Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If Clemson can do no better
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

If Clemson can do no better

Mar 12, 2015, 8:49 AM

than coach Brownell because of everything about our university that is to blame for our lack of success....those lazy, unfaithful students, those old silver haired rich boosters that don't show up, sorry fans in general, the crappy facilities , the fact we are a football school, the poor state of High School Basketball in SC just to name a few, then extend him a lifetime contract. He is making $ 1.55 million now and will go to $ 2 million in the last 3 years of his contract and YOU FEEL SORRY FOR HIM? Since those of you that believe CBB will lead us to a level of success unseen under past coaches and attack anyone that dares to differ with you, then take the next step and make him ours forever. Maybe in a few more years he will have this figured out, who knows? If you're willing to sacrifice an entire program for your devotion to one single man and to prove that you and those like you are "True Clemson Fans" go ahead and make him coach for life. Just know, as silly as this sounds to some of you, your never ending sometimes vicious support of mediocrity sounds just as silly to those of us that have a differing opinion. In any situation where large amounts of money are involved, someone has to be held accountable for a lack of success and so far, I see no expectation of accountability from those involved with our Basketball program. That's called malfeasance.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If Clemson can do no better

Mar 12, 2015, 8:56 AM

If you want to be objective, our basketball program has barely achieved mediocre over it's life span.

We've had good runs here and there, but nothing of sustained success.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sure, but why should we settle for it?

Mar 12, 2015, 9:02 AM

Just because we have a history of being mediocre, why do we have to settle for being mediocre in the future?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Sure, but why should we settle for it?

Mar 12, 2015, 9:11 AM

Let's be honest and admit and the gamecocks have a tradition of mediocrity in football. But they have been willing to spend the money to hire "legendary coaches" to turn that around. Granted, they aren't now, and never will be, a powerhouse in the SEC. But they've made huge strides. Shouldn't we at least try to hire a "big name" coach to see if Clemson Basketball can achieve greater heights?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 12, 2015, 9:15 AM

That was the intent of my original post, why are some just so willing to accept mediocrity?

Mar 12, 2015, 10:24 AM

Who is accepting Mediocrity?

null

Sure, but who? Basketball at Clemson is a little different

Mar 12, 2015, 9:18 AM [ in reply to Re: Sure, but why should we settle for it? ]

While USuCk has always been mediocre in football, they were still a "football first" school. Clemson clearly doesn't put a big emphasis on basketball. There are plenty of younger fiery coaches who are having success, and we would need to go that route IMO. That being said, we've got CBB 2 more years, so hopefully he proves me wrong during that time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

If CBB proves you wong, he

Mar 12, 2015, 9:28 AM

wouldn't be the first.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Link?***

Mar 12, 2015, 9:29 AM

Mar 12, 2015, 9:19 AM [ in reply to Re: Sure, but why should we settle for it? ]

The problem with that is that they will cost more than Brownell does now, and then if we don't get the results we want in 5 years or less people will be calling for his head and the cycle will restart.

Then again it could have very positive results. Hiring coaches in sports is a huge gamble.

Mar 12, 2015, 10:30 AM [ in reply to Re: Sure, but why should we settle for it? ]

> Let's be honest and admit and the gamecocks have a
> tradition of mediocrity in football. But they have
> been willing to spend the money to hire "legendary
> coaches" to turn that around. Granted, they aren't
> now, and never will be, a powerhouse in the SEC. But
> they've made huge strides. Shouldn't we at least try
> to hire a "big name" coach to see if Clemson
> Basketball can achieve greater heights?

How's that "legendary coach" working out for them now?

You don't settle for it, but you evaluate it in context

Mar 12, 2015, 9:16 AM [ in reply to Sure, but why should we settle for it? ]

and in the context of Clemson basketball, Brownell (unfortunately) has been one of the more successful ones and hasn't done anything to warrant being on the hot seat yet.

Next year though....

Re: You don't settle for it, but you evaluate it in context

Mar 12, 2015, 10:19 AM

You are right about one thing, he hasn't done anything yet.

Mar 12, 2015, 9:17 AM [ in reply to Sure, but why should we settle for it? ]

I'm not saying we do, but some people on here seem to almost have an elitist mentality that we used to be great and now we aren't or something.

On top of that it's just not easy to change something like that in basketball. Football is a lot easier since kids have to stay for 3 years or so.

I actually wish that they didn't do the one and done thing with college basketball and just let the kids go straight to the pros. That gives teams like Kentucky, Duke, UNC, etc. a huge advantage.

Mar 12, 2015, 9:17 AM

null

Mar 12, 2015, 9:46 AM

Your childish, angry rants calling anyone and everyone that disagrees with your blind devotion to a paid employee of Clemson a coot is also a form of beating a dead horse, as well. And you do it as well as anyone.

Mar 12, 2015, 10:09 AM

Except I'm not spamming the board with I like you. Good try though

null

do you iptay bro ?***

Mar 12, 2015, 9:22 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: do you iptay bro ?***

Mar 12, 2015, 9:40 AM

Yes, I've been a member since 1977. Why do you ask, oh, never mind...your arrogance speaks volumes, no answer required.

stand how you are somehow offended by a question

Mar 12, 2015, 10:12 AM

And lash out In a defensive manner. This behaviour is typical from people with a bad argument.

Anyway

1st of all.. My arrogance knows no bounds.
3rd of all .. if you are a member of iptay.. Call iptay wIth your concerns.

It is simply logical that a phone call , email. Tweet, fax or what have you directly to an organization that actually can do something would be more beneficial than a random post on a free internet message board.

In the 14 or so years on tnet I can tell you we have never dropped what we are doing and marched on the athletic department Based off a post.
Best you can expect from us is to stand by our computers.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Well said.

Mar 12, 2015, 10:13 AM [ in reply to Re: do you iptay bro ?*** ]

Some of these younger folk have really low expectations and if we say something they don't like we are coots or we don't contribute to IPTAY. I think the more loyal are those like yourself who have higher standards. The one's who we should be questioning whether they are coots are the ones with such low standards.

Re: Well said.

Mar 12, 2015, 10:15 AM

Lol what a joke

null

little confused

Mar 12, 2015, 10:22 AM [ in reply to Well said. ]

Are you implying older fans are better than the younger fans?

Or.....

People who complain on a free internet message board are better fans than those who don't?

Trying to pick which side to vote fOr.

Re: little confused

Mar 12, 2015, 10:23 AM

He is a typical scok account that magically started posting a ton recently.

null

Re: little confused

Mar 12, 2015, 11:16 AM

I think you are a little paranoid my friend. I am a Clemson fan. Is this how spend your days? No, I think have explained why I started posting here. Cutigers.com is pretty much done. Get a grip. We are on the same team buddy.

Definitely not...

Mar 12, 2015, 11:13 AM [ in reply to little confused ]

Younger fans of Clemson are as great as the older fans. We are all the same. i am just saying that expectations can be different. Younger fans may only know Clemson being weak at basketball. Some of us older ones have seen some good times and we expect that. Not in any way am I saying older fans are better. If you're a Clemson fan than you are great in my book. No disrespect meant on my end and I apologize if I came across that way.

I'm not one to defend BB's performance, but I am one to call

Mar 12, 2015, 10:13 AM

out idiotic posts...

and this is one

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Re: I'm not one to defend BB's performance, but I am one to call

Mar 12, 2015, 11:29 AM

I absolutely love the fact me, my posts, my BI-POLAR nature drives you crazy. You and your little buddy troll 117 just watch and wait for anything I post. Unlike others on here that get angry when trolls like you comment on their post, I view it as a badge of honor to know the great York is bothered by me, a mere psycho malcontent!!, Troll on BIG 12 .......

Re: My Take

Mar 12, 2015, 10:16 AM

I don't actually post much. But it seems to me Clemson is playing some catch up from the decade they took off in upgrading all or most facilities and they're upgrading football first. Bowden was always wanting better facilities, but things didn't start really getting done until we started losing to the Coots in football. Clemson has decided (and I'm glad) to put the focus and dollars into having top level football facilites, coaching staff, and support staff areas for football. That's getting paid for first. The other sports facilities, budgets ect. will probably get improved (compared to the competition) but after football is funded to maintain at an elite level.

The football funding level is to be top 10. Not that the other sports are ignored, but some like BB are not funded like the Dukes, UNCs, and other BB powers. So we're average compared to the top teams.

Being that's said, I still can't explain losing to Gardner Webb and some of the other non conference losses that really looks like will cost the chance at the NIT bid.

My favorite part of this post

Mar 12, 2015, 11:32 AM

Is the Butthurt.

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic