Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ND personnel losses...no mention of Clemson's
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

ND personnel losses...no mention of Clemson's

Sep 29, 2015, 2:50 PM

It hit me last night that the talking heads keep talking about how ND has lost it's starting: QB, RB, DE, and S...and we all know that if we win Saturday night the media will simply go with the narrative that ND is depleted, etc. etc...

Well when you break it down, here's essentially what we've lost, starting: OT, DT, WR, LB/Nickelback (Wiggins)...and you could probably throw (name escaping me right now) the LB that decided he wasn't playing football anymore just before Fall practice in there as well.

Odd (sarcasm) that the media hasn't harped on the major losses we've had...but aside from QB (which btw I think Kizer will end up being better for ND than Zaire) I would say our losses have been just as damaging.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't forget the DE we lost in the spring to

Sep 29, 2015, 2:53 PM

credit card fraud.

And our starting center.***

Sep 29, 2015, 2:54 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Re: Don't forget the DE we lost in the spring to- Better off

Sep 29, 2015, 4:04 PM [ in reply to Don't forget the DE we lost in the spring to ]

w/o him. he hadnt done much and considering what he was up to he wasn't likely to

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ND personnel losses...no mention of Clemson's

Sep 29, 2015, 2:58 PM

They want ND to have all the excuses already in place.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 29, 2015, 4:21 PM

> It hit me last night that the talking heads keep
> talking about how ND has lost it's starting: QB, RB,
> DE, and S...and we all know that if we win Saturday
> night the media will simply go with the narrative
> that ND is depleted, etc. etc...
>
> Well when you break it down, here's essentially what
> we've lost, starting: OT, DT, WR, LB/Nickelback
> (Wiggins)...and you could probably throw (name
> escaping me right now) the LB that decided he wasn't
> playing football anymore just before Fall practice in
> there as well.
>
> Odd (sarcasm) that the media hasn't harped on the
> major losses we've had...but aside from QB (which btw
> I think Kizer will end up being better for ND than
> Zaire) I would say our losses have been just as
> damaging.

Guess its depends what you listen to, i have only listen to limited discussions, but I have heard them discuss both teams losses. I think ND may get a little more talk because QB's and RB's always get more talk.

Plus if you want to go back to the spring/fall, ND is up to like 9 people. 2 Qbs, 2 Rbs, (they are essential playing 3rd string of both), DE, Safety, TE, DB and i believe there was one more in there i can't think of right now.

Plus, you gotta understand, and this isn't a slam against clemson, you guys have a heck of a program and great fans and a great team, but when it comes to radio/tv, ND pushes the needle. they are going to talk about them more because there is a larger fanbase following it, spread out through the entire country. Thats why they love to push them up higher in the rankings when they don't deserve it because they can talk about them, and when they have crashed and burned the same people who pushed them up are the first ones to talk about how they were overated. so there is good and bad to that, you get more exposure, but you also get more exposure, lol, i remember about 5 years ago hearing espn talk about how are 2nd string center got busted for drinking at an underage party... i mean they will talk about anything. The media was the one who branded charlie weis an offensive guru and the made fun of him for being a supposid offensive guru.(i do think he was a bad coach, not defending him).

Look I get it, they talk to much about Notre Dame and most of the fans have unrealistic expectations about the team, but honestly most teams fans have unrealistic expectations, there are usually just more of them that are ND fans than other schools.

But make no mistake, this is not an ND team of previous years, they actually are pretty fast this year and can win this game. I don't know if they will or won't, i kinda think they lose a close one, but i wont be surprised if they win either.

And i do agree with you, i think kizer will be better than zaire, but I didn't want Golson to leave, Zaire just isn't my kind of QB, Kizer is, he just needs a little more time. I think we will be able to run the ball, not for 300+ yards, but i think they will get about 150-200. I think kizer will throw a couple TDs, but also a pick or 2, and i think those TDs will be on either busted coverage or misdirection plays, hes not going to throw at your coverage and beat you with pinpoint throws. I would guess your Qb will run for about 50-75 and throw for 200-250 and probably 2 touchdowns. My hope is we can recover a fumble or something, because we have shown very little ability for interceptions. A couple field goals here are there, and a lot of excitement!

Just treat the fans good because you guys come here next time (2020) and i have always been told our fanbase is very welcoming.

Thanks and go irish!

o and fyi:

My advantage breakdown:

Environment = Clemson
Special Teams = Equal
Coaching = ND

When ND has the Ball:
Running: ND
Throwing: Clemson

When Clemson has the ball:
Running: ND
Throwing: Clemson

Its gonna come down to a few plays at the right times!

You seem like a nice sort but here's a little tip early...

Sep 29, 2015, 5:04 PM

ND WILL NOT run the ball well against Clemson... Ain't Happnin' Captain.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You seem like a nice sort but here's a little tip early...

Sep 29, 2015, 5:34 PM

Guess we will see, I don't think expecting 150 yds is saying much against clemson.

Sep 29, 2015, 5:39 PM

"I don't think expecting 150 yds is saying much against clemson".......you have no clue what's coming Saturday

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Sep 29, 2015, 7:10 PM

> "I don't think expecting 150 yds is saying much
> against clemson".......you have no clue what's coming
> Saturday

You may be right, I'm not gonna come here and say I know Clemson, my opinions are based off mostly my knowledge of nd and a little bit of Clemson knowledge, like most of yours is the other way. I hope ur wrong though

Sep 29, 2015, 5:46 PM [ in reply to Re: You seem like a nice sort but here's a little tip early... ]

If you go back and look at the last couple seasons under Venables, 150 yards is saying a heck of a lot. Georgia and triple option Georgia Tech were the only two to put up that many, while our defense has excelled at controlling the line of scrimmage against both average and outstanding OLs.

Sep 29, 2015, 7:16 PM

> If you go back and look at the last couple seasons
> under Venables, 150 yards is saying a heck of a lot.
> Georgia and triple option Georgia Tech were the only
> two to put up that many, while our defense has
> excelled at controlling the line of scrimmage against
> both average and outstanding OLs.

That is concerning for me, would need to really look at the teams u have played.

Honestly looking, where are your guys linebackers at? Rating at 1-10? For us I would say we average a 6.5 for 3 of them, but smith is a 9-9.5 all day long, kid is a freak

Sep 29, 2015, 7:17 PM

O yeah, thanks for the chat!

Sep 29, 2015, 5:43 PM [ in reply to Re: ND personnel losses...no mention of Clemson's ]

I think ND might break off a nice run or two, but y'all might be surprised by our run defense. ND hasn't played a good defense yet when it comes to stopping the run, so they could be in for a bit of a surprise with Stanley banged up.

Sep 29, 2015, 7:14 PM

> I think ND might break off a nice run or two, but
> y'all might be surprised by our run defense. ND
> hasn't played a good defense yet when it comes to
> stopping the run, so they could be in for a bit of a
> surprise with Stanley banged up.

I think stanley is good to go, I have been a little under impressed with him so far this year, most of our outside runs have not been nearly as successful as up the middle.

Nd has not played a great defense and Clemson has not played a great offense, I think both of our units are good and flirting with really good, neither are great, just trying to look at specific play and ability and not just the stat line, and up the middle they seam pretty tough

Sep 29, 2015, 7:34 PM

The key is execution. Both teams are talented. Whoever makes the fewest mistakes will take home the victory.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 29, 2015, 7:41 PM

> The key is execution. Both teams are talented.
> Whoever makes the fewest mistakes will take home the
> victory.

Sep 29, 2015, 7:43 PM

> > The key is execution. Both teams are talented.
> > Whoever makes the fewest mistakes will take home
> the
> > victory.

I agree.

By the way, I love ur guys app for this board, but dislike the website. Is there somewhere I am missing to be able to view an entire thred at once? Instead of one persons comment at a time?

Sep 29, 2015, 8:01 PM

Once you sign in and click a thread it should show all comments

Sep 29, 2015, 8:07 PM

Mm doesn't appear to do that for me... Conspiracy against an Irish fan? Lol

Wish I could be there Saturday night, dv is in my top 5 list of stadiums to watch a game in!

Sep 29, 2015, 8:18 PM

^^^Irish dude - you need to check "Board Settings" at top-right area of your screen. You can modify the way posts/threads are displayed.

Just because it's not a conspiracy against you, it does NOT prove that you're not paranoid. Bless your heart.

Sep 29, 2015, 9:41 PM [ in reply to Re: ND personnel losses...no mention of Clemson's ]

Near "welcome user name", click on board settings and then change the topic view to threaded.
Frustrated me as well for the longest time.

Hth

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 30, 2015, 12:21 AM [ in reply to Re: ND personnel losses...no mention of Clemson's ]

Very well put ND fan and I appreciate your insight and think you have a good grip on the game and dead-on with the exposure discussion...good luck Saturday, I'm not going to smack talk because I have respect for your team and don't want to jinx anything. DV will be a scene on Saturday night that few college scenes can ever compare to...it's going to be special, Go Tigers!

Sep 30, 2015, 5:52 AM

So I keep hearing the weather is gonna be bad, dv is turf correct?

Sep 30, 2015, 6:06 AM

Nope, au natural.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 30, 2015, 8:01 AM

> Nope, au natural.

Mmmm makes the rain more of a factor, what is the temp looking like?

Welcome, and thanks for your perspective. Its hard to know

Sep 30, 2015, 7:26 AM [ in reply to Re: ND personnel losses...no mention of Clemson's ]

what's going to happen. I'm hoping it does not come down to pressure kicks for us to stay in it/ win.

null

Re: Welcome, and thanks for your perspective. Its hard to know

Sep 30, 2015, 8:02 AM

> what's going to happen. I'm hoping it does not come
> down to pressure kicks for us to stay in it/ win.

True freshman kicker on our team, so I'm def hoping for the same!

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic