Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Player Update: Bills admit missed evaluation in drafting C.J Spiller
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

Football Player Update: Bills admit missed evaluation in drafting C.J Spiller

Nov 18, 2011, 2:30 PM

Bills admit missed evaluation in drafting C.J Spiller

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Player Update: Bills admit missed evaluation in drafting C.J Spiller

Nov 18, 2011, 2:36 PM

I don't understand why it has to be an "either-or" situation with Jackson and Spiller! They are two totally different backs and any good coach would find a way to get CJ involved. Such a waste of talent!

Oakland uses two backs fairly well when both are healthy.***

Nov 18, 2011, 3:06 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Player Update: Bills admit missed evaluation in drafting C.J Spiller

Nov 18, 2011, 3:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Player Update: Bills admit missed evaluation in drafting C.J Spiller ]

I bet CJ don't see it that way. He got a big pay check, and he is saving his body parts. When his contract runs out, he will move on to a real team as a healthy player. There are more positives in his situation than negatives....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You hit the nail on the head. Gailey is a joke. He was a

Nov 18, 2011, 3:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Player Update: Bills admit missed evaluation in drafting C.J Spiller ]

joke at Tech and he's a joke at Buffalo. They surprised some folks early on but lately they've been slipping. It's a bad franchise.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work hard. Rock hard. Eat hard. Sleep hard. Grow big. Wear glasses if you need 'em - The Webb Wilder credo

No...actually he did a good job in a bad situation at GT...

Nov 18, 2011, 3:50 PM

He never had the talent we had across the board yet he split his 6 games against us...Won 3 of the last 4 if I remember...

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You hit the nail on the head. Gailey is a joke. He was a

Nov 18, 2011, 4:48 PM [ in reply to You hit the nail on the head. Gailey is a joke. He was a ]

Gailey is just waful coach! C.J.can do wonders in the right situation

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 18, 2011, 4:43 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Player Update: Bills admit missed evaluation in drafting C.J Spiller ]

Agreed! If Chan Gailey isn't smart enough to figure a way to utilize CJ in the offense the he isn't smart enough to be a very successful coach. All along CJ has deserved better than the Bills. I hope they trade him to a team that is smart enough to get his talent onto the field.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

C. J. is still a class act!***

Nov 18, 2011, 2:36 PM

Nov 18, 2011, 2:40 PM

I really dont know what the Bill's management was thinking when they drafted CJ. It still looks like they could do a better job of getting CJ into the game. They are wasting great talent.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No way Jackson is better then Spiller. They need to find a

Nov 18, 2011, 2:41 PM

way to use him or trade him

Umm, Fred Jackson is leading the entire NFL in rushing

Nov 18, 2011, 3:22 PM

right now. At this point in their careers, Jackson is better than Spiller...and a lot of other running backs in the NFL.

No, CJ is the best player ever in the entire history

Nov 18, 2011, 3:37 PM

of football!!!!

(according to this board.)

Personally I never thought he was that good at RB. He was a great receiver and a great kick returner, but danced far too much in the hole to be a great RB.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

32 NFL staffs would take Jackson over Spiller...***

Nov 18, 2011, 3:51 PM [ in reply to No way Jackson is better then Spiller. They need to find a ]

Well - that was certainly a misleading headline-

Nov 18, 2011, 2:46 PM

made me expect bad news about the Bills assessment of CJ. At least it was just something good about the other guy.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the weekly world news called and wants it headline writers

Nov 18, 2011, 3:03 PM

back! lol

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FAT TAX NOW!

Nov 18, 2011, 2:46 PM

it just shows you how bad of a coach that Gailey is to have a top 10 talent like CJ Spiller and not be able to figure out how to maximize his potential. It is why Gailey is not considered a top coach and will be gone from Buffalo is a few years.

Top 10 talent? At what position? And Gailey is VERY

Nov 18, 2011, 3:57 PM

respected as an offensive mind by his peers...

Wow well that's the first time the bills have screwed up huh***

Nov 18, 2011, 3:01 PM

Then do everybody a favor, and trade him!!!

Nov 18, 2011, 3:02 PM

I'd love to see him play on a team with a good OLine!!!

Re: Then do everybody a favor, and trade him!!!

Nov 18, 2011, 3:02 PM

minus Hairston, of course...

Nov 18, 2011, 5:32 PM [ in reply to Then do everybody a favor, and trade him!!! ]

Really? The leading rusher in the NFL is accomplishing this behind a bad offensive line?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes***

Nov 19, 2011, 3:13 AM

Nov 19, 2011, 6:27 AM [ in reply to Then do everybody a favor, and trade him!!! ]

I would love to see CJ play for a team with a good OL, too. He should be used to not having a good one, though, because that was always a weak link at Clemson, too, and we still don't have a very good one on run blocking, yet. I hope that changes soon, or our skill players and our team never will reach our potential. When we can't get 4th and 4 inches, it is not a good sign.

Send that young man elsewhere where his talents can flourish

Nov 18, 2011, 3:09 PM

Love his attitude. Doing what he needs to do, all he can do. So what happens if he doesn't get playing time? Do they help him find another job?

If I was Buffalo's GM and/or owner

Nov 18, 2011, 3:11 PM

i'd call BS on this so fast, Gailey's head would be spinning....you don't make your talent play a scheme, you SCHEME THE TALENT YOU HAVE. If him and his O coordiator are not creative enough to go to a gunfight and use all of their weapons, they need to go away. Spiller and Smith are both explosive athletes and Buffalo is hitting some issues now midway through the season. You've got these two horses on the sidelines while your lack of creativity runs the same base offense week in and week out even though the NFL has figured you out? Garbage.....

Who is writing these headlines lately?***

Nov 18, 2011, 3:11 PM

Truthfully...It was a bad pick on their part...They needed a

Nov 18, 2011, 3:54 PM

new transmission and an engine rebuild...They opted for a new stereo and instead....

I could see the Patriots grabbing Spiller within 2 years

Nov 18, 2011, 4:31 PM

New England always has a lot of draft picks they can trade (and teams like Buffalo always need draft picks).

I could see the Pats underpaying for a guy like Spiller and getting the most out of him.

Re: I could see the Patriots grabbing Spiller within 2 years

Nov 19, 2011, 6:31 AM

That would be the best thing that could happen for CJ and a very good thing for the Pats, too. CJ would probably get a ring in that scenario. He never will sniff one on Gailey's squad.

Nov 18, 2011, 6:37 PM

I live in Buffalo and went to Clemson, the Bills should not have drafted CJ, and while he may be underused, he was given his chances and he hasn't performed up to the expectations of a 9th overall pick, let alone a 1st round pick. You can't give the guy the ball 20 times in hopes that he gets better when you have Jackson running the ball. Hopefully he is learning how to be a better NFL running back, but currently his game is not translating well into the NFL. He needs to do better with the chances that he is given.

Nov 18, 2011, 8:50 PM

I think Spiller has taken advantage of his chances. He is averaging 6.3 yards per rush. Jackson's average is 5.6. It is not Spiller's fault that they dont get him the ball more than 2 times per game.

Nov 18, 2011, 7:53 PM

LT is limping along for the Jets. C.J. would make a nice replacement considering LT doesn't carry the load all the time, doesn't have to carry the dive plays, and is used frequently receiving out of the back field. not to mention the Jets would add to their return game... just saying, he'd look good in Jet green

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic