Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Your Disappointment in losing NATTY..from scale of 1-10
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

Your Disappointment in losing NATTY..from scale of 1-10

Jan 14, 2016, 3:34 PM

mine is still around 8..even though I am about at a 5 in getting over it without crying.

Wonder how this ranks with you...and with the TEAM itself, who are the ones who lost the NATTY?

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd say I'm down to a

Jan 14, 2016, 3:37 PM

5-1/2. Next year looks to be another amazing run hopefully ending in bringing home the trophy.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 10, and it got worse as I walked to the car after the

Jan 14, 2016, 3:38 PM

game.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Your Disappointment in losing NATTY..from scale of 1-10

Jan 14, 2016, 3:40 PM

About a 4.

I don't know how to describe the feeling, but after watching such a great game, I don't think I could be disappointed. That group of Tigers poured their hearts out on that field and the other team just made a couple more plays. It happens, sometimes.

Knowing it wasn't the end of the road for our team helped a lot.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 14, 2016, 3:40 PM

Jan 14, 2016, 3:43 PM

Happy we played as well as we did, but on one hand it stings that much more knowing we were truly a play or two away. It almost would feel better if their victory had been more decisive. Or if they had made crazy catches under tight coverage or something. The fact that we really beat ourselves is what makes it worse. If didn't have that tilted alignment on the kickoff they probably never attempt the onsides kick, we get another possession and probably score since we were rolling. If we kick it out of the endzone and they never get the KO return we probably win. If our safeties didn't completely play like dog crap and leave dudes wide open because of poor football IQ / busted coverage and we at least make them earn a touchdown via a sustained drive, we probably win. That stuff stings...

...but overwhelming still proud of this team and they certainly overachieved, especially vs Alabama at least if you put a lot of stock into recruiting rankings and all that.

Re: 8 +1

Jan 14, 2016, 5:37 PM

I tu'd you, but wanted to +1 you for emphasis. Good read...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Jan 14, 2016, 3:46 PM

5, Had Bama covered the spread, it would be a 10.

Message was edited by: reynolds357®

Jan 14, 2016, 3:46 PM

9 only BC I know those guys gave 110% and ppl still question some of their effort. Also BC they were good enough but luck just wasn't there on a few plays.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

9.***

Jan 14, 2016, 3:48 PM

meh. surprisingly not nearly as sad as I thought I might be.

Jan 14, 2016, 3:48 PM

disappointed, of course, that some shoddy play let Alabama take it, but we weren't really supposed to be there this year, so winning the Orange Bowl and playing Alabama strong seems like a reasonable outcome.

Jan 14, 2016, 3:53 PM

Bill I am disappointed in the NC outcome as we all should be , but the season was a fantastic ride and Clemson Football under Dabo Swinney has arrived my friend !
Our team showed that they can expect to beat anyone out there . Going forward , I expect that to be the standard ...as best is now .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

I was OK initially but

Jan 14, 2016, 3:57 PM

after seeing the analysis of the onside kick, the TD allowed on kickoff and the multiple broken coverage and missed tackle in the 4Q, I got more nauseated.

Deshaun and the rest of the offense balled out of their minds. Put up 40 points on the "best defense college football has ever seen". Had them reeling and on their heels multiple times and most importantly in the 4th quarter....hence the onside kick.

So many things have to line up to end up in the championship game and then win it. We had them all line up except for a very few plays.

I feel great about the team, the future and all the rest. Time to turn the page.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 14, 2016, 4:00 PM

10!!!!!!!! TJ Green , Kearse ,ST you guys should be haunted by that loss for life. Green ##### are you doing on the 1st two big plays by the TE ? Then Kearse on the last one just flat out didn't care/try . Then specials team maybe putting walk on type players(Davis Twins)on kickoff isn't a good idea . Another tip maybe JAM the Gunners on punt return .

Jan 14, 2016, 4:12 PM

Down vote me all you want THE FILM DON'T LIE

Jan 14, 2016, 4:23 PM

Also Danny Pearman

10: It was a 9 before I realized Dodd and Green were leaving***

Jan 14, 2016, 4:05 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 14, 2016, 4:08 PM

Honestly the amount of respect Clemson is finally getting makes it much more bearable . Walking out of UOP stadium I was disappointed but not really sad. I am $3000 down in my bank account but it was worth every penny. I am sad for the players, particularly Maclain , but I am beaming with pride. I have heard from alums of almost every SEC school, Pac 12 schools, Big 10 schools . Their message is the same. That is the best football team and QB I have seen. We will be back and we will win it! Go Tigers!

Jan 14, 2016, 4:20 PM

Dont want to talk about it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 14, 2016, 4:24 PM

10, we should have won the #### thing period.
And as for Kerse, thanks and bye.

Sitting in the stands after the game 4. Tues 9.

Jan 14, 2016, 4:48 PM

Wed 7. Thurs 3.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

10***

Jan 14, 2016, 4:53 PM

Jan 14, 2016, 4:58 PM

If I think about the game in a vacuum it's a 7 or 8. Relative to other events in life and choices or actions I would have done differently given another chance, it's a 1 or a 2.

Jan 14, 2016, 5:18 PM

Ive taken off of work until this Tuesday, today is the first time I have showerd since Monday morning.....Just saying!!

I don't like to lose a d@mn thing. And when it comes to

Jan 14, 2016, 5:18 PM

Clemson, I'd just as soon defeat every opponent 100-0.

Thus, my disappointment was a 10; however, I quickly recovered in, oh, about 10 minutes because I realized there wasn't a cotton-picking thing I could do about it...but dare some wise as$ fan of another program other than Bama to say one freaking word!

So, there's that. lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 14, 2016, 5:34 PM

I've gotta go with an 8.

While I am 'over it', I am still very disappointed in that we COULD have won if not for two or three mistakes.

Before the game I felt we would have to play a perfect game to beat bama; however I now know it took bama's BEST game to beat us! Even with their best game, you eliminate even just ONE of our mistakes, and we would be National Champions.

Hats off to bama - they did just enough of what it took to win.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Jan 14, 2016, 5:38 PM

Would have been higher if we would have played poorly and if I felt it was officiated fairly and we still lost.

8.5 that didn't hit me until today. At the end of the game I was more at a 5

Jan 14, 2016, 5:44 PM

my wife told me she was shocked I handled the loss so well. She was ready to go whoop up on some Bama fans. She is forever a Clemson girl now even though she went to school at Georgia Southern. She told me it was like watching the bad guys win and it broke her heart. I love this woman.

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic