Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
You guys boycotting the NBA missed a classic last
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 1,057

You guys boycotting the NBA missed a classic last

Sep 10, 2020, 8:57 AM

night.

Toronto/Boston, hell of a game.

The series is tied 3-3

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

25 years ago.....

Sep 10, 2020, 8:58 AM

I would have missed it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you are boycotting the NHL

Sep 10, 2020, 9:01 AM

the Islanders vs Lightning was pretty good

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Go Bolts!!!!***

Sep 10, 2020, 9:10 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Bolts!!!!***

Sep 10, 2020, 9:10 AM [ in reply to If you are boycotting the NHL ]

Right but do you recall three years ago

Sep 10, 2020, 9:03 AM

the game between...oh, nevermind. That's what I thought.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hawks & the Nuggets? instant classic***

Sep 10, 2020, 9:05 AM

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

I've been boycotting the NBA

Sep 10, 2020, 9:07 AM

since Jordan left the Bulls the second time. Watching privileged, pencil lookin-ass dudes that don't play defense doesn't sound like much of a classic to me, though.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

truth. Every year i make a good faith effort to watch the

Sep 10, 2020, 9:11 AM

NBA and can barely get past 10 minutes. Its a snoozefest imo.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My college roommate used to be into the NBA

Sep 10, 2020, 9:17 AM

The absolute lack of defense and self serving "one man team" mentality is awful.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

Obviously, you have not been watching for quite some time.

Sep 10, 2020, 10:50 AM

The best teams are the best overall teams who also play great team defense. They also have at least 2 superstars.

Your description is an ancient stereotype that was never true.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So, let’s drop the bulk that don’t play defense

Sep 11, 2020, 6:29 AM

And superstarless and skip the 175 games and 4 month playoffs and just have the same 6 teams vying for the championship every year

The D is the best it’s ever been. They just can’t extend out

Sep 10, 2020, 10:47 AM [ in reply to I've been boycotting the NBA ]

to 30 feet.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My NBA boycott started before most of today's players were..

born. When my heroes retired so did I. Magic, Laimbeer, Thomas, Bird, Scott...done.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wrong bored, RA!!!

Yeah, I cut it on for the overtimes. Sorry I missed the whole game, but it was fun to watch.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

The NBA has never been better! Overall today’s players

Sep 10, 2020, 9:14 AM

are much superior to past players.

Some exceptions.

you cannot be more mistaken***

Sep 10, 2020, 9:15 AM

^^^hasn’t watched even 1 minute^^^***

Sep 10, 2020, 10:48 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^liar^^^***

Sep 10, 2020, 9:50 PM

Re: The NBA has never been better! Overall today’s players

Sep 10, 2020, 11:02 AM [ in reply to The NBA has never been better! Overall today’s players ]

It is insane how well everyone in the NBA can shoot the 3 now. You used to be able to ignore Centers and Power Forwards outside the paint. Do it now, and they will make you pay.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All five players are now skilled shooters and ball handlers

Sep 10, 2020, 11:36 AM

and can no longer be slow footed unskilled brutes playing football-like instead of good basketball.

Players today are bigger, stronger, and more athletic.

Sep 10, 2020, 11:03 AM [ in reply to The NBA has never been better! Overall today’s players ]

But they are not playing the same game, restricted by the same rules and held to the same standards. The rules are ignored to allow them to exploit their raw athleticism in order to make the game more explosive, flashy, and exciting to generations with increasingly shorter attention spans. All of this at the expense of skill and teamwork.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Teamwork, passing, and D has never been better.

Sep 10, 2020, 11:46 AM

I do hate that they give them two steps especially when driving for a dunk.

Still some players are so good, that it’s looks like a walk when they use the drop step, but you can’t tell it’s not a walk until you see in slow motion.

If you missed the Celtic game last night, there was some of the best passing and teamwork I have ever seen by both teams.

Re: Teamwork, passing, and D has never been better.

Sep 10, 2020, 12:47 PM

I do believe guys like Jordan would average 50 points a game in today's NBA.

It has become more offensive oriented.

Re: Teamwork, passing, and D has never been better.

Sep 10, 2020, 12:47 PM [ in reply to Teamwork, passing, and D has never been better. ]

I agree, great passing last night.

And it’s easy to dismiss the D but every game I watch the

Sep 10, 2020, 5:16 PM

effort on D is as good as it’s ever been. But when you have 6’8” guys handling the ball like Bob Cousy, and then driving and dishing, it’s hard to stop when they’re routinely hitting 30 footers.

Maybe it's nostalgia playing a part, but I would watch

Sep 16, 2020, 10:00 AM [ in reply to The NBA has never been better! Overall today’s players ]

Any of the Bulls/Pistons/Suns Finals of the 90's or Celtics/Lakers series of the 80's before choosing most games today.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Watched the 2nd half of the Lakers-Rockets the night before.

Sep 10, 2020, 10:41 AM

Lakers defense is just too good for the Rockets. And Lebron. Rajon Rondo, who I have never been fond of because you need a point guard that can shoot, get to the line at the end of games and make them, was amazing in his defense, floor leadership, finding the right man and shooting threes.

Looking forward to the Lakers-Clippers series.

Re: Watched the 2nd half of the Lakers-Rockets the night before.

Sep 16, 2020, 9:40 AM

Still looking forward to Lakers-Clippers? Lol

You’re right and as a Celtic fan broke my heart. On to

Sep 10, 2020, 10:45 AM

game 7.

In fact, the whole playoffs have been great.

Hate they almost always get two steps now, but the passing, teamwork, defense, and long range shooting is better than ever.

I wish they got two steps. Just as often they get 3.***

Sep 16, 2020, 10:09 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Keep us posted***

Sep 10, 2020, 5:32 PM

Great game ...Toronto is a true team.

Sep 10, 2020, 5:46 PM

Was pulling for Boston, but Toronto is an easy team to get behind.

I hope the Clippers take it all.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You guys boycotting the NBA missed a classic last

Sep 10, 2020, 8:56 PM

I chose to watch shark tank reruns. And happy with my decision.

Sep 16, 2020, 9:49 AM

I am very surprised the Clippers blew that series last night.

Sep 16, 2020, 10:03 AM

Likewise.

I was pulling for them to take it all. Lots of hate for Doc today after coaching another team that gave up a 3-1 lead.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 35
| visibility 1,057
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic