Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
You knew from the Spring Game onward that KB wasn't...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 2,111

You knew from the Spring Game onward that KB wasn't...

Sep 27, 2018, 10:37 AM

...sustainable. I didn't want to say anything before but now that KB quit the team and has moved on the glaring fact is this...

At best, the QB competition showed that KB and TL were neck-in-neck, or at least that's what Dabo and company were selling us. But, when you have a seasoned graduate QB who "took the team to the playoffs" can't out-rightly beat out a guy who a few months earlier was playing HS ball that tells me everything I need to know. All that experience playing at the college level, going to the playoffs, knowing in-and-out the Clemson playbook and most of the key players still could not beat out a freshman who had relatively little experience with Clemson football.

There is no way KB was sustainable if the best he could do was be "even" with the frosh QB. TL is only going to get better and stronger and more comfortable whereas KB had leveled off.

GAME OVER! THE END! Best of luck to KB...always a Clemson man.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You knew from the Spring Game onward that KB wasn't...

Sep 27, 2018, 10:39 AM

Yep. A senior quarterback was missing wide open throws then pouting during the spring game. So glad I don’t have to watch screen plays that take ten seconds to develop anymore

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It tells you that TL is a very special and unique talent***

Sep 27, 2018, 10:40 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Sep 27, 2018, 10:44 AM

I agree with all you said, but in KB's defense, ANY QB in the nation would have a problem beating TL out as a starter. I haven't seen any QB's on any other team that I would rather have instead of TL, and that includes those that are being mentioned for the Heisman. Not sure why KB2 could not see that when it was so obvious.

Which may explain why...

Sep 27, 2018, 10:47 AM

KB almost quit/transferred after the Spring game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Sep 27, 2018, 10:51 AM [ in reply to Re: You knew from the Spring Game onward that KB wasn't... ]

I think it is less about TL being better and more about Bryant leaving an opening.

In your opinion if Tajh was our senior QB this year would TL be starting right now? Also would he have been splitting reps 50/50 to start the year?

Obviously that would not have happened with Deshaun in his final year.

TL was going to get some playing time no matter what but I think the opening that Bryant left is what allowed TL the opportunity to get as much playing time from the start. Once he was able to get on the field with the first team in games then the outcome was inevitable.

Sep 27, 2018, 12:39 PM

Yes, KB left a huge opening, and some Tnetters said 'No passing allowed!'

Really? If your team leader is slower than the pace car, the whole team has to go slow?

It was obvious in most games last year that our O was stagnant. Some blamed the OL, others blamed the playcallers, but none of us wanted to blame the driver because our backups were no better.

I think Dabo's decision this year was not only inevitable, i think that Chase too would have stepped past Kelly if there were no TL in the mix. TL just made the decision obvious. Can you imagine Dabo bumping Kelly for Chase due to the stagnant offense in game 9 or 10?

(Shudders)

Sep 27, 2018, 10:59 AM [ in reply to Re: You knew from the Spring Game onward that KB wasn't... ]

There is a difference between seeing it and being able to accept it, cognitive dissonance isn’t just a theory

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 27, 2018, 3:07 PM

A man must learn to accept his limitations.

Sep 27, 2018, 10:51 AM

I know I did but MOST of tnet didnt. The arguing and name calling continued for months until this week and it has still continued for some but now MOST of tnet agrees that TL is the better player. TL supporters before the season were getting trashed on here before the season. Now some of the same people are being rude towards KB supporters lol it’s so hypocritical. Clem80tiger or w e. The one that always says tell em coot. I’m sure he’ll pop up in a minute

Sep 27, 2018, 10:56 AM

KB knew he could not beat out TL in the end and that is why he left. End of story both did what is best for them.

KB should have stayed IMO but adios!

His demeanor on the sidelines when TL was out there was all I needed to see.

Sep 27, 2018, 2:58 PM

Spot on about his demeanor. He would just be standing there with a towel on his head or neck and hands tucked in this shoulder pads looking miserable. No clapping, no communicating, no leadership.

I think a fair number of Tnetters were trying to...

Sep 27, 2018, 10:58 AM [ in reply to Re: You knew from the Spring Game onward that KB wasn't... ]

...remain loyal to KB who is/was a very likable leader on the team. They wanted to "fight for his right" to remain the starter.

Re: I think a fair number of Tnetters were trying to...

Sep 27, 2018, 2:56 PM

Which I am 100% behind but to resort to the name calling and lack of respect for other's opinions just to defend KB were outrageous. It's all in the history. You can find numerous 100% tiger pulse handles that bashed people for simply saying "TL is better" or "KB can't throw down field."
If it's true then it's true. Some of the same people that defended kelly are now defending trevor and completely turning on those who still defend kelly when just 1 month ago they felt the same as that person. It's in the history. In the end not only were these people wrong about the QB situation. They also acted like ######### in the process of being wrong lol hysterical yet aggravating

Re: I think a fair number of Tnetters were trying to...

Sep 27, 2018, 3:11 PM

Hard to respect some message board pulse...lol. Its a concept another human with thoughts and emotions put in place like some sort of strange personality contest.

We are all different people. If someone doesn't like you then we move on. Kelly B. can only do so much at Clemson so he should move on also and look to the future. Some things are timing, some things are luck, some things are meant to be.

Life is short anyway.

In general, I would agree with you....

Sep 27, 2018, 3:52 PM [ in reply to Re: I think a fair number of Tnetters were trying to... ]

...now they find themselves in an awkward position...or you could say they are bandwagon supporters of certain players.

Here's my immediate response when TL quickly threw his first TD against GT in his first series. Well, that didn't last long...LOL!

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/KB-The-new-backup-QB-24089881

Sep 27, 2018, 11:08 AM

CLEMBERT, I totally 100% agree with your assessment of this very difficult situation. TL makes this offense more 2 or 3 dimensional than the direction it was going. This offense needs the downfield passing attack to better utilize the WR overflow of talent that we have, while we have it !!!!!!!

Agree with everything you said but

Sep 27, 2018, 3:04 PM

it could also be argued that KB just wasn't as good as the the coaches were telling us, but it took him being side-by-side with TL for them to fully realize it and no longer be able to justify his starting. Whatever the case, I'm glad we've decided on a QB and can hardly wait to see where this kid takes us. He's special for sure.

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Re: Agree with everything you said but

Sep 27, 2018, 3:13 PM

I felt it was more of a situation that until TL made it glaringly obvious that he was so much better it was easier for Dabo to sugarcoat it. After that Georgia tech game the two QB's could no longer be talked about on the same level.

KB wasn't even really the guy last year IMO. But oh well,

Sep 27, 2018, 3:08 PM

the coaches didn't make a decision but opted to let time and public opinion make it for them. At least we are where we are, and there's nothing between us and the playoffs.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree...DS probably doing a balancing act to prevent...

Sep 27, 2018, 3:54 PM

...what just happened.

Replies: 20
| visibility 2,111
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic