Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Not sure I understand what Dabo is saying here
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Not sure I understand what Dabo is saying here

Sep 23, 2014, 3:22 PM

Per Larry Williams twitter:

"We're 0-2 versus Clemson. That's the bottom line."

https://twitter.com/LarryWilliamsTI/status/514434799009038338

I see what he's saying regarding the FSU game, but I'm not following this logic regarding the UGA game. Is this comment out of context? If not, I think Gurley and the UGA defense might have had something to do with that loss too.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

imo, this is being made into something bigger than it is....

Sep 23, 2014, 3:23 PM

he's simply saying we have made a lot of mistakes, and those are the only things we control

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

York is the universal first reply-er for the bored.

Sep 23, 2014, 3:25 PM

yu mus gots time on yo hans

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They are trying to make this the next

Sep 23, 2014, 3:25 PM [ in reply to imo, this is being made into something bigger than it is.... ]

"THIS IS A NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP TEAM" (clearly referring to the LSU team Clemson just defeated)

should have no traction imo

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

Re: imo, this is being made into something bigger than it is....

Sep 23, 2014, 3:47 PM [ in reply to imo, this is being made into something bigger than it is.... ]

> he's simply saying we have made a lot of mistakes,
> and those are the only things we control

You may be correct. But I'll refer you to my $0.02 psychoanalysis of Dabo I posted awhile back. I think Dabo gets a little quirky when things aren't going well. He doesn't seem to handle pressure well and says things like "we would win 5/10" after getting obliterated at home by FSU.

I think Dabo is a very driven person and he's driven to be successful. He doesn't measure success in dollars though and is not motivated by money, like most are. I think he is driven by a need for recognition. His drive got him to do things like walk on Alabama's football team even though he was a smallish WR. His drive got him his MBA from Alabama even though he grew up rather poor in a single parent family. He is obviously a high achiever, but it's what makes him be a high achiever that I think is the cause for some of his odd comments.

Back to my $0.02 analysis, I think the drive in Dabo stems from a need for recognition, the recognition he didn't get from an absentee father. Dabo needs confirmation from fans that he's doing a good job; that is what drives him. When things aren't going well and the affirmation from fans is withdrawn, Dabo gets defensive and he says some quirky things like "we're 0-2 versus Clemson", even though the entire country saw Gurley run through the defense like wet tissue and the offense get one first down in the second half.

that may be the first time I've ever seen

Sep 23, 2014, 4:04 PM

a poster profile one of our coaches... impressive

;)

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

$.02? You think too highly of yourself.***

Sep 23, 2014, 4:13 PM [ in reply to Re: imo, this is being made into something bigger than it is.... ]

You may want to keep your day job.

Sep 23, 2014, 4:39 PM [ in reply to Re: imo, this is being made into something bigger than it is.... ]

I don't think that whole "psychoanalysis" thing would work out too well for you.

Re: You may want to keep your day job.

Sep 23, 2014, 6:16 PM

My qualifications are.....I took Psych 101 like most, but also watched a lot of Bob Newhart reruns.

Were we not playing ourselves vs SCSU?***

Sep 23, 2014, 3:24 PM

so you're saying we're 1-2 against Clemson?

Sep 23, 2014, 3:25 PM

and then we'd be like 2-4...man I'm getting confused

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This type of commentary exceeds the pea-brained feathered

Sep 23, 2014, 3:27 PM

ones comprehension. Their stupidity never ceases to amuse me.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Just his need for recognition over a stupid post.***

Sep 23, 2014, 4:15 PM

Re: This type of commentary exceeds the pea-brained feathered

Sep 23, 2014, 8:28 PM [ in reply to This type of commentary exceeds the pea-brained feathered ]

be careful about calling anyone pea brained if you have heard any of dabo and chad's remarks lately. dabo has a strange way with words to say the least! he is very competitive, but very defensive and not very smooth with the press or just not logical.

At the end of the day, I think Dabo would admit that

Sep 23, 2014, 3:28 PM

if we played Clemson 10 times, we would win 5 of them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: At the end of the day, I think Dabo would admit that

Sep 23, 2014, 3:32 PM

LOL, GWP....I just spewed coffee on my monitor. Though I personally think we could beat Clemson 10 out of 10 times.

Dabo said we made 31 mistakes on offense in the second

Sep 23, 2014, 3:28 PM

half of the UGA game that caused the play to be unsuccessful. We scored 21 points and ran 54 plays in the first half and should have scored at least once or twice more. The second half was a series of mistakes on offense that got our defense worn down.

So, I can see why he would say that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

if it's any consolation...

Sep 23, 2014, 3:29 PM

I have really tremendous gas right now

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Coots will pump it for you.***

Sep 23, 2014, 3:33 PM

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: Not sure I understand what Dabo is saying here

Sep 23, 2014, 3:30 PM

And the statement of how much we have improved in two weeks. Never are we proactive ready to play. Also having to learn and grow.
Our coaches must be shown in games our weaknesses. Example: not matter how bad the kick coverage looks, until someone runs one back on us nothing is changed. They don't even know who to play : AE. NUK, DW, even though all can see. Lost opportunities.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 23, 2014, 4:01 PM

He is stating what every coach in America knows, you cannot beat yourself. We had way to many self-inflicted mistakes that weren't a result of the other team in both games. Missed fg's, poor lane assignments on kickoff coverage, bad snaps, things caused by Clemson not the other team, etc...

He gets it.***

Sep 23, 2014, 4:17 PM

Sep 23, 2014, 8:33 PM [ in reply to Re: Not sure I understand what Dabo is saying here ]

it is ok to not understand what dabo means, no one else does either.

He is saying the Tigers are beating themselves.

Sep 23, 2014, 4:24 PM

I agree, particularly the FSU game.

Really??? It's not that had to figure out.

Sep 23, 2014, 4:36 PM

And it's also consistent with everything Dabo says before the game and at half time.

"Clemson just needs to focus on Clemson"

Are the two CU teams 12-0 and 0-12 or are both 6-6 at end

Sep 23, 2014, 4:44 PM

of the season? :-O

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic