Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
You have to think a line has already been drawn
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

You have to think a line has already been drawn

Dec 2, 2014, 3:57 PM

on the playcalling duties. Co-coordinators are more common than many realize, and there is always a single playcaller. Dabo is a smart guy who has made some very good moves, and I don't think there's any question that he has prepared for this for a long time. He knows the ramifications if he doesn't get very specific when it comes to their duties.

Just guessing here, but one thing it may do is allow for each coach to continue at his position. Earlier, I said I did not see a scenario where JS is both the OC and WR coach... but this may be it. If that's the case, we hire a QB coach and we stay at the 9 coach limit with no other turnover.

A move that will obviously be both praised and criticized... and it may be a genius move, or may not... but I highly doubt it's a kneejerk move on Dabo's part in response to something else. He is too much of a planner for that.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Agreed, JS will call plays and be WR coach, Elliot will take

Dec 2, 2014, 3:58 PM

over most of the recruiting duties as well as RB coach and we'll hire a QB coach.

What happens when Coach Elliot thinks his RBs need more carries***

Dec 2, 2014, 4:00 PM

nm

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

that's not how it works... that's no different than now...

Dec 2, 2014, 4:02 PM

My guess is Dabo is looking after Elliott and rewarding him for his hard work. Dabo is a planner and I'm sure he's drawn the lines. If we are successful, Elliott, as "co-oc", gets looks to take over the offense somewhere else

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

If they're moving the chains, they get the ball.***

Dec 2, 2014, 4:02 PM [ in reply to What happens when Coach Elliot thinks his RBs need more carries*** ]

they'll hash it own in the game plan

Dec 2, 2014, 4:02 PM [ in reply to What happens when Coach Elliot thinks his RBs need more carries*** ]

I'm sure that took place already under CM

Re: You have to think a line has already been drawn

Dec 2, 2014, 4:02 PM

York...How long ago do you think Dabo has a good idea Chad was gone. June Jones was fired months ago.

Dec 2, 2014, 4:08 PM

100% agree. I said two years ago I was more worried about an opening at either Rice, Houston or SMU than I was at NCState or TT.

Just made more sense and if anyone on here thinks Dabo hasn't been planning for this to eventually happen then I guess you've never been in a management position.

I trust Dabo 100% with the decision he's made and you know what happens if it doesn't work out?

He'll make another decision that will.

Everyone that is so doom and gloom about this before seeing how it actually works must live an awful miserable shortsighted life.

Dabo has been preparing for this for the last two years....

Dec 2, 2014, 4:03 PM

when Morris first started interviewing for HC openings.

I just think it's a risky move but so was the decision to hire Morris.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

It helps Elliott advance his career... IMO

Dec 2, 2014, 4:05 PM

Dabo takes care of his coaches...

This move is good for Clemson's staff, in terms of keeping it together and possibly keeping those guys with their respected groups...

and it helps Tony get looks to become an OC down the line... Many, many 1/2's of "co-oc" move on to take over an offense somewhere.

Re: It helps Elliott advance his career... IMO

Dec 2, 2014, 4:08 PM

So more of a title than anything? Like Hobby as co def coordinator when everyone knows it's Venables D

I understand the logic but its a risky move by Dabo IMO***

Dec 2, 2014, 4:09 PM [ in reply to It helps Elliott advance his career... IMO ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Every hire is viewed as a risky move.

Dec 2, 2014, 4:09 PM [ in reply to Dabo has been preparing for this for the last two years.... ]

It's about perspective. We don't have one.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes but some are more risky than others.***

Dec 2, 2014, 4:25 PM

it's going to be Dabo *****

Dec 2, 2014, 4:09 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

9 coach limit ?

Dec 2, 2014, 4:15 PM

who's limit

FSU---BC & the Dawgs
came into DV with about 1/2 as many coaches
as that have players

any limit you're talking about must be the ones
reported as being paid as a coach

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you can have 9 full time coaches and 2 GA's on staff***

Dec 2, 2014, 4:18 PM

Dec 2, 2014, 4:21 PM

Great post. I agree.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic