Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Clemson's Will Swinney on dad Dabo: "He is invested here"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

TNET: Clemson's Will Swinney on dad Dabo: "He is invested here"

Dec 30, 2017, 10:44 PM

Clemson's Will Swinney on dad Dabo: "He is invested here"

Given the opponent and a media opportunity with all players and coaches Saturday, the topic of a future return of Clemson coach Dabo Swinney to his alma mater A Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Clemson's Will Swinney on dad Dabo: "He is invested here"

Dec 31, 2017, 3:35 AM

Like I've said before here, Dabo and his family loves it at Clemson. Sure he has roots in Alabama, but he and Kathleen have planted new young and strong roots in Clemson while the longer he's at Clemson, those roots in Alabama are shrinking and drying up with his success at Clemson, and the roots that Dabo and Kathleen have planted at Clemson are getting bigger, deeper, and stronger. There will come a time when Dabo and his family will get over the coaching scene at Clemson and when that day comes, Dabo and Kathleen's roots in Clemson will be to strong for them to leave. It's just like many of us planted new roots away from where our parents grew theirs. It's the same as most of American blood lines came to America from different countries!!! Your home is where you go to bed at night, and you are happy the next morning where you woke up at....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Bama roots died and rotted when Alabama's AD told...

Dec 31, 2017, 9:49 AM

Dabo to hang on and he had a coaching job there. Dabo went unemployed for 8 months, if I'm remembering correctly. On another occasion one of Bama's head coaches hired Dabo to coach tight ends. A few days before practice started the coach called him in and announced he'd given Dabo's job to two of his sons.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As long as the Max Lenons’ and Bobby Robinsons’

Dec 31, 2017, 7:37 AM

aren’t hired we should be safe. Extremely grateful he is here.

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Re: As long as the Max Lenons’ and Bobby Robinsons’

Dec 31, 2017, 7:44 AM

I hope you did the obligatory spit after mentioning Max Lennon's name. God rest his soul but I had absolutely no respect for that guy...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FGF now has proof it needed

Dec 31, 2017, 9:33 AM

Dabo is invested in Clemson. Part of his huge salary goes to buy players, so why leave when you’ve put your money into the program? Straight from his son’s mouth!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nah,Newspring isn't in Bama

Dec 31, 2017, 9:51 AM

yet LOLOLOL

Re: FGF now has proof it needed

Dec 31, 2017, 9:54 AM [ in reply to FGF now has proof it needed ]

Wish you had left that for the FGF folks to invent - now they can just quote the part of your post that they weren't smart enough to come up with on their own.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FGF now has proof it needed

Dec 31, 2017, 1:15 PM [ in reply to FGF now has proof it needed ]

I would bet any coot or Tiger any where that Dabo Swinney has never paid any player to come and play FB at Clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Clemson's Will Swinney on dad Dabo: "He is invested here"

Dec 31, 2017, 9:53 AM

Alabama not the same under Saban then when Dabo was there! Dabo is doing it the right way at Clemson!

Message was edited by: Sportsfan®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My guess is that nothing has changed at Bama since...

Dec 31, 2017, 10:22 AM

Bear Bryant was there.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

None of us really knows what Dabo will do

Dec 31, 2017, 10:11 AM

if/when Mama comes calling, but what we do know is that Coach Swinney has been given the time and support to build a program the way HE envisions - a family friendly winning culture where young men are held to high standards on and off the field. He has surrounded himself with like-minded coaches and staff. The administration is totally “all in.” I think the family loves it at Clemson and that’s really all the boys know. I am thankful for this great era of Clemson football.

Every Bama fan we have run into in NO has made some comment about Dabo to Bama after Saban. Will he? None of us knows. I don’t think Dabo knows. But I think the evidence is that Dabo is home.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: None of us really knows what Dabo will do

Dec 31, 2017, 1:31 PM

You are right, none of us know what Dabo will do for sure, but it would take a lot more than just Bama wanting him back up there for him to pull up from Clemson and leave. Clemson president and BOT's would have to had something to do with Dabo and family leaving Clemson, and that would have had to do with a demand that Dabo had made that the BOT's couldn't meet!!!!

You shouldn't expect Dabo to speak in absolutes.

Dec 31, 2017, 10:19 AM

I grew up with people who refused to say "I will," because it stepped on God's will. When I asked my great grandmother to do something she always said 'If the Lord wills.'

Dabo made it clear to Finebaum that he never said never. Knowing of Dabo's faith in God and his desire to allow God to remain the authority in his life will give you some insight into Dabo's addressing a potential Bama offer.

"Ten years from now, Alabama may call me and want me to come to Alabama and Clemson people may hate me at that point I may have a terrible president or AD, there are dynamics that change." Dabo

Since I'm Tnet's resident heathen I'll translate that to heathen so anyone can understand it.

I'm here until you hire some power monger who ruins Clemson's football program and makes the Clemson family hate me and want to hire someone else.

"I have always focused on being great at where I'm at and blooming where I'm planted. All I know is there is nothing we can't do here at Clemson. I don't have to go somewhere else to win at the highest level."

God wants me here and I know there are no greener pastures. Dabo is most likely referring to a Bible verse in that statement.

Psalms 1:3 "And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.

That's as absolute as it gets when you're dealing with a man of God like Dabo so when Bama fans tell you Dabo will be their next coach just tell them, 'If the Lord wills.'

Re: You shouldn't expect Dabo to speak in absolutes.

Dec 31, 2017, 12:11 PM

Amen to that! Go Tigers! Spot the ball.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic