Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tigernet Hubris
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Tigernet Hubris

Dec 25, 2019, 10:12 AM

Clemson better win or posters here are going to have one helluva hangover.

That being said - if you beat this Ohio State team, you will easily win another natty.

Merry Christmas to all! ????

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tigernet Hubris

Dec 25, 2019, 10:20 AM

Merry Christmas!

It’s all in good fun. I’m truly excited about the game. Two juggernauts clashing, it’ll be great. I think whichever team comes out on top will win it all.

Dec 25, 2019, 10:21 AM

If?

I plan on one helluva hangover regardless.

Dec 25, 2019, 11:13 AM

Merry Christmas and Go Tigers!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 25, 2019, 11:16 AM

No hubris in saying, “If you beat us, you will definitely beat your next opponent that is ranked higher than us.” Right?

Looking for our first game all year that we don’t have to manufacture some artificial nervousness. Tigers always prepare out of respect for the game and respect for the players and coaches of the opposing team, but not out of respect for the opponents’ body of work.

Ohio St has demonstrated they can find ways to maximize their talent. Our guys, coaches and fans welcome the challenge.

No, we just watch BIOG10 Football

Dec 25, 2019, 11:19 AM

Per Scooter

.the sport has left the Rust/Snow Belt schools behind. Beefy, plodding, power football of the North and Midwest is on its last breath. Michigan. Penn State. Nebraska. Notre Dame. Ohio State is the last one left with the lights on. Anyone with eyes sees their neighbor schools dying a slow death. Oh, they look good playing amongst themselves, matched speed and schemes. The media tries as much as they can to prop them up and overrate them every season, but it's a lost cause. Southern football has the recruits, the high school competition, the athletic talent, the weather for year-long workouts....and the success. Ohio St. is hanging in there, they've got a couple Nattys this century, and I give them high marks for keeping up. But how much longer?

When is the last time a school (other than OSU) located above I-40 won a National Championship? (FYI I-40 runs coast-coast through Raleigh, Nashville, Oklahoma to Cali). You have to go back to 1997, when Nebraska/Michigan split it. Nearly 25 years. Think about THAT. OSU is all that remains.

But the clock is ticking. It's inevitable. Like Army, Princeton, Notre Dame. Ohio State is on the list. Their kindred are already there. Ask a Nebraska fan.

Re: No, we just watch BIOG10 Football

Dec 25, 2019, 12:44 PM

OSU has a winning formula. Best linemen from the Midwest, and skill players from everywhere. I think they will be fine going forward.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 25, 2019, 11:19 AM

We're going to beat OSU by two scores . Maybe 3 .
But here's the thing , when you speak of The Clemson Era in college football to your grandchildren many decades from now ... you'll be able to say that you saw it first hand .

Merry Xmas

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

It’s not Hubris because

Dec 25, 2019, 12:39 PM

It ain't bragging if you can do it.

s/ D. Dean

Dec 25, 2019, 12:42 PM

Don’t take this board too seriously. Most of these guys are joking, and trying to poke the OSU fans.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You obviously haven’t objectively looked at 11W

Dec 25, 2019, 12:46 PM

Because it is a bastion of arrogance, ignorance and hatred.

Yes this board is arrogant too, but ####!

Re: You obviously haven’t objectively looked at 11W

Dec 25, 2019, 12:50 PM

The last 0 in Ohi0 is the number of time we will have played and the number of time you guys will have won. Nice ring for the Christmas season.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 25, 2019, 1:07 PM

Dec 25, 2019, 6:06 PM

I challenge you to look at the comments on 11 worriers and examine them objectively for the hubris of which you accuse us. i think that you will find it greater than or equal to.

That being said, there will be a lot of crow to eat on 11 worriers come Sunday.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic