect

get ready guys!! So Con here we come!! IMHO we should change our schedule to play Furman, Wofford, El Cid,PC,Ga. Sou, Western Carolina...teams we can compete with!!! meanwhile the dirty c$$ts SLAUGHTER us every year until we quit playing them... sad day for a once proud program!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 13, 2012, 9:54 PM

It really is....we have such great passion, pagentry, tradition, and potential to be great but we are going to die on the vine in the acc

Point.***

Jun 13, 2012, 11:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Clemson BOT chairman ends Big 12 talk ]

no surprise

Jun 13, 2012, 9:53 PM

This admin & BoT showed they have no balls....still stuck in a bball league with mediocre football that will never sniff the new playoff structure.

So, once the Orange Bowl bolts ACC, what is our premier bowl: Sun, Independence or maybe we can get the Minieke back.

Jun 13, 2012, 9:54 PM

If the ACC is not successful in getting ND to join and I think that is unlikely, Clemson as a big time football program may be done.

So the guy representing Clemson, which can't discuss such

Jun 13, 2012, 9:56 PM

matters for fear of a lawsuit says, like the aTm and mizzou reps said, "we're not leaving our conference."?

Well that about wraps this up.

The worst wounds are self inflicted - Mr. Wilkins and Dabo

Jun 13, 2012, 9:56 PM

have just created their legacy to Clemson. This will outlive any action on the field, and define our future in ways that will last over a generation.

I would have to say if Dabo wins a NC at Clemson your

Jun 14, 2012, 7:26 AM

words will look rather foolish. Bottom line is, none of us know what's really going on. Talks could actually be going on hot and heavy. Wilkins' words may just be a face-value reflection of the current status. None us knows. But we can have a shot at the NC while a member of the ACC. We just have to get in mix and then win. If that happens, your words will look really, really silly.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

If Dabo wins a NC at Clemson (in the ACC), I'll be so happy

Jun 14, 2012, 1:05 PM

that I won't care how silly I look. I took Mr. Wilkins' and Dabo's comments as being real. I saw what Carolina getting into the SEC was going to mean for them 20 years ago, and I have the same bad feeling about what 20 more years of ACC will mean for us. I only want Clemson to receive, and have, the respect it deserves, now and in the future. And you are right, there is NO substitute for winning.

Bada Boom... Bada Bing!!!***

Jun 13, 2012, 9:57 PM

Re: Re: Front Page Story: Clemson BOT chairman ends Big 12 talk

Jun 13, 2012, 9:58 PM

Ride the ship down boys ride it down remember the day when dabo was scared to lose a commit or two and cost us a chance to play in a legit football conf.

Re: Re: Front Page Story: Clemson BOT chairman ends Big 12 talk

Jun 14, 2012, 10:37 AM

And what makes you think Dabo had the final say-so? Ever think that the SEC or Big 12 may not even want us?

This was my post on a thread just prior to this coming out.

Jun 13, 2012, 9:58 PM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=12347478

Clemson, FSU, Miami, and VTech must take care of business. With a few "good" teams in the middle. And then the ACC can renegotiate.

And I tend to agree. I think this was mutual on both sides. Clemson and Big 12.

C/P - if it matters.

Jun 13, 2012, 10:01 PM

Clemson and FSU appear joined at the hip on this thing.

It appears to me they may have been flexing their football muscle to the ACC to gain an advantage, or at least to be heard going forward.

We will see when the next two schools are added to the ACC. If they are not the best two football options available, then it will be a problem.

I think Pitt and Syr were knee jerk reactions to the ACC basketball brand going down. Only Duke and UNC have been relevant recently. No Maryland. No GTech. NO NC State. No Virginia in the top 10/20. SYR and Pitt added instant basketball relevance to the basketball.

In football, Miami, FSU, and VTech were supposed to add football to the ACC. Only VTech has held up their end of the bargain recently. FSU did in the 90's, but Miami never has.

Our best option right now is to take care of business in Clemson. And hope FSU and Miami get it together soon. And get VTech to stop losing that head scratcher plus BCS bowl game every year.
And hopefully BC, GTech, UNC, NCState, Virginia, and/or Maryland have decent years. They have the potential to do that. Even Pitt and Syr have that potential. They do not have to have 10-2 years. 8-4 or 9-3 would be great. Just need a "good" middle of the pack group of teams. Five out of these 8 with 8-4 or 9-3 seasons will bolster the conference.
Have 3 to 4 top tier teams, plus 5 to 8 good middle teams, and the bottom will not matter. Make that happen, and the ACC can renegotiate. The teams must hold up their end of the bargain to get a raise.

Re: C/P - if it matters.

Jun 13, 2012, 10:34 PM

so what are the two best football programs available?

Re: C/P - if it matters.

Jun 14, 2012, 8:48 AM

That is a very good question. Anyone left in the Big East worth taking?
Louisville?? Not a football powerhouse
Central Florida??

ND? Do we really think they will join?

ND is not coming

Jun 13, 2012, 10:01 PM

They are already working on a deal with NBC

I'll be really po'd if B12 ends up taking Louisville or BYU while we get UConn & Rutgers.

Another step backwards for us & coots are laughing it up at us while they will continue to outspend us by even more. Sad day.

and there are so-called Clemson fans rejoicing in this.

Jun 13, 2012, 10:06 PM

I don't think they realize the exponential effect the money will have on ACC member schools over the next 2, 3, 5 years.

Dude, you have no clue as to what you are talking about...

Jun 13, 2012, 10:12 PM

It must be nice to have a crystal ball so that you are able to see into the future so clearly. I'm a Clemson fan for 38 yrs and an alumnus, and I'm definitely not so-called.

was i talking about you?

Jun 13, 2012, 10:29 PM

me thinks thou dost protest too much.

Re: was i talking about you?

Jun 13, 2012, 10:44 PM

Yeah I do, and others that feel the same way as I.

All you do is post nonsensical stuff like "badda bing" and

Jun 14, 2012, 7:06 AM

similar BS so its hard to tell what you think. Post something of substance so we can get an idea of what you think rather than just posting worthless drivel.

Re: All you do is post nonsensical stuff like "badda bing" and

Jun 14, 2012, 7:30 AM

I am 90% sure that this 85 alumnus guy is just a Coot troll.

He has done nothing to prove he is in fact a Clemson alum.

null

What proof would you like?***

Jun 14, 2012, 8:57 AM

Re: What proof would you like?***

Jun 14, 2012, 9:53 AM

easy pic of Class ring with your screen name.

null

Jun 14, 2012, 10:50 AM

No ring, never bought one but have diploma....

Leave TNET to prove it. If you're a Clemson fan, you'll

Jun 14, 2012, 11:20 AM

leave b/c you do nothing to add to the positive Clemson experience here.

Or stay, coot-troll.

You have serious issues...***

Jun 14, 2012, 11:29 AM

it's not serious but I have an issue with your lack of

Jun 14, 2012, 1:41 PM

quality posts/comments.

You are always welcome to stop reading them....

Jun 14, 2012, 1:46 PM

We just disagree, I don't see a lot of quality in yours either, I don't call you a coot though. So be it.

Jun 14, 2012, 1:07 PM [ in reply to Re: What proof would you like?*** ]

well that is enough for me.... BULL ####. Clemson students take pride in their rings. It is a symbol of the University and one that all Alumni are proud of.

GTFO you pathetic troll.

null

Let's see yours!

Jun 14, 2012, 2:17 PM
IMAG00375.jpg(17.6 K)

Re: Let's see yours!

Jun 14, 2012, 3:13 PM

I'd say that's proof

a nameless picture of a diploma?***

Jun 14, 2012, 4:28 PM

Re: I have been a CU fan for a long long time. I am not

Jun 13, 2012, 10:27 PM [ in reply to and there are so-called Clemson fans rejoicing in this. ]

rejoicing in anything. I have my preferences and was called an idiot and everything else as were many others. I still want what is best for CU. I did not like the bs, lies and propaganda.

While I've read tons on twitter and websites from bloggers

Jun 13, 2012, 10:35 PM [ in reply to and there are so-called Clemson fans rejoicing in this. ]

who were stating the move was a done deal and would bring in a substantial amount of money for each school with TV deals, the stories I read from the credible journalists that never went along with the rumors downplayed the $ rumors and said a new tv deal would not be as big as some claimed. They said that travel costs and other hidden payouts and expenses not reported would make the revenue almost a wash. The fact that Clemson has no interest whatsoever in leaving tells me that I should be believing more what some journalists are saying and not the bloggers.

Travel costs is a red herring. We now travel to BC & Mia and

Jun 13, 2012, 11:35 PM

will soon add Syr & Pitt. The Big XII would end u at 14 if not 16 in time with the new teams from the east and southeast.

You think TexA&M is not going to benefit by being in the SEC?

Miami is once in a blue moon, but I think you're forgetting

Jun 14, 2012, 12:47 AM

all of the other sports that can pretty much bus anywhere right now. I doubt travel costs for football would ever be an issue. Most all of the other sports bus to GT, FSU, Maryland, Duke, Wake, UNC, NC State, UVA, VT and would also bus to Pitt. Syracuse, Miami, and BC are the only long distance places to get to. Big 12 doesn't even compare. We'd have to fly almost everywhere for them.

A&M had to fly almost everywhere in the Big 12

Jun 14, 2012, 12:48 AM [ in reply to Travel costs is a red herring. We now travel to BC & Mia and ]

so SEC isn't much different travel wise for them.

Re: Travel costs is a red herring. We now travel to BC & Mia and

Jun 14, 2012, 7:30 AM [ in reply to Travel costs is a red herring. We now travel to BC & Mia and ]

way to ignore the locations we bus to.

Message was edited by: clemtiger117®

null

Re: Helloooooo to the new Death Valley!!***

Jun 13, 2012, 10:02 PM

Re: Ooops, I meant Dead Valley!!***

Jun 13, 2012, 10:31 PM

Re: and there are so-called Clemson fans rejoicing in this.

Jun 13, 2012, 10:08 PM

Thank you acc is a joke of a football conf. In everyway.

##### ##### #####***

Jun 13, 2012, 10:10 PM

Jun 13, 2012, 10:12 PM

Well crap. Home n' home with TCU, though? Or at least a trip to their new stadium? We owe them that at least. They're good fans following a great program, and we were blessed to have them here.

Jun 13, 2012, 10:19 PM

I would love to see the ACC rise up to be a leading congerence in sports. We have a great conference. History and tradition is rich in the ACC. What we need is to start winning. If we can't compete then nothing we do or no conference will make a difference. We can build a winning conference that everyone envys by winning. If ACC schools can not do that then we are irrilivent in the big scheme of things. GO ACC I want you to rise up and kick butt. Bring some pride and respect to the conference. Rick F

Absolutely!!! True that!***

Jun 13, 2012, 10:37 PM

Jun 13, 2012, 10:29 PM

I will believe nothing said from trustees , ADs , coaches or presidents until August 15 . That is the last day 20 million can be paid for ACC exit fee. Remember Missouri was 100% committed to the Big12 one day and in the SEC the next.TDP quote " we will not be left from the table that decides the National Championship" , David Wilkins quote " we will entertain all offers " . How can we entertain all offers if we are 1000% committed . Remember the BCS will be a playoff format in 2014 with the Pac12 and Big10 at stand still in playoff negotiations for determining the playoff teams , where is the ACCs and Big Easts vote on this issue ?

Remember where you were

Jun 13, 2012, 10:37 PM

when you read this...just like you did when Reagan was shot, JFK was killed, the towers were hit....remember this moment...it is monumental in Clemson sports history and IT will be the beginning of the downfall...economically we will fall further and further behind our competition...we will NOT be able to keep up with them....and soon we will see the results....AND if Fsu or GT or VAT leave.........
flame on....

Re: Remember where you were

Jun 13, 2012, 10:38 PM

You are 1000% correct!!

Re: Remember where you were

Jun 13, 2012, 11:25 PM [ in reply to Remember where you were ]

You do realize a move to the B12 would have had Clemson trailing Texas by over a $1 BILLION in athletic spending in 15 years. $500 Million in Oklahoma and $300 Million to Oklahoma St. I'll remember when Clemson used good logical sense to stay in the ACC.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

exactly and it is still and was always the main issue.....

Jun 14, 2012, 8:21 AM [ in reply to Remember where you were ]

nevermind the playoff format if you are so far behind in revenue that you cant even see the "table" much less have a seat at it. now it seems like we have to hope all this rah rah chearleading of "if the conference wins things will take care of itself" pans out in the next few yrs. if it doesn't, then how long before the revenue discrepancies become irreversable? if it was a mutual thing, then we still need to get 2 football schools and renegotiate without banking on a chearleader approach.

Jun 13, 2012, 10:49 PM

I Don't believe any of this. All coach speak! This is just to settle these recruits on their visit. Still think we are in talks and will leave if offered.

Agree!

Jun 13, 2012, 11:00 PM

I still think we're negotiating. They just want to stop all the talk/rumors.

Jun 13, 2012, 11:07 PM

This doesn't necessarily need to be the "beginning of a downfall."
The teams assembled in this conference have 36 national championships between them (Pitt, Miami, and FSU making up the bulk in that order, with us and Maryland with an odd handful). Other than Alabama, Miami has more "recognized" NCs than any other Div I team.
Syracuse was the first Div I school to integrate, and may well kick most programs' ##### even today. Seriously- who would throw out $100 bucks on a bet between their team and The Orange? Someone fully prepared to lose a benjamin, because no one has made a bet against them in a century with certainty. The Big East wasn't ever a walk-through conference. Only ignorant ESPN hype had people- and I think even our own players prior to the Orange Bowl- thinking otherwise.

It doesn't matter if you have 80,000 fans show up, or 800. It doesn't matter if we have Johnny 5 star instead of the local kid who loves the game. ref: Boise State and TCU, both of whom would've eaten our butts alive on any day this decade.

Coach Well.

Play Well.

Win.

That is how we will get what we want.

Army and Navy have titles and Heisman trophies too. Think

Jun 13, 2012, 11:38 PM

we should invite them?

Your memory is quite poor. We did actually play TCU a

Jun 14, 2012, 7:01 AM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Clemson BOT chairman ends Big 12 talk ]

couple years ago, and far from having our butts eaten, we were our own worst enemy and should have won the game. TCU's first TD was set up by a total fluke/luck pass that Bowers tipped. The only real offense they had was Dalton running the ball for close to 90 yds which became a common theme of running the QB against Steele coached Clemson defenses.

Re: Your memory is quite poor. We did actually play TCU a

Jun 14, 2012, 9:40 AM

Oh, I remember all right. TCU's defense held us to our lowest score of that season. In our own house, no less.
We'll have to agree to disagree on how we view that game, but you echo my point- we should've won it.
It's on us win OOC. It's on us to go to bowls and win. It's on us to win our out-of-conference rivalry game. Do that, and we'll be ok.

My point was that sometimes it's not the TV footprint that matters, or the glamor recruits, or how much we spend, or what the other teams in our conference do.
We gotta win, and we'll be ok.

My other point was we're not in the worst possible company. We'll still have a seat at the table should we. . .win.

I'm definitely bummed the Big 12 thing didn't pan out- I'd much rather watch us play TCU or OSU than Wake or NC State, but I'm not about to deluge the BOT with emails and calls asking for us to bolt the ACC. I just ask that we win the games we should win, regardless of whatever banner we're currently under.

Hats off to Clemson!

Jun 13, 2012, 11:22 PM

I am so pleased to hear the BOT and Dabo stand up and take charge of this situation. In one swift motion they killed expansion talk right before the playoffs putting the ACC in a strong position for the meetings.

I completely agree that a move to Big 12 would have been huge mistake for the Clemson program. This is the proper geographic footprint for Clemson, and now they are set to be the flagship football team of the ACC.

Kudos for making the decision!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hats off to Clemson!

Jun 13, 2012, 11:26 PM

No dummy. Re- read the statement that was carefully crafted by a lawyer. "We are IN the ACC". My dog could tell you that fact. This is all posturing so that we don't end up in a multi-million dollar lawsuit with the ACC for collusion.

The board meets again next week. This has all been planned out.

Famous last words...***

Jun 13, 2012, 11:35 PM

must that pic be posted with every BOT story/statement?

Jun 14, 2012, 12:36 AM

How about the University seal or something?

1000%? I've asked him a million times to stop exaggerating.

Jun 14, 2012, 5:06 AM

Matthew 5:37 But let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay: for whatsoever is more than these cometh of evil.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

great

Jun 14, 2012, 7:07 AM

Now we can stay in the acc and keep having swoffie #### us in the ### with no lube at all........#### the acc

ATTENTION EVERYONE.

Jun 14, 2012, 9:26 AM

I know you guys understand it,but like me. I'm sure
its alil hard reading this when you think that a
move for Clemson is best.
Wheather Clemson is moving, or not...the President to
the coaches and BOT, are ALL trying to say the right
things...and everything is uncertain. Sure you can
understand that. No need to bite the hand that feeds
you,which is the ACC...probably some of you have stated
that above.
When this ALL COMES OUT..and everything is sorted, then
I'm sure none of what you're hearing and reading right
now will matter.If an ACC team can play for a NC,then I'm
sure we're not going anywhere,right.
If we're excluded..then I'm pretty sure we've got our
map and travel plans...thank u and have a wonderful day.

:D

sorry 4 typos

Jun 14, 2012, 9:39 AM

okay. Just wondering what is the BOT, Dabo, and Brownell going to think when FSU leaves for the Big 12, NC State and Va tech go to the SEC, and Irish do not join the ACC????????

I, for one, agree with them....

Jun 14, 2012, 9:40 AM

Although it would be nice to see Clemson play the big schools in the Big 12, until Clemson starts becoming a dominate force in the ACC year after year, then we shouldn't be going any where! Now if other teams in the league start fleeing, then of course we see there is a problem and Clemson should be on the move. But as of right now, like he said, CLEMSON needs to do our part in making the ACC better. Who cares what the other teams are doing in the ACC if we're continually on top of them.

and if we want to play the Big 12 teams...

Jun 14, 2012, 9:48 AM

why don't we schedule a non conference match up between Texas, Oklahoma, Okla St sometime?? I really enjoyed our home/away games against Texas A&M several years ago.

Everyone says

Jun 14, 2012, 9:56 AM

If we win we'll be in the picture. What if we win and our schedule gets no respect because of our conference opponents? Are you saying if a big east team goes undefeated and they're a bunch of one loss teams then they'll be in it even with a big east schedule? From what i see is the acc becoming the big east, hell thats where we're getting our teams from so whats to say it wont happen to us? Its going to come down to computers and opinion and we could easily be on the short stick.

That is why it would be a good thing to get Nortre Dame and

Jun 14, 2012, 10:18 AM

Penn St to join the ACC. Make them an offer they can't refuse. ACC COULD BE the first Conference to implement the "POD" system, group teams according to Geography and "skill level"... for example the "Clemson Pod" could be for example Clemson, GT, FSU, WF .... a "BasketBall Pod" could be, Duke, Syracuse, UNC, Virginia.... etc

The above examples are just examples, FSU I think is too far away, I like VaTech better, but that would stack all the power in one pod.... maybe each football power should be evenly distributed amongst the pods....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That is why it would be a good thing to get Nortre Dame and

Jun 14, 2012, 10:30 AM

it be nice for those two teams to join us, but it aint going to happen . Penn State aint leaving the big 10 for the ACC, and the Irish would pick the big 10 or big 12 over the ACC.

ALL Reports say if ND were to join a conference....

Jun 14, 2012, 10:41 AM

it would be the ACC ... its all over mainstream news, not just "bloggers".

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like that scenario and have heard the same....

Jun 14, 2012, 10:43 AM

Do you have links?

Re: ALL Reports say if ND were to join a conference....

Jun 14, 2012, 10:50 AM [ in reply to ALL Reports say if ND were to join a conference.... ]

not a word on espn.com about that

Great. Might as well get used to the

Jun 14, 2012, 10:24 AM

Biased officiating, horrible bowl games, the bs Swofford spews, and never winning in Chapel Hill.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

thank goodness, now we can move on to the next hot topic!***

Jun 14, 2012, 10:35 AM

I am confused...

Jun 14, 2012, 1:27 PM

why do they need the opinions of 2 coaches on a "potential" move if "There are no offers, discussions".

Is it there "were no discussions" or "there are no discussions"?

Just don't understand why they would need an opinion on something that did not exist.

I agree, this whole thing is fishy.

Jun 14, 2012, 1:37 PM

They already had a BOT meeting to discuss tuition (and have announced an increase) and conference alignment. This meeting was either. Like you say, why do you need coaches opinions if there is no discussion and no offers.

Is the talk all on Clemson's side?

128 responses to this post? Evidently he ended nothing!***

Jun 14, 2012, 1:38 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 128 responses to this post? Evidently he ended nothing!***

Jun 14, 2012, 2:35 PM

This is going to sound disrespectful, and I guess it is, but DW is a lawyer and a politician. Those folks love to pee down your leg and tell you it's raining. I don't think we're going anywhere but his comments sure did not convince me of anything.

What he said is true. Right now...at this moment...we are

Jun 14, 2012, 4:36 PM

in the ACC. and we are committed to the ACC as, I'm sure it states in the contract to be a member of the ACC.

It doesn't mean that in 10 days time or less or just before August 15th, we change our mind about being in the ACC and prefer to be in another conference.

I totally agree!!!! We are ACC and should make it better....

Jun 14, 2012, 4:33 PM

First- WE, as ACC, should get rid of Swofford, Duke football, Wake football, Boston College, Syracuse & Pitt.

Then bring in OU, UT, WVU, TTech, & TCU.

Take all the money that should have gone to Duke & Wake football, BC, Cuse & Pitt and give it to the good football schools in the ACC (us, vt, gt, fsu, & um) to help us compete stronger with the SEC et al.

Then we renegotiate the TV deal and bugger Raycom, we start our own tv station for the 3rd tier games.

and then do a bunch of other cool shiite to make it more enticing to come play in our conference and on our teams in the ACC.

Jun 14, 2012, 8:22 PM

Well guys...I've been gone for two weeks for my AT with the Guard and just got back and read this...would have like to see ya'll in the Big 12 but it looks like it won't happen...maybe one day we will see ya'll on the field.

BOOMER SOONER

Replies: 138
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic