Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What a difference. Florida gets a recruit Clemson wanted and
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 2,431

What a difference. Florida gets a recruit Clemson wanted and

Jul 26, 2012, 7:36 PM

Clemson fans don't automatically accuse Florida of cheating like the SEC fans do when Clemson wins a recruiting battle. And this in spite of the fact that Florida is considered by Athlon to be one of the NCAA's most unethical programs.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

UF has to be paying players

Jul 26, 2012, 7:37 PM

;)

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They must have had a bunch of Hookers helping them!***

Jul 26, 2012, 7:38 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You have to admit though that guys leaving Florida to come

Jul 26, 2012, 7:39 PM

to the hills of SC is more random than guys choosing to stay within the state of Florida.

I'm just saying if I was a Gator/FSU fan, I would be pissed off that Spiller, Steward, Sammy, Jamie Harper, etc chose Clemson over staying in state.

Florida is a different kind of state…..

Jul 26, 2012, 7:02 PM

they are a transient state, meaning that they have a lot of people who aren't native to Florida or have families going back generations in that state. So it's really no surprise that highly rated recruits often choose schools outside of Florida, since most of their population really aren't big on Florida heritage or being proud of being from Florida as a part of their personality. Remember, Florida hasn't always been as populated as it is now. Florida had a big population boom in the late 70's that still continues to this day, although be it not on the scale of the late 70's to mid eighties.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I understand that, but a 2 hour drive and a 12 hour drive

Jul 26, 2012, 7:52 PM

is still a big difference. That's all I was getting at.

As opposed to guys named Bouleware,Barron,Jones,etc.***

Jul 26, 2012, 7:51 PM [ in reply to You have to admit though that guys leaving Florida to come ]

the hills of SC

Jul 26, 2012, 8:34 PM [ in reply to You have to admit though that guys leaving Florida to come ]

have much more to offer than the penile projection of America.

Re: You have to admit though that guys leaving Florida to come

Jul 27, 2012, 12:11 AM [ in reply to You have to admit though that guys leaving Florida to come ]

Can't say about FSU, but I'd think UF fans aren't all that upset, seeing how they won 2 NCs during those years, and came close to playing for a 3rd (2009)....

Re: What a difference. Florida gets a recruit Clemson wanted and

Jul 26, 2012, 7:39 PM

It's about class.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Florida has been pretty ethical over the past 20 years….

Jul 26, 2012, 7:40 PM

they are actually one of two programs (Vanderbilt being the other) from the SEC that hasn't been under investigation or on probation over the past 10 years. Florida has been clean ever since they got their bowl ban in the early nineties for their cheating in the 80's.

Oh, by the way, I would never take anything written in Athlon seriously.

U don't think Irvin Myers ever cheated?***

Jul 26, 2012, 7:44 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Nope…...

Jul 26, 2012, 7:51 PM

the claim that Meyer reached out to CJ Spiller by some Clemson fans was a big time exaggeration. They based it off a comment he made to a question by a reporter when he was out of Gainesville, when after Spiller's freshman year it come out that he might be thinking of transferring to Florida to be closer to his family. Basically when asked about it, he said that he doesn't know about it and he would look into it after he got back to Gainesville. Out of that came the big time stretch, that Meyer actively tried to contact Spiller.

I think the Urb cheated. I think we cheat. I firmly believe

Jul 26, 2012, 7:57 PM [ in reply to U don't think Irvin Myers ever cheated?*** ]

that most big time football programs cheat in recruiting. I think you have to in the same way you have to drive 80 when you're on I-95.

Agreed - my question was sort of a joke . . .

Jul 26, 2012, 8:11 PM

Irvin Myers. Sort of.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Replies: 14
| visibility 2,431
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic