Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Time to boycott Clemson basketball.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 57
| visibility 1

Time to boycott Clemson basketball.

Feb 7, 2017, 10:11 PM

It's time for change and we need to demand it. I refuse to even watch another Clemson basketball game until Brad is gone.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You won't miss a thing.***

Feb 7, 2017, 10:12 PM

Re: You won't miss a thing.***

Feb 8, 2017, 1:58 PM

I would never boycott a Tiger sport it will show we only support you unless you winning.

There will always be fans/supporters and also

Feb 8, 2017, 5:08 PM

casual observers.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Terrible look to players and recruits***

Feb 7, 2017, 10:12 PM

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: Terrible look to players and recruits***

Feb 7, 2017, 10:15 PM

So we keep this look? Support is only going to keep Brownell on board to hinder the progress of the this program even more than he has. With the buyout it is going to take a statement to get change.

Don't think the coot has been watching Clemson.***

Feb 7, 2017, 10:58 PM [ in reply to Terrible look to players and recruits*** ]

Re: Don't think the coot has been watching Clemson.***

Feb 7, 2017, 11:21 PM

Yeh. I need 5k posts and a 100 % pulse on tigernet to be a true fan! Being an alum and season ticket holder means nothing.

Feb 7, 2017, 11:26 PM

Well, now that you see what's important, you need to prioritize your life.

Blue Caddy, I thought you were done.

Feb 8, 2017, 6:48 AM [ in reply to Re: Don't think the coot has been watching Clemson.*** ]

Still think Dabo should get fired too?

63-17

Feb 8, 2017, 1:44 PM [ in reply to Re: Don't think the coot has been watching Clemson.*** ]

You sir are not a Clemson Tiger and you really should pack your bags and move along.

From the looks of the stands thats already happening.

Feb 7, 2017, 10:14 PM

Nothing gets a coach shown the door faster than empty seats.

I'm already 2 years ahead of ya, brutha!

Feb 7, 2017, 10:31 PM

I'm dedicated to the boycott!

~JKB

They are going to fire him or not with or without your tantrums.

Feb 7, 2017, 10:32 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They are going to fire him or not with or without your tantrums.

Feb 7, 2017, 10:51 PM

Actually DRad's handling of Leggett suggests he responds directly to the loudest voices in the room so he kind of set the stage for this.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He fired Leggett a year too late

Feb 7, 2017, 11:13 PM

Ended up well for us but writing was on the wall and he didn't have the spine to act.

Brad will be the same way. Will have to be financially incented to change things.

Re: He fired Leggett a year too late

Feb 7, 2017, 11:23 PM

2 sports turn a profit. We are treading water at best in one of them. If that isn't incentive, nothing is. D Rad likes money and more so spending it. Let's see if spending 3.5 mil to admit he was wrong is up his alley.

Re: He fired Leggett a year too late

Feb 8, 2017, 4:57 AM [ in reply to He fired Leggett a year too late ]

DRad had just stepped into the job the year before he fired Leggett. Leggett was a HOF Coach whom had won championships, and had been the face of Clemson Baseball for a long time in doing so. DRad laid down the law on what was expected and granted a one year pass considering all things. Brownell doesn't have all that going for him, his only leverage at this point is his buyout and after giving Brownell pretty much everything including a pass last year I am not so sure that is enough. It would take a major turnaround. A nice run in the ACC Tournament; resulting in an NCAA Tournament birth, followed by a major recruit to go along with the guys we are already bringing in for DRad to not pull the trigger, imo. At this point I'd be so pizzed money would not be an object. Especially when considering those empty seats are money themselves.

Should do the trick.***

Feb 7, 2017, 10:33 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

please boycott - leave now - shut up and go...

Feb 7, 2017, 10:33 PM

Clemson does not need negative fans like you whining on the Internet

because you want to feel like you win all the time...

go ahead...

+1***

Feb 7, 2017, 10:34 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: please boycott - leave now - shut up and go...

Feb 7, 2017, 10:39 PM [ in reply to please boycott - leave now - shut up and go... ]

Yeh. We need fans with their heads up their arses, who sit there and watch sub par basketball and fill the stands for the NIT to get their coach an extension. If it wasn't for fans like me, who want to win, we'd still have Tommy Bowden.

No, he would have been fired anyway. Fans like you

Feb 7, 2017, 10:44 PM

just annoy everyone else in the process.

Re: No, he would have been fired anyway. Fans like you

Feb 7, 2017, 10:48 PM

Fans like me , who lI've basketball as much as football, arw frustrated with the the difference in expectations between the two programs and the fans who set those expectations.

Ok, but you are being annoying and not changing anything.

Feb 8, 2017, 12:10 PM

Pretty sure it was not you....

Feb 7, 2017, 10:49 PM [ in reply to Re: please boycott - leave now - shut up and go... ]

that lead to TB's dismissal. He did that on his own without your or anyone else's help. Don't flatter yourself

Re: Pretty sure it was not you....

Feb 7, 2017, 10:55 PM

My point is I demand the best in every sport, not just football. Our fan base wasn't going to be happy with another average year in football in 08'. Why should our expectations be different in basketball? The truth is the fans just don't really care.

Re: Pretty sure it was not you....

Feb 7, 2017, 11:00 PM

Izzat you blue caddy??? Haven't heard your chickennuggets in a while...

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here is some logic for you.

Feb 8, 2017, 12:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Pretty sure it was not you.... ]

I can not be happy, and still support the team.

I can communicate my displeasure like an adult, and not turn my back on the players.

You are certifiably insane if you think we don't care. By

Feb 8, 2017, 1:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Pretty sure it was not you.... ]

"care" - I mean something different than continuously whining on an innerweb chat board thingy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: please boycott - leave now - shut up and go...

Feb 8, 2017, 1:45 PM [ in reply to Re: please boycott - leave now - shut up and go... ]

No! What we need is your trash removed from this site.

Re: Time to boycott Clemson basketball.

Feb 7, 2017, 10:40 PM

Wrong approach. Think about what JB gave to this university by coming back this year. You want to boycott a guy like that? The players will always have my support.

Feb 8, 2017, 6:55 PM

Glad he came back. His defensive numbers are tradgic this year though. Late to the boundary on the final shot even though coach was screaming for him to be in position on the outlet pass.

Feb 7, 2017, 10:42 PM

Why not protest? Smoke bombs and ski masks. We should be focusing our efforts on wimmens beach volleyball!

56-7 Coot!***

Feb 7, 2017, 10:45 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

People. This is a coot!!!! Don't give him what he is

Feb 7, 2017, 11:02 PM

after----------attention. Always check the pulse on stupid posts.

Re: People. This is a coot!!!! Don't give him what he is

Feb 7, 2017, 11:08 PM

Lol. Sayin unpopular things makes me a coot? Most of my ratings come from 14 after the UGA game for wanting to start Watson over Stoudt and wanting to get rid of brownell the last 4 years. I don't say Ned Flanders type crap like the rest of you on here to boost oulse, because I don't care.

Yea we have heard all these excuses before. Like they say

Feb 7, 2017, 11:13 PM

walk like a coot, talk like a coot............

If you go back and read his posts he is not a coot

Feb 8, 2017, 3:27 AM [ in reply to People. This is a coot!!!! Don't give him what he is ]

He doesn't like and hasn't liked Brad for a long time. He's a bit too knowledgeable about Clemson football to be a coot and the posts that he gets TDs for aren't flaming, they are just unpopular.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If you go back and read his posts he is not a coot

Feb 8, 2017, 3:40 AM

Whatever, coot ??

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Y'all are up late.***

Feb 8, 2017, 3:50 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: Y'all are up late.***

Feb 8, 2017, 1:23 PM

pot meet kettle!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A boycott is small-minded and against all the players

Feb 7, 2017, 11:06 PM

who chose to represent us. We are better than that. I will NEVER stop supporting my team in order to get a coach fired. Write emails and voice your concern, yes. To pull against or not support the team, NO! My best friends and my savior are there during the worst and best times. I need them during the worst times.

Some of you guys need to grow up. I think we need a coaching change in BB though I like Brownell as a person. There is a right and wrong why to show this.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A boycott is small-minded and against all the players

Feb 7, 2017, 11:19 PM

My concern is that if we continue to show up for games and show interest that we will get BB another year and the next coach will have a deeper hole to crawl out of.

We barely show up as it is ...... because the product stinks

Feb 8, 2017, 1:40 PM

because of coaching.

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Quitter.

Feb 7, 2017, 11:08 PM

LOL!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Baloney. Quit acting like you are some

Feb 8, 2017, 12:41 AM

Clemson fan.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 8, 2017, 12:43 AM

Totally wrong attitude to have. We support our team despite its success or who we feel responsible for that success or lack of it.

Feb 8, 2017, 1:00 AM

I was at the game and from the looks of the crowd many are already boycotting

Fill up Littlejohn for the remaining home games....

Feb 8, 2017, 2:41 AM

This post is completely inappropriate. There are many ways to express one's support or lack thereof for a Clemson coach or team without making it totally public for ANYONE to read - including current players and coaches, not to mention recruits. My belief is the worst thing in the world is fair weather fans - in fact now is the time the bball team needs fans the most! Let the folks who are paid very well - the AD, the President of the University, and the Board of Trustees - make coaching decisions. Fans should support and use other means to vent. I honestly never thought I would read about "boycotting" any team at Clemson.

Message was edited by: CaliforniaTiger®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't blame you. You lose to lousy Bama

Feb 8, 2017, 7:13 AM

and a sad Clemson team. If I were a coot I wouldn't be watching any BBball.

I was there last night and it looked like a boycott

Feb 8, 2017, 7:15 AM

I went with a Syracuse alum and a Clemson alum handed us 2 tickets outside (thank you very much for our tickets in Section 140 row X if you are reading this). Maybe it helped I had on National Championship gear but I think this shows people don't want to be there already.

I don't like Brownell either and don't feel like he "fits" at Clemson the way Dabo and Monte do but right now he is our Basketball Coach and I support him and the team, as long as he is there.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have decided to mancott.***

Feb 8, 2017, 12:14 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Lol.. exactly how many games do you go to?***

Feb 8, 2017, 12:43 PM

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Lol.. exactly how many games do you go to?***

Feb 8, 2017, 7:19 PM

Haven't had season tix for basketball in awhile. Ive been to a few this year and almost bought one of the packages they were offering, but something told me not to get my hopes up and I am happy I did not.

I will not boycott any players wearing a Tiger uniform

Feb 8, 2017, 1:29 PM

If you are unhappy, write DRad.

GO TIGERS!!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Feb 8, 2017, 6:29 PM

I rode my motorcycle thru the Pisgah Forest today and had a blast carving up the curves, and guess what, I never even had one single thought of how crappy our BBall team is. I would suggest that the OP buy a bike, learn to ride it, and he will be amazed at how insignificant that a bunch of young men that can't play BBall and a coach that has no clue will become in his life.

Just trying to offer some options. One always has options.

BTW: I've basically boycotted CLEMSON BBall since 1 year after OP left. Too hard to watch.

BTW2: I'm still glad that Tommy Bowden was fired mid-season as it made the statement that mediocrity will not be tolerated.

BTW3: I loved and respected Jack L, but his time was past and he needed to resign. I'm glad he was let go. I still respect him.

BTW4: I will love to see BB be gone from CLEMSON. I think we can make a better choice.

Feb 8, 2017, 6:44 PM

No way. These players are Sons of Clemson. I will support. I will support Clemson.
Go Tigers.

Replies: 57
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic