Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
YouTube TV vs Hulu
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

YouTube TV vs Hulu

Nov 21, 2019, 7:50 PM

I currently have both in a free trial. I haven't been able to play with each service enough to figure out all the pros and cons of each. I have to decide which to keep. What suggestions or opinions do y'all have?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: YouTube TV vs Hulu

Nov 21, 2019, 7:51 PM

Try skipping through ads on a DVRed program on each platform.
You’ll quickly see why YouTube TV is the way to go.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Nov 21, 2019, 7:54 PM

YouTube tv is awesome. Would highly recommend.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 21, 2019, 7:59 PM

Not even a contest. Youtubetv rocks. Switched from Hulu the day they added ACCN. Wouldn’t go back for anything

Nov 21, 2019, 8:11 PM

Here what is what I don't understand, you have been a member since 2002, not to many post, but I'm going to just assume you do read T-Net a lot without adding your 2 cent, and I wish I could do the same, but I can't keep my mouth shut. But what I don't understand is that I'm sure if you have visited T-Net in the past 6 months when the ACCN come on, this subject about who is best, Youtube TV or hulu, and youtube has won that discussion everytime, and now here is that same question again. For the 20 thousand time, youtubetv tops them all, and I'll never go back to cable again just to throw away $100 plus more dollars a month!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 21, 2019, 8:21 PM

I appreciate your opinion about my question.

As for your not understanding, I do not read every post/thread. I read a few each day and usually only the posts that pertain to a subject I may be curious about at that particular moment. So as to what others have said about Hulu or YouTube TV, I am uninformed. That is why I asked the question.

Go TIGERS!

Nov 21, 2019, 9:16 PM

I hope that I was able to help bc I really like youtubetv, and especially like the $50 bucks a month compared to Spectrum at $ 232 a month + $70 bucks for Spectrum internet!!! Savings, $100 bucks a month!!!

On the OPs defense

Nov 22, 2019, 7:38 AM [ in reply to Re: YouTube TV vs Hulu ]

If the OP doesn't frequent the boards much then it would be easy to have missed the streaming discussions. Subject matter flows through these boards like a stock ticker sometimes, and vast swaths of content can be missed if you are off of here for a day or two.

Nov 21, 2019, 8:05 PM

Old 13 inch b/w tv with rabbit ears or a 43 inch HDTV with a DVD player where I only own 1 DVD that happens to be a 2 hour infomercial of rock' n too the oldies?

Nov 21, 2019, 9:22 PM

I graduated to a 65" Vizio with a Bose Soundbar;)

Nov 21, 2019, 9:28 PM

That setup should make that Oldies dvd sound awesome!

Nov 21, 2019, 8:59 PM

I have sling trial going asked for thee dvr but it isnt working on accn. Not really impressed w any of the streamers so far

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 21, 2019, 9:05 PM

I've had YouTube TV, Hulu TV, and Sling. YouTube is by FAR the best interface.

Tell us your assessment so far...

Nov 21, 2019, 9:12 PM

What are your pro's and con's thus far. We can confirm your thoughts or not...let us know.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tell us your assessment so far...

Nov 21, 2019, 9:25 PM

Hulu;
-I like certain shows that are exclusive to Hulu. But that isnt a deal breaker for YouTube.
- I enjoy the absence of commercials when I DVR or watch OnDemand content

YouTube TV;
- I like the interface
- I like the ingame stats and scores while watching sports
- I like that I get all the local channels in my area. I am missing ABC on Hulu.
- I dont like the commercials when watching DVR content Hulu doesn't have commercials on DVR or On Demand content
- with YouTube it is annoying, but I can live with it, the inability to delete certain shows from a series I have liked/DVRed.

Re: Tell us your assessment so far...

Nov 22, 2019, 8:33 AM

From what's been posted so far you can see there's an overwhelming preference for YTTV. Your comments also suggest a lean towards YTTV.

YTTV it would seems is a bit more sports friendly with all the sports programming channels offered...the best for college football season.

Unlimited DVR and 3 multiple streams at no extra cost is sweet.

The good news about "no contract, no set up fee" services is that you can switch painlessly at anytime or temporarily go without. In other words there no risk so quit over thinking this an get YTTV.

BTW, as a public service announcement switch to Good2Go Mobile for cell phone service at $15/month unlimited talk/text/data on the AT&T network.

Nov 21, 2019, 9:29 PM

YouTube TV all the way, because they basically allow unlimited recording of programs, plus you can select teams to record, so for instance I can have Clemson Football, Gonzaga Basketball, Houston Texans & Toronto Raptors and anytime the teams which you have selected play, they record the games, it's especially clutch when you have games or programs you want to watch on at the same time.

Nov 21, 2019, 10:57 PM

I agree with both you and clemsontiger3 have to say, but like everything there is the good, and then there is the bad, but, for the price of youtubetv, I'll live with the bad and save the money with what I can never own regardless of how little or how much more we pay for it. Taking that into consideration, cheaper is much better!!! I paid TW/Spectrum for 15 years, and they refused me flat out when I ask for a new customer deal. I told them the instant I was convinced they wouldn't work with me, to turn the cable off while we were on the phone, but they didn't for another few days. But I am done with cable TV for the rest of my life, screw them is what I say!!! With streaming tv, we now have a choice....

Nov 22, 2019, 12:43 AM

If you have others in the house that plan to use Youtube TV (or Hulu or PS Vue or ...), you might consider getting a Roku to help make things a little easier for those that are not real tech savvy. Just a suggestion.

Everyone pretty much covered it and you can

Nov 22, 2019, 7:37 AM

look back at my posts on this for more detail. In a nutshell, I had Hulu for a month and then switched to YouTube TV. The primary reason was because Hulu didn't carry my local ABC station, and a lot of college football games are televised on ABC.

A couple of other things of note are that YouTube TV is $50 (actually $49.99), and that includes multiple streams and unlimited DVR. To get multiple streams and 200 hours of DVR on Hulu I was going to have to pay $44.99 for the base live service and another $14.99 for a package that included multiple streams and the 200 hours of DVR.

One other thing I noticed (and can't fully remember the details on it) is that for some content Hulu would not allow rewinding and fast forwarding.

At any rate, they are both decent services, but for my wants YouTube TV gives me what I'm looking for for $10 less a month and I get my local ABC.

And as a disclaimer I am still recovering from the beating I was taking paying $155 a month for Direct TV...soooooo glad I dumped that junk.

Re: Everyone pretty much covered it and you can

Nov 22, 2019, 7:44 AM

I agree that YouTube TV is the way to go. I came from DirecTV Now. YouTube is half the price with all the local stations and ACC Net. Really happy with it.

Nov 22, 2019, 8:05 AM

I dropped Charter TV and looked at all of the streaming TV services just before the beginning of football season. I picked YouTube TV over Hulu mostly because YouTube TV has better local channel support and more simultaneous streams. I needed 3, and YouTube TV supported 3 without the extra upgrade needed for Hulu.

Re: YouTube TV hands down*******

Nov 22, 2019, 3:07 PM

HTH

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Nov 22, 2019, 3:33 PM

Currently have Playstation Vue but with it shutting down I am switching to YTTV next month. The biggest thing for me is ability to stream on more devices and also Hulu TV just upped their monthly price by $5/month.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

OK, forgive the stupid question but I keep seeing the "3 streams"

Nov 22, 2019, 3:38 PM

as a big advantage of YTTV. Do you mean 3 TV's? If you have more than 3 TV's, what do you do?

I apologize in advance, have yet to cut the cord or really do any research...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

Re: OK, forgive the stupid question but I keep seeing the "3 streams"

Nov 22, 2019, 4:23 PM

3 devices at a time. You’ll need either a Smart TV, Roku, Apple TV for each tv. You can only play 3 streams at a time.

Re: OK, forgive the stupid question but I keep seeing the "3 streams"

Nov 22, 2019, 5:21 PM [ in reply to OK, forgive the stupid question but I keep seeing the "3 streams" ]

On your smart phone, tablet, laptop, smartTV, Roku, etc., etc., etc.

Use up to three devices at the same time in any combination on three of the same or separate channels by the same person or by three different family members.

So, what do you do if you have 7 TV's? We really don't need 7,

Nov 22, 2019, 6:59 PM

it just happened when my GF moved in and we combined everything. So we just stuck em everywhere... kitchen, all the BR's, etc. Even put one in the DR, which is only used a couple times a year, like to have a big Clemson game on during dinner with friends over.

Anyway, all 7 are never on at once. Maybe 2 or 3 at the most. So we'd be good, right?

ClemBert®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

My understanding is Yes, you are fine as long as 3 or less

Nov 22, 2019, 7:35 PM

devices streaming YTTV at the same time.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic