Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
You Don’t Boo Injured Players - Ever
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 49
| visibility 1

You Don’t Boo Injured Players - Ever

Sep 8, 2019, 12:55 PM

It’s beneath Clemson, don’t do it.

You may think you know when someone is faking, but, you, up in your seats or watching on TV, do not ever really know. Stop trying to rationalize your behavior (“Jimbo coaches them to do it,” “they were right back out during the next series,” “they were just tired,” etc.). We are adults. They are college football players.

I get it, I remember the Peach Bowl too, but let them be unsportsmanlike - not us.

Just don’t do it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

Re: You Don’t Boo Injured Players - Ever

Sep 8, 2019, 12:56 PM

Maybe the "injured" players should take your advice when it comes to faking. Just don't do it.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 8, 2019, 12:57 PM

For the record I don't boo injured players but I do know 90% of the flops yesterday were BS

Sep 8, 2019, 1:00 PM

Agree. I never boo at any sporting event for any reason. With that said, you obviously were not present in Atlanta for the LSU game if you think some injuries are fake!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No they were not ***

Sep 9, 2019, 7:31 PM [ in reply to Re: You Don’t Boo Injured Players - Ever ]

I will agree. But I have to confess I did say ‘oh, come on’ a couple of times

Sep 8, 2019, 12:58 PM

yesterday.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I didn’t boo, I may have called them fragile several times but never booed

Sep 8, 2019, 2:10 PM

I think it’s just as bad a look for the team that fakes injuries as the fans of the team that boos though.

some things can be taken out of context

Sep 9, 2019, 7:14 PM [ in reply to I will agree. But I have to confess I did say ‘oh, come on’ a couple of times ]

Pretty sure I booed the Ref (official wearing R) during an injury, for throwing that intentional grounding call like 4 minutes into that injury timeout. Idk, kinda felt like that doesn't happen, otherwise. But that boo was definitely meant towards the guy wearing "R", not the player who started to run off but then decided to drop, after grabbing his shoulder pads..

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

YOU are right...but they weren't injured...DUH!!!!***

Sep 8, 2019, 12:59 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

None of them were injured? Lulz.***

Sep 8, 2019, 1:03 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

First one to flop was "boo-ed" LUTZ?***

Sep 8, 2019, 1:04 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 8, 2019, 1:00 PM

I have to agree with the OP. It probably won't be a popular take here, but at least some of those are legit injuries.

We are a classy fanbase and don't need to be doing that IMO.

Sep 8, 2019, 1:01 PM

Not all of us are adults ... and while I agree with not booing at player's injuries ... there will always be people in the stands who do it .

It's part of the game now .
Yesterday I saw LSU's QB Burrow giving that " Queen Elizabeth " wave to the stands behind their bench . Poor sportsmanship is everywhere now ...and if my pee-wee football coach were still around he would absolutely have a kinipshun .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

I saw that too! I would be HOT if I saw a Clemson

Sep 8, 2019, 1:03 PM

Player doing that. Moreover, Texas still had time to come back. Crazy!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

Sep 9, 2019, 6:27 PM [ in reply to Re: You Don’t Boo Injured Players - Ever ]

Joe Bu was also dealing with t.u. fans throwing stuff at him on the bench for 4 quarters at that point, and t.u. also didn't air condition the LSU locker room.

Sep 8, 2019, 1:04 PM

UGA players say thank you

Sep 8, 2019, 1:05 PM

https://gfycat.com/lastadvancedinganue

"It just means more."***

Sep 8, 2019, 1:12 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 8, 2019, 1:17 PM

I agree in general, but Jimbos faking was too obvious.

I was watching on television and

Sep 8, 2019, 1:20 PM

I saw a number of aTm players trying to play through injuries, but there weren't too many instances I thought they were faking. I could...and probably am, wrong, but it didn't rise to the LSWho level, in my opinion.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you never know.....so just dont boo***

Sep 8, 2019, 1:28 PM [ in reply to Re: You Don’t Boo Injured Players - Ever ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Don’t tell me how to feel or who to boo. It’s 2019 and I’m

Sep 8, 2019, 1:19 PM

Dug in!

Look man if the same player lays down 3 times in the same series he shouldn’t be allowed to come back in the game. Is getting ridiculous and hard to tell who is actually hurt

Yes but that doesn't apply to player faking injuries...

Sep 8, 2019, 1:19 PM

in order to slow down the offense.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

what does the peach bowl have to do with it?

Sep 8, 2019, 1:26 PM

LSU was legitimately wore out

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

You live with your reputation...

Sep 8, 2019, 1:28 PM

“SEC Timeouts” are real.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: You live with your reputation...

Sep 8, 2019, 1:30 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: You live with your reputation...

Sep 9, 2019, 5:57 PM

Love how #5 helps him to the ground then points.lol unbelievable!

Sep 8, 2019, 1:30 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 8, 2019, 1:34 PM

I listened to the LSU TX game on the way home last night, either it's coached up in the SEC to lay down when the going gets tough or the SEC has the worse conditioning programs in the country....

Re: You Don’t Boo Injured Players - Not booing they were

Sep 8, 2019, 1:53 PM

saying Booo-urns (A Simpsons quote)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 8, 2019, 1:57 PM

There is no way to know for sure whether a player is stalling or truly injured, therefore, the player should get the benefit of the doubt. This booing of players down on the field is unsportsmanlike and embarrassing.

aTm - self proclaimed nations best and classiest - fakes injuries.

Sep 8, 2019, 2:00 PM

HOWDY!

Maybe that’s what those random whoops and yelps are. Code for when yo go down.

There's something in these hills.

Sep 8, 2019, 2:06 PM

Totally agree. You dont ever boo injured players.

I can say if that was me on that field i would be cramping up as well. It was very very hot. And heatstroke can kill.

Sep 8, 2019, 2:10 PM

I was cleaning up storm limbs on Friday afternoon and had to take several “injury timeouts” I normally wouldn’t have to. The heat and humidity really is brutal this weekend!

Sep 8, 2019, 2:07 PM

Fortunately, Clemson really doesn’t depend on a fast pace anymore to catch the opposition off guard. There were a few times yesterday where I thought the “injury” timeout probably helped the Clemson offense make sure the right play was installed and gave the skill players a bit of a breather to make sure the play was executed even better! Our guys are simply better than theirs 90% of the time, we don’t need to worry about whether there is a 20 second break between plays or a 5 minute break. That being said, I was glad when they finally took that one DL dude that kept going down yesterday out of the game!

Agree. He stayed in too long. But I swear that TV timeout

Sep 8, 2019, 2:22 PM

Countdown clock seemed to always be in time with them getting up.

It is amazing - we have the personnel to just line up and go.

Sep 8, 2019, 2:26 PM [ in reply to Re: You Don’t Boo Injured Players - Ever ]

The Golden Age of Clemson football!!!!

Sep 9, 2019, 6:10 PM

Agree 110%
For a football fan base that prides itself as the classiest in college football, that is the most unsportsmanlike behavior a Fanbase can exhibit.

It really, really comes across as extremely ugly. I sure wish Clemson fans to stop doing it. Yeah, we all remember the LSU bowl game, but don’t keep thinking every player that goes down is faking an injury. It just looks horrible.

I could see this type of behavior turning off a prized recruits parents to Clemson. Why send your kid to play for a school who’s fan base exhibit such unsportsmanlike behavior. What’s the difference between that and typical USUC behavior.

I've never booed an injured football player

Sep 9, 2019, 6:15 PM

but after the (what seemed like) the hundredth injury, I can see why some would.

[I have booed a Duke soccer player who writhed around on the ground faking a career-ending injury (just before he scored the winning goal) so he could get an Tiger ejected.)

Sep 9, 2019, 6:17 PM

We didn't.

Sep 9, 2019, 6:25 PM

Booing Jimbo tactics not the player... its a tactic... kills momentum... the same as your saying a kid is hurt no one knows if they are faking either... Jimbo has done this before and a few times sure looked like a delay tactic and not a hurt kid... always clap for the kid when he's leaving the field... not disputing your message about hurt players... NCAA could fix it easy, don't let the players and the coaches communicate during injuries... right now its a legal free timeout... just sayin.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 9, 2019, 6:28 PM

Those aren’t “injuries”, they are SEC timeouts.

You know what else is disrespectful

Sep 9, 2019, 7:29 PM

to players who are really injured? Fakers. I have never booed anyone at a game, but I've seen plenty of floppers.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Agree 100%

Sep 9, 2019, 7:38 PM

The majority of injuries are legit even if it's just a cramp or a knock or a rolled ankle. Every once in a while you get a ridiculous one where a guy just crumples to the ground after getting a signal from the sideline but those are honestly pretty rare.

The first time the Tiger crowd booed Saturday that guy came back in with a taped ankle and then hurt it again. Can't remember for sure but I think hes one that eventually missed the rest of the game after going down a 3rd time. He should be commended for trying to play through that rather than booed.

Re: Agree 100%

Sep 10, 2019, 3:51 PM

He actually came back and played later on - gutsy

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 10, 2019, 3:48 PM

I'll admit I lost it when #93 went down. I had to apologize to fans from both sides. But I don't know that I have ever seen 6 trainers huddle around a player like that and then they get up and walk off. He did walk to the locker room after the tent. So I felt bad. I have looked for injury lists already but haven't found anything on #93.

I was booing Jimbo. Not the player.

Sep 10, 2019, 4:21 PM

Obviously

Sep 10, 2019, 6:41 PM

Goosh . . after this, I'm on a straight and narrow. Thanks Dad.

nope. When it is clear they are

Sep 10, 2019, 7:34 PM

Laying down to slow our pace, F’em.

Sep 10, 2019, 11:05 PM

Jimbo absolutely coaching them to do it. Trying to slow down our offense.

There should be an injury rule whereby if you go down to turf and stop play. You're out for the rest of the quarter. Since we're concerned about player safety and all.

Replies: 49
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic