Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Scrimmage recap: QB competition heating up, receivers impressive
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

TNET: Scrimmage recap: QB competition heating up, receivers impressive

Aug 11, 2018, 5:56 PM

Scrimmage recap: QB competition heating up, receivers impressive

The early part of fall camp is usually the time for the defense to lead the way, but it was the offense that set the tone early Saturday with a 70-yard touchdown drive. Head coach Dabo Swinney told the media that he was particularly impressed with the wide receivers. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

also being named the starter out of the spring. game

Aug 11, 2018, 6:05 PM

probably played a role in byrant sticking around..to be honest hes going to be the starter but i do hope he is on a short leash..if its a situation where he starts off hot then gets into a lul where he cant hit the broad side of the bard for a couple of quarters i hope they pull him and allow the back up to come in and get a shot..we have way to much talent at the wr position to waste away

Re: also being named the starter out of the spring. game

Aug 11, 2018, 7:03 PM

Not impressed by hearing KB accolades in training camp. Want to see him do it consistently during the season. I think KB has maxed out his abilities at QB. I believe TL has too much upside and we have too many weapons not to let him take control. But in the end.....in Dabo & staff I trust.

Re: TNET: Scrimmage recap: QB competition heating up, receivers impressive

Aug 11, 2018, 6:44 PM

I'm concerned that our backs won't get enough touches. Beyond ETN and Feaster, I'm expecting Choice to showout. He should be deadly around the goaline at 225 lbs. (I think he has a considerable chance to be drafted).
My wish is that L.J. Dixon gets his carries in four games and then redshirted.
What say you about the redshirted?
It's a tough call considering he's a decent blocker already and catching the ball well(not to mention his running abilities).
There's just not enough touches to go around. I like the hot hand to stay in for multiple carries when someone is running well. Sometimes you get in the zone!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You need four backs; I don't think he redshirts.

Aug 11, 2018, 7:43 PM

Pretty sure we only have the four on scholarship including Lyn-J at the moment.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You need four backs; I don't think he redshirts.

Aug 11, 2018, 9:56 PM

If our offense returns to pre-2017 form, the guys will be splitting 95 snaps per game instead of last year's 65. Not saying all 4 play every game, but there should be 40-50 carries per game, plus reception and protection opportunities galore.

That is, unless we go back to 2-yard scrambles that end up in repeated 3-and-outs. I think Dabo is promising that won't happen

Re: You need four backs; I don't think he redshirts.

Aug 12, 2018, 7:16 AM

you don’t wear any defense down with 65 plays a game. Why so few? Play calling? Which Qb was slow getting the plays off? Speed is what helps our offense. Run the plays quickly!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's good to have depth - but surprised Adam Choice

Aug 12, 2018, 3:29 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Scrimmage recap: QB competition heating up, receivers impressive ]

is in conversation. Looking at ypc in 2017, there is a drop-off after ETN and Feaster. As with LJD potential redshirt, it will be determined by play level and injuries. Impossible to say right now. As for blocking, CJ was not a blocker, and Dabo was OK with that. Standards have gone up and and that's a good thing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

KB's game "is at a whole other level than what it was at

Aug 11, 2018, 7:25 PM

any point last year". That's the guy who led us to the playoff. He's at a whole other level. And he's fighting to win the job with somebody breathing down his neck. And, we have three QBs we can win with.

Some see a controversy; some think it's a problem. I think we're gonna be good.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: KB's game "is at a whole other level than what it was at

Aug 12, 2018, 1:33 AM

Competition in any sport raises everyone’s experience and makes players much better than they ever were before. The better our players, depth and competition becomes the better the team gets overall and Dabo uses this to develop his team better than any coach since Bear Bryant but Dabo does it with the love of the players in mind in every area of their life.

Dabo has a shot to be the best ever coach of college football, he’s so gifted and competes himself against the best coaches, that’s why he has a friendship with Nick Saban and competes for who pays for the steak dinner. It raises both of them and makes them better. Iron sharpens iron.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

ST - if KB is the best QB in country he has earned it

Aug 12, 2018, 3:35 PM [ in reply to KB's game "is at a whole other level than what it was at ]

Based on watching him play 100's of plays including the spring game, and the fact KB was not in top 4 ACC QB's last year, it's hard for me to believe he has a higher late season ceiling than TL, but we will see.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 12, 2018, 9:25 AM

We have three quarters backs that we can win with! What a great problem to have, we have four backs that can produce strong yards, what a great problem to have! We have multiple receivers that we can throw to that can gain great yards after catch, what a great problem to have! We are deep and the guys are unselfish in a time where so many kids have the attitude, it’s all about me! Wow we are blessed at CLEMSON! Can remember coot fans when Spurrier was still there, how cocky they were, remember thinking then that I wouldn’t trade Dabo for anyone! Now four ACC Championships and a National Championship later, it still looks like the best is yet to come! Go Tigers ??!!!

Aug 12, 2018, 6:31 PM

Well put.. Gonna be exciting to see how it plays out and know it will work out. Trust coaches to put team in best position to win AND continue building for down the road. Don’t know if I’ve looked forward to a football season as much as this one.....and I was in Miami in 81.!!!! Stap em on tight and spot the ball... Go Tigers

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic